Saturday, May 14, 2011

MOM'S DAY!!! Bitter sweet.


Renn, Abby and I were the only ones that went to church. It was nice and peaceful. All of my others have the fever crud at home. Abby did not want to sing during sacrament, but I encouraged her. She was beautiful up there singing and I needed someone to look at. During church, I teared up many times thinking of my mother and missing her. Relief Society's lesson was on missionary work and they talked a little about mom's too. My neighbors kept asking how my mom was doing and I would cry some more. I couldn't quit crying all day. I was a baby for sure. I'm always with my mom on mother's day and this year it was different.

I chose to have a quiet day with just my cute fam. I got breakfast in bed, cards, notes, homemade flowers from Alex on the table when I came home from church, and a bike. We had a great day. Renn made a roast with all the fixins and shakes for dessert. We played games. I even got an hour nap. Of course there were the sibling quarrels, but they were a little onery and sick, or maybe just their normal selves. Haha.

Renn and I both talked to our moms. I teared up again talking to her. I guess I miss her. It was a good different this year. I thought about my awesome mother and how great she has been to me my whole life. She's an awesome example and I hope to be like her one day. I also thought of Renn's mom and how appreciative I am to her for raising an awesome family and son. Heavenly Father can't be everywhere all the time, so he gave us moms. I love that saying. Thanks to my cute fam for making me feel special. I love you all and hope to be a great mother like your grandmothers!

3 comments:

JW and Alli said...

Hey - we could ride bikes together...if we didn't live 2000 miles apart! :) Happy Mom's Day to you!

tawny said...

I love your bike! What a cute mamas day gift! Glad u had a Fab day... you deserve it!

Robyn said...

Holy Cow lady! Lots of posts and so much fun!
I am sorry that your Mama was away for this day. But, she is out being a wonderful example of a what a Mother is.:) I would have been the same way all day. I am glad you got to talk to her!
Looks like you got lots of love and I wish your Lagoon day was this weekend, cause that's where I'm heading. Can't wait!!
xoxo