Saturday, May 14, 2011

LAST DANCE COMPETITIONS
LAGOON


I had been dreading this Saturday for weeks. Adri had a dance competition at Taylorsville High and the other girls had one at Lagoon. I couldn't be everywhere. I had to let Alex and Abby go with Renn and hope for the best with hair and makeup. Adri needed me the most. Adri and I left early that morning while the other girls packed and got ready for Lagoon. Thank goodness for Alex. She is getting really good at hair and makeup. I knew everything would turn out fine. Adri had a fabulous time. She danced great. Her team had a prayer circle and a little cheer before going on. It was so sweet to watch. She really loves dance at Local Motion. I keep trying to get her to change to AED, but she won't hear of it. I'm happy that she is happy. Great job Adri. They got 1st place on their tap dance and their teachers gave them a pizza party on the Monday after. At 2 p.m., Adri and I were off to Lagoon to meet up with the rest of the family.


A lot of men would not take on the task that Renn did that day. He was great and I really needed and appreciated him. He picked up friends and drove them all to Lagoon. He rode rides with Kaden all day, even the ones that make him sick. Then he re-rode all the rides when Adri got there. Renn did all of this with a fever and body aches. He is awesome. What a great dad! Alex and Abby were so excited for this competition. AED blew everyone out of the water. There was not even a competition that day. They were sooooo GOOD!!! The girls rode rides with their friends before they danced and after. Alex was also sick with a fever. She didn't stay up on her meds and fell apart at one point. She got it together and danced beautifully. I wanted to take her home early, but she had to stay and play. My kids don't stop ever for anything.
I know Lagoon was a lot of work for Renn. It turns out that all the stressing and dreading was not necessary. The day worked out and I enjoyed it. The girls had a blast riding rides with all of their friends. Jenna came and rode rides with us that night. I love my dance moms. They are so fun to hang out with and we had a great day. Alex and Abby's favorite ride was the Samurai and Adri and Kaden loved the Colossys. I have no idea how to spell them. People are amazed that my kids will go on every ride there. They are tough for sure. It's so fun to be able to go on rides as a family and no one sits out.


Renn and Kaden had a memorable ride. Renn's dad use to take him on the ferris wheel that you can tip your cage over and over again. Well he wanted Kaden to have the same memory. Renn and Kaden laughed as Renn turned them over and over again. Renn said that its the only ride he remembers going on with his dad because of the great memory of laughing together. Hopefully Kaden will remember his fun dad too.


I really love going to dance competitions and watching my girls perform. They shine on stage and love it so much. Every year they amaze me with their hard work and diligence in being the best and trying so hard at all they do. They never complain. This day closes another year of dance competitions. It's kind of sad, but now on to the RECITALS and SUMMER.


That was our family Lagoon day for the year. It was a beautiful day and I'm loving this summerish weather!!

2 comments:

tawny said...

Your girls will have such great memories of dancing! They get to do so many great things. I love your pics...super cute of all the gals! Lagoon is good times..have to do at least once a year. Colossus best ride ever!

Robyn said...

I am only on #3 (competitions) Nat, and I feel like I want to be out. What's wrong with me????
Maybe I need a fun mom to hang with to make them better...