Wednesday, December 29, 2010


The morning of Christmas!!!!

We have always told our kids not to get up before 7 a.m. They have always respected our ORDERS!!!! They have to come in our room, have prayer, and walk in as a family. They try to sneak a peek but the lights are always off. I snuck in and took some before pics. There is one after pic. Renn had everyone open one present at a time and then clean up the wrappings right after. Our house does not get very messy. Next year he will probably have them put the present away before they can open another gift. Funny Renn.

My kids each got their one big present they wanted. Alex and Abby got I touch's, Adri got a new bike, and Kade got a DSI XL. They were happy children. I love to see their faces Christmas morning. I hope they are always this full of Magic.
Barbie swim pools, coats, boots, bakugans, games, videos, clothes.

My kids drew names for sibling gifts this year. Alex and Kade got each other and Abby and Adri got each other. They gave cute and thoughtful gifts. Abby gave Adri her I home that only fits an I pod, Alex gave Kade a blow up chute, and Adri and Kade both gave Alex and Abby new gloves, gum, and fav candy bar.
Renn gives the kids a gift every year from HIM. It's his special tradition. The girls all got pedicures, including me, and Kade got a B B gun. There are rules for sure. They were so happy with their daddy gifts. Renn came up with this on his own years back and has kept the tradition going. After all, the rest of the gifts are from me!!!
Renn went shopping one Saturday for two hours and then came home and said he was DONE. How I would love to be done in two hours. It takes me 20 hours. I usually get most of the shopping done before Thanksgiving, but then I stress if they are going to like it. Dumb. Sometimes I buy two of an item and let them pick. I learned this from my mother. I want them to be so happy on Christmas.
Renn had my presents beautifully wrapped. I loved my set up. He bought me buckle clothes, perfume, fuzzy socks, lotions, gift card, a coat, and a new phone. Renn had a personal shopper at Buckle help pick out my clothes. Alex and Abby hate some of them. They say they look like puke and all. I love them. What do they know. Now my grandma and mother love them. What does this all mean. Haha. My hubby needed a new phone badly. His was broke. He hates new phones because with his line of work they get beat up. He bought the new phone and gave it to me. He took me two year old phone. He said "he knew that would make me happy." He is so cute and thoughtful of me. I do love my new phone.
I really wanted to do something special for Renn. He never wants anything and always asks for nothing. For his stocking I made him some of his favorite Christmas treats amongst. I made his mom's caramels and cinnamon roasted almonds. Homemade gifts mean the world to Renn and I hope he loved it. I got him clothes, church clothes, ski pants, a movie, etc....
Christmas breakfast is a RENN MCBRIDE tradition. Renn and I make Christmas breakfast for whoever wants to come. Every year we have BUTTERMILK PANCAKES homemade. Whip cream, strawberries, orange juice, and Grammie brings breakfast casserole. This year Grammie and Papa, G & G Nelson and Jordan's family came. We have it at 930 a.m. and some of the other families like to sleep in so they didn't come this year. It was a nice morning. The kids had fun playing with each other and the adults enjoyed chatting about memories.
Grandpa Nelson fed Bryell, Adri did Bryell's make-up, the boys wrestled and played video games and my girls played with their I touch's. I hope they are not obsessed with them forever. My mother that eats like a bird ate six pancakes. Renn told me she ate a lot of pancakes, but I didn't believe him. I asked her and it was true. That was so funny. She really enjoyed her breakfast. She deserves it. Alli and I gave Grandma Nelson a clock from Rodworks. She loved it so much. I told her how we cherish all the TIME we get to spend with her. We really do love our grandparents. My grandma cried when she read my mom's letter and mine. She's cute.
Jordan wrapped up a special present at my house. He asked me for some wrapping paper and I saw Renn and him laughing. I knew something was up. Heather is such a good sport. She is so fun and easy to get a long with. She opened up some powdered sugar in a bag. Jordan is her cocaine, she loves him that much!!!! I'll leave it at that. She laughed so hard after opening up the present. I loved it. JOrdan and his family are not always here on Christmas day and we loved having them here this year.
Christmas day the kids played and we got ready for the day. I made some no bake cheesecake and mashed potatoes. It was time to have Christmas Dinner with all of the Robisons except for the Bass family. We miss them, but enjoyed the time spent with them the first week of December. Adri is always trying to hold one of the little girls. Usually they end up squaking. We have to keep an eye on Adri. She loves them toooooo much. Abby is really good with them and they usually love Abby back. It was so nice having Brayden in town to play with Kade. They kept each other busy. This year all the Robison children pitched in and got Grammie and Papa a digital frame and gift card to Hale Center. My mom and dad love Hale Center Theatre. My mom loved her gift. Now what to get her for her 60th bday next week???? That's a hard one.
This year the girls and I all got black jeggings. I made them all wear them for Christmas Dinner. I wanted them to look nice and not in pj's. I love them. Renn is not so sure. I don't care because I am sure. My dad and grandpa talked about Medicare all night. BORING. My girls played on their I touches all night. I visited with the ladies and kiddos. We ate yummy roast dinner and cheesecake, banana cream pie, rice krispies, candy, and candy cane fudge icecream for dessert. We were stuffed. Grandma Nelson brought green bean casserole. I always remember eating green bean casserole at Grandma Robisons. We miss Thelma. I carried my purse around all Christmas night like Thelma. It had my cameras in it. I'm glad I still have awesome memories of her.
We left my moms and looked at some more Christmas lights on the way home. Everyone got along on Christmas day. It was great to have a lot of family around and enjoy the Christmas spirit together. I never like to see Christmas end so I celebrate it all Christmas Break. Christmas Break has been so nice. We have had a peaceful time. All the bustling and rushing around before Christmas has now come to an end and we get to enjoy each other, play games, be really sick and be lazy together. Who wouldn't love this time of year!!!!
MERRY CHRISTMAS!!!!

3 comments:

tawny said...

uhhh you are SPOILED!

How cute that Renn was a personal shopper for you! He did such a great job! wow! I LOVE LOVE your coat and shirt you had on last night! Hot mama!

LOoks like your kids had a great Christmas! Your before and after pics are great...you don't make that big of a mess :) (renn is the cleaner..lucky! lol)

Hey I love your jeggings outift! finally you wear it! keep it, it's so cute!

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year, I am SO happy I got to see you over the Holidays! Christmas would not be the same without Utah, snow, family and FRIENDS! LOVE you tons girl!!!!

tawny said...

Oh and Heather's Cocaine...
so funny :)

and your Grandparents are so cute!!

Jenn said...

Okay....it's official. I am a horrible blogger. Just reading your December and I feel like a loser!! I am so impressed with how well you chronicle your life. That is what I want my blog to be, it just some how does not happen for me quite as well as I would like it to.....maybe a lesson from you is what I need. I loved looking at all the pictures and I feel a tiny bit sad that I was not involved in the Hackwell girl, Natalie photo. Where was I?? Oh well....also Heather's cocaine made me laugh. Her face is priceless. Your kids are darling, and even the family photo with tears is so dang cute.
We need to get together for lunch.....I am telling Jill to make arrangements!!