Wednesday, January 21, 2009

OCD, High Maintenance or the Youngest!

I'm glad I decided to do this blog because as I was looking for pictures-I found this one. It puts things back into perspective and let's me know I am lucky to have this little guy even if he does act like a monster now and again.

Kaden is so high maintenance and weird. Yesterday all the kids were back in school and it was just Kaden and I. Sometimes I think we are getting somewhere and other days we go backwards. He woke up onery. I was getting the girls ready for school and he kept shouting demands at me. I told Kaden I would help him when the girls were gone. He was going to make us late. Alex and Abby had to go to the ortho. When we were leaving Kaden would not buckle himself up. His arm and leg hurt. I yelled at him and finally he did it. I fed him a bowl of oatmeal in the mean time. With his oatmal he has to have a seperate little bowl with brown sugar and a seperate spoon. He has to have a specific amount of milk on top of his oatmeal. We dropped off the girls and we were back home. He then wanted a bowl of mommy's kind of cereal. It's healthy and so I gave it to him. He then wanted another bowl of my kind of cereal. I have to pick off all the almonds and give him a specific amount of milk, a specific bowl and spoon. He always asks for one more shoop (scoop) when I'm done pouring his milk and so I give him a bit more. Then he asked for hot chocolate with his cereal. As I was getting his hot chocolate he asked for a different cup with just milk. How many more demands. I told him I needed to shower and so he would have to finish eating and go play with his toys. After my shower I found everything thrown into the sink. Left over milk, hot chocolate, and cereal all over. At least it was in the sink. Now he proceeds that he is still hungry and wants fishies and a show. It can't be a show on TV-I always have to go find it on DEMAND or DVR. I wanted to do my hair so I gave him fishies and turned his show on. I finished getting ready and it was eleven. He then asked for go-gurts in a bowl. He squeezes them into a bowl and he has to have two different kinds. We then needed to get ready for school. He said his leg hurt and his arm. He couldn't put his boots on. It's emotionally exhausting with this kids. Nothing is ever right and everything has to be done just so. Off to school and I get a break.
It was time to pick Kaden up. He was yelling turn on the TV and all kinds of onery comments on the way home. We came home and I had to hurry and fix dinner so the girls would get it before dance. Kaden kept yelling at my feet and asking me to do everything. I needed another break. Finally Renn came home and distracted him for a bit. He started throwing things at Abby and was sent to his room. Then he cried "I need to go potty" so we let him out. Kaden thinks I need to help him go potty, get dressed, clean, and everything else. When is he going to act like a big boy for ME! Then he said he was hungry and I told him to wait for dinner. We turned on a movie downstairs and he only stayed there for a minute. Adri was painting her nails and now he needed his painted. I hate little boys with fingernail polish. I've told him a million times it's for girls and so he brings me black because it's a boy color. Absolutely not. When will he take no for an answer. I try hard to enforce things and not give in, but sometimes it's easier. Renn went to a meeting and I tried to have Kaden lay by me and watch American Idol. He wanted me to put together his train and feed him again. I gave him a snack and let him watch his show while I went in the other room. It was time for bed and it couldn't have come earlier. I had to put four blankets on top of him, read a book, turn his fan on, turn his night light on, and take out his tree, give him a nice kiss and hug before he lets me leave. Many times Kaden requires a kiss from everyone in his room in his bed and no other way. We tell them the KING needs a kiss goodnight and they all come running. He never takes no for an answer and he always needs something. I hope one day he is nicer and not so OCD, HIGH MAINTENANCE or the YOUNGEST! Well maybe always the youngest because I wouldn't want another one. What shall I do? I'm exhausted with all the demands and this child.

6 comments:

tawny said...

I loved this post because it totally explains what mom's do in one day...it's exhausting! We never stop all day and we give and give! Good thing we LOVE our kids sooo much!

Robyn said...

From one 'youngest OCD child' mom to another - I think we should embrace their craziness. They are our babies and sooooo cute (lucky they are)and it will all end one day. We will be sad NOT to be able to do ALL those things do for them...I hope.
I was laughing the whole time I was reading this. Love it.

Jenn said...

Oh wow!!! I am sorry for your long day, but the honesty is refreshing. I appreciate you venting, because that is sometimes all you need to do. I have to admit I was giggling the whole time I read....someday you will miss it I am sure.

Jill said...

I have on of those children....He is sooo cute Natalie. And really, we will look back and only remember the good, and the bad really wont seem so bad! Love you!

JW and Alli said...

Just keep looking at the hospital pic. I think Jay will be heading to the hospital on an annual basis just so we (JW and I) will be reminded how much we really do love and need him in our family. :)

Robison's said...

Ha ha! Jordan read the post with me and he is laughing! Jordan says the youngest always deserves this type of treatment, and yes was a king also. Or so he things! I am sorry you had a day like that! I have those days too with Brayden, a little different, but I can understand! That little Kado is something else though! What would you do without him? Such a cute little guy!