Thursday, May 12, 2011

Kaden's Big Day!!!!

My baby is 6. I never thought this day would come. Next year he will be in first grade. Who will be my buddy? I have loved having a little buddy. It seems like it's been Kade and I for years. The morning of his bday he opened his presents from our little fam and Grammie Girl. Grammie gave him a CARS sleeping bag, pillow and puzzle. Kaden loves them all. We miss Grammie and Papa. Kaden got a skate board, helmet, pads, ds game, Wii game, and lots of his favorite goodies from his sisters. He loves crush, airheads, gum, watermelon sour patches, and anything with sugar. He wanted Oatmeal for breakfast with a candle. It was a busy morning. Everyone had to be out of the house by 9 a.m. including me. Kaden had early morning school for the Mother's Day Program.


It was a fun day for sure. Never a dull moment. The kindergartners sang over ten songs for their moms. Abby is off track and she came with me. We showed up really early to get from row seats. Kaden knows the words and actions, but he would mainly sing. I think that's how most of the boys were. They didn't get into the actions as much as the girls. I loved the songs. They were so sweet. We got to have lunch with our kindergartners. It was preparation for 1st grade. We hung out with Cole and Meg most of the time. I love their moms. Cole and Kaden could not take a regular picture getting their milk. Boys are crazy. After lunch, we went back to the classroom for a mother's day present. It was a sweet story with drawings about things Kade loves about his mom. He's my guy. I love that boy. I love to cuddle, kiss and baby him. I hope I can for a long time.


Kaden's Kindergarten teacher is Ms. Taylor. She is a single mom and such a great teacher. She is quiet and patient. The kids listen and respect her so well. She has the greatest control of the class room handled with love. Kade has had the best year. I love to be around Ms. Taylor and chat with her. We will miss her. Kaden would not be in a picture alone with Ms. Taylor, so Cole participated. Kaden gets embarrassed about funny things.

Kaden, Abby and I were headed home to make cupcakes and get the party bags ready. Abby and Kaden did the party bags while I baked the cupcakes. Kaden and Abby had to help decorate. He had worm cupcakes in dirt. The dirt was of course oreos crushed with sour worms piking through the chocolate frosting. It was fun to get Kaden involved. My kids are not afraid of the kitchen. They love helping. Sometimes too much.

Kaden invited 8 friends but only 5 could come. It was a Friday evening and sometimes that is hard for people. Zander, Kyle, Canyon, Meg, Cole, and all of Kades siblings were at the party. We missed Kaden J, Zola and Jaden. We opened presents before we went to the Rec Center to swim. We played the whisper "Happy Birthday" game. I think it was the first for most of these kids. They caught on, but Kaden kept trying to peek. He got nerf guns, squirt guns, legos, treats, star wars guys, and more. Kaden was in heaven.

We rented the party room at the rec center to keep all the mess there. It was so nice. We brought in Little Caesars pizza and cupcakes. They cleaned up after us. I loved that. The boys were pigs and messy too. It was nice not caring about their mess and craziness. Alex did not swim. She had not been feeling well since the night before. She helped me get the food and organize everything in the party room. It was nice to have her help.

We could have stayed at the Rec Center all night. We did stay a little later, but with friends my kids can swim forever. Renn was a good sport and helped with the kids in the water. He has been sick too. Chills, fever and so on. What a good dad. Adri invited Marli and they swam with Meg and Abby. I want easy parties this year and so far it's been pretty easy. Two more kids to go. The kids love the little river that pushes you through and the slide. The slide was only open the last 30 minutes, but at least it opened.


We had to get home. All the girls had dance competitions to pack for the next morning. Also, Renn had to take the kids Mom's Day shopping. They were gone for a few hours. I wonder what they bought. Happy Birthday to the most handsome, loveable, kissable, boy ever. You have my heart buddy. I love you tons. Hope you had a memorable 6th Bday!!


Kaden's bday was Friday and his field trip to the zoo was Monday. The weather was so great over the weekend and it poured all day Monday. We had raincoats, ponchos, umbrellas, bundled up, and we still froze. Meg and Cole's moms, Jenn and Jennyanne, drove up and hung out in our little group of four kids. I rode the bus with Kaden. The four in our group were Kaden J, Cole, Meg and Kaden. All of his little buddies. It was still a fun day despite the weather. I had a fun time on the bus ride chatting to Ms. Taylor about her love life. I am so glad I'm not single.


All the animals were out. Usually some are hiding and you can't see them, but not today. We saw all the reptiles, monkeys, birds, elephants, tigers, wolves, giraffes and more. The bear exhibit is being remodeled and so we didn't see the bears, zebras, or penguins. It was okay because we were freezing and Jennyanne volunteered to take Kaden and I home early. We left an hour early. Kaden and the kids seemed okay with it. He didn't even complain about riding the bus home. Kaden went to Coles for the afternoon while I went home and did housework. It was a great Monday and I'm glad Jenn and Jennyanne were there with me. They look forward to their field trips all year and Kaden loved it.

3 comments:

JW and Alli said...

Maybe I can have a BD at your house! Looks like fun!

tawny said...

Yay cute party! Love the swimming idea at the rec. Yes easy but so fun! I was w you when u bought those invites! The worm cupcakes are so cute...it looks so real. My mace would love that. Good times always! Happy Birthday Kade

Robyn said...

Your parties are always AWESOME!! I still can't wait to still your gold fish party!:)
Thanks for keeping the ideas coming.
Happy Birthday Kaden!!