Strike a Pose Adri! This girly girl loves dance. It might not come that easy to her, but she is all smiles on stage. It's fun to watch her and entertaining for sure. She's been with the same little group at Local Motion for three years and counting. She is going to be with them next year too! She danced a tap dance, Poison Ivy, jazz dance, Cuban Pete, and Hip Hop, Shake My Groove Thing. She was also in the finale at the end. They had doughnuts for all the little dancers during long waits. Her teachers this year have been Diane Hawker and Katie, her daughter. Adri loves Katie because she was her sunbeam teacher a few years ago.
After 3 1/2 hours, the recital was over. It's just our little family at all the performances lately. We miss G & G Robison on their mission. Grammie was always there and Papa too. Of course we had to make a stop to our favorite ice cream place on the way home, ARTIC CIRCLE. Adri loves their peanut butter cup Sundae or should I say their poopy treat sundae! My kids were potty trained with peanut butter cups and thus they are called POOPY TREATS at my house. Haha. Great job girly. You smiled and shook it like no other.A little side note about Adri. For the past 8 months, Adri has been enrolled in a brain tutoring program. Adri and I would go to a session every Tuesday for one hour. Then we would go home and do these exercises five nights a week for an hour each time. Adri hated it. She threw fits most of the time. I hated it. It made our home not a happy place. I would give rewards and that didn't work, I would take away priviledges and that didn't work. Well it's been a long eight months and they promised us the world. This program does not work for a small percentage of children. It's giving me so much depression, anxiety, anger, impatience and hopelessness these past eight months. I finally asked my father for a blessing to handle this program in our house. He gave me a beautiful blessing. I love my dad for that. We prayed that this program would really help Adri catch up in school. They want us to keep paying for who knows how long with no promises in sight. It's so expensive. Renn and I felt we needed to finally end it. It's been the best two weeks since we quit. We love Adri and accept her for who she is and what she can do and be. Everything will come in her own timing, not ours. Maybe she is here to teach me patience. We will love her through whatever comes and whoever she becomes!!
2 comments:
aww cute Adri pics. Way to go girl. I love her dancing pics..she looks beautiful. It has to keep you super busy running to all these dance comps. I know New York is soon. YOu lucky girl you! I am glad you are doing what is right with Adri...I know you have tried really hard to always help her. You and Renn are fabulous parents. Patient, kind and always willing to do whatever it takes to help your kiddos. your a good mama.
Hope you are having a fun summer love!!!
I adore Adri. You guys do such a good job as parents. You should never be hard on yourself because you are fabulous.
Post a Comment