
My mom always gave my dad and brothers haircuts. So Renn started asking her for haircuts when we were first married. I decided if she could do it then so could I. She does a better job! My mom gave me some tips, clippers, and scissors and off I went. It was scary at first, but now I have been doing Renn's hair for 8 years. We use an old sheet and he gets first class treatment. Why wouldn't he pay a couple bucks for a nice haircut instead of an OK haircut. Renn has become very gray and many people thought he was my dad. We always loved Renn's gray, but he decided he was ready for a change and now we color it. I trim his eyebrows and everything. I don't love it and I look forward to when it's done and I don't have to do it for awhile. If I had more confidence in my ability maybe it wouldn't be so bad.

Whenever I come home from a haircut and color, Renn thinks I shouldn't have paid because it looks the same. He's so weird. I'm not suppose to look like a new wife every 8 weeks. I think he would like that.

Now I have a boy and he has never had a haircut by anyone else but ME! Monday, Kaden said he wanted someone else to cut his hair. I thought about it and kept asking him if I could. He reassured me that he wanted someone else. I was a little nervous that Renn would think I paid for something that I can do, but I didn't need to worry because Kaden changed his mind. So I cut his hair again. Kaden use to cry and Renn and I would kind of tag team and hold him there or distract him or play vacuum games while he was sitting there. Now Kaden will sit there pretty good. He makes me blow the hair off his nose or mouth once in awhile. Like Renn's hair, I don't have a ton of confidence in giving hair cuts, but if you gel, spike and make crazy no one can tell who cut it. If we ever go to a different style I guess I will have to learn or give up.

So much better. His spikey, crazy hair was getting out of control and too long.
I was so excited when I found out Kaden was a boy. I would still only be doing three girl heads of hair and not four. I thought Renn would be in charge of Kaden's hair and his. Well that has all changed. Not only do I style Kaden's hair, but I now do Renn's almost every morning. I do my hair, Alex's hair, Abby's hair, Adri's hair, Kaden's hair and now Renn's hair. I need to hire a hair stylist. Can you imagine every morning doing six heads of hair. Now you know why they don't always look amazing and why mine is in a hat sometimes.
What will I be doing next-wiping everyone's butts!
1 comment:
Omg, you have me rolling...that was so funny and I can soooo relate to you because I do ALL the hair at my house too!!! Us moms do so much work! That's why we are so awesome! :)
Post a Comment