Tuesday, January 6, 2009

Madness at the Sledding Hill

Kaden tried sledding by himself. He loved it and didn't want to leave.
Alex is tough. She kept going down and down. Alex got red, swollen cheeks. I had to pat them.

We were in Daybreak by Grammie's new house. It was the day after Christmas and it was freezing and windy. Our faces were numb. The big hill is insane. It was a little bumpy and very steep. It was such a workout walking up the hill and holding a little ones hand on the way. After awhile we switched over to a smaller hill. That was a lot easier.

Abby and Kailey. They were chickens and admitted it. They did not like the steep hill. When we switched over to the smaller hill, we couldn't get them to leave. They are princesses and didn't want to get hurt. I can't blame them. The big hill was not my favorite.
Jordy Boy and Brayden. He was a tough little guy and hung in there for a long time. It was cold for the toddlers. Don't you love Jordy's moon boots. Grammie kept them all these years. They still come in handy. I think my dad uses them to snow plow.

Kaden and Renn going down the big hill. Kaden liked it as long as he was with his dad. Renn would lay face down on the sled and Kaden would ride on his back. Kaden did not want to go down on his dad's back, but I threw him on top and then he loved it. What mean parents! That was more comfortable going over the bumps. I didn't want to watch. I thought someone was sure to get hurt.

Every time we came home from sledding-we had to make hot chocolate. Kaden could drink it all day. He asks for it when he wakes up. The kids always need more scoops than required, but whatever tastes good. Drink Up!
We went sledding many times over the break. Adri went with the Basses when she slept over at Grammies. Kaden went with Renn a couple of times. We all went on Abby's b-day. Whenever anyone was bored, they went sledding. There was plenty of snow and DayBreak is so close.

No comments: