Saturday, January 3, 2009

Christmas at Last!

The morning the kids have been waiting for all year. We make them come in our room first and say family prayer and then we all go in together. The bikes were not a big surprise because they could see them. Alex and Abby opened one of their presents and they thought it was a DS. It was a DS box but inside was a camera. They were confused. Then inside the family gift were two DS's for the kids to share. They were so excited. Santa was a little crazy.
Kaden and Adri looked like they had more presents. Alex and Abby had the same just smaller and not wrapped. Kaden got a mitt and so wanted his dad to have one too. Later Renn opened a present from the kids and he got a mitt. Kaden was jumping up and down so excited to play catch with his dad. Kaden and Adri had fun ripping into presents. The family room looks nice and neat now and stays that way. Renn picks up the mess as soon as it is made. My mom thinks that the mess is part of Christmas and Renn does it different.

The girls said it was the best Christmas ever. They were very happy with their gifts.

Adri got an American Girl doll and other doll stuff. She was so excited about her double stroller.

Kaden got a bunch of boy stuff since we don't have very much. He had fun playing with his stuff all day. He changed his mind the last couple of days and said he wanted a fire truck. I was worried because he never told Santa that. He didn't get one and he didn't bring it up all day. Now he says he wants one for his b-day. He loves his garbage truck and other toys. His nerf gun was the biggest hit between him and Renn. They shot each other all day. Kaden was a funny boy. In his stocking he got some underwear and he quietly said "I hate that" and threw it down. I looked at Renn and he looked at me and we laughed a little. Then he opened some other clothes and he gently threw them so the side and said "I hate that" again. Every time he opened clothes he would say that quietly and gently put them to the side. It was so funny. If he were older I would be mad, but it was the cutest thing. He just wanted toys. What more would a boy want.

Why didn't Santa put this together? This car garage took all day. Mom and Dad had a ton of fun putting this together-NOT. We hate putting stuff together. Santa wouldn't have brought it if he knew it was going to be this hard.

It's the annual Christmas breakfast at the McBrides with the Robisons. We wish we were closer to the McBrides in Roosevelt, but we aren't. It is hard to travel now on Christmas. One day maybe. Renn makes buttermilk pancakes from scratch. He always teases my family that they don't know how to eat pancakes. His family puts them down and my family takes a couple. We had strawberries, berries, heavy whipped cream, syrup and lots of butter. My mom brings breakfast casserole. It's such a yummy breakfast. We sit around and talk and eat for a couple of hours. By the way it snowed so much. We were happy to be snowed in.

Grammie looked at all the toys and played with the kids. David and his family, Jordy and his family, and Grammie and Papa all ventured out. Matthew was still in the hospital with his new baby.
Renn and Kaden playing catch.

The guys and kids ventured out in the Rhino for a snow ride. They had goggles and all the goods on. They still came in wet and soaked. They stayed out longer than I thought they would. The snow was not only coming down, but blasting down because of the wind. They were bundled and had fun. People were out digging out and snow plowing all day. It was a white Christmas.

Renn's mess. I had to take the only picture with a mess. It was cleaned up immediately. Renn and I finally opened our gifts later Christmas day after everyone left. I shopped for myself and couldn't wait to get my presents. Renn got lots of clothes, running shoes, mitt and other crap that he won't buy himself during the year.
At Grammie's we had Christmas dinner and got to see baby Pita. Ashley looked uncomfortable, but she made it. We kept the little ones away from the new baby, but a couple of adults passed her around. Matthew is so protective of his baby. He's been changing every diaper. Later that night when they left, Ashley had to be carried out because she was in so much pain. Matthew was a little late on the pain pills. I told him to go get them immediately and it was a little late. He will learn for the next baby. We had a turkey dinner with all the fixings. It was yummy.
David had a pillow fight with Brayden, Kaden and Adri. They had so much fun. David is a good sport. He needs one of his own. The grandkids were so nice and mellow with all of their new gadgets. It was a nice day.
The kids all got matching outfits for Christmas. This year we went for the comfy outfit. The girls were mezmorized by their DS's and the comfort of Grammie's couch. Aunt Sandy didn't make it because of the snow, but we all had fun at Grammies-those of us who ventured out. I know Grammie, Papa, and Jordy all helped people get unstuck throughout the day. It was truly a White Christmas.
I'm always sad for Christmas to end. There is so much to do before hand and then in 24 hours it's over. I love Christmas and I know my mom and dad gave me that gift. They gave me the gift to believe not only in Santa but in Christ. Renn's parents also gave him that gift. I only hope I can pass that gift on to my children and they will believe in Santa and Christ forever.
I hope you all had a memorable Christmas too!

2 comments:

tawny said...

Cute pics.....your Christmas was great! I think the Nintendo DS's and the digital cameras were the hot items. My kids got the same. I like your golf cart...that looked sooo fun, my kids would love that?!

Lindsay said...

Awww what a fun Christmas! The funniest part is Kaden with his toothpick at the movie and the letter to Santa....get your milk out of the fridge and some carrots! That is so cute! I need to blog about my Christmas. I didn't get tons of pictures though. I want to see Matthew's cute little new baby! I was going to call you guys to see if you wanted to go out last Sat. but I kept forgetting, then we ended up going sledding instead. Let's go out in 3 weeks, good? Are you coming to dinner Thurs?