The Saturday after Thanksgiving, all the girls went to Gardner Village. Baby Kate was home sleeping. We ran into Alli and I's favorite lady in the whole world. OUR PIANO TEACHER, JILL DUKE. She made such an impact on our lives. Jill and I would talk about boys and teenage issues. I took piano from her until I was sixteen. I love this lady. She has a special place in my heart. Alli and I also babysat her kids. We got to see a few of the girls all grown up. We talked for 30 minutes while Grammie walked around with the kiddos. What a treat!!!
Taking pics of the cute sayings is not acceptable, but I didn't find out until it was done. I loved these sayings. So appropriate for a girls outing.
The third times a charm. It was Alli's bday on Thanksgiving, so I took her and my mom to lunch. We ate and then we sat around and talked with no kids. We barely have been out to lunch without the kids and to have three times in one year was a miracle. These are two great women in my lives. They are great examples to me of what a woman should be and represent.
Aunt Alli actually got to see my girls dance for once!!!! My girls impressed me. They have such confidence on the stage and I love their stage presence. Abby amazes me each time I see her perform. From this shy girl, to a performer. It melts Renn and I's heart and makes it almost worth it that dance is our lives. My girls had the biggest crowd there to see them ever. G Nelson and G Robison came.
Moving Abby back to AED was such a hard decision. Not only did Abby cry, but I struggled. She has adapted and is loving it. She loves her team and has made some cute dance friends. She was front and center the whole dance. Her smile and stage presence was amazing. She works so hard and it sure pays off.
This dance thing is super hard on a family. Their schedules are opposite and we have a hard time being together as a family. I often times question if this is the road we should have allowed our girls to travel. We didn't understand what we were getting into, and now it seems too late. How could I pull my girls from something they love so much. I tell them all the time that they can quit whenever they want to. They never complain and they will never quit. I know it. We try our hardest to make family time. I guess this is a family event forever. I hope Kaden doesn't mind. After a recital like this, it makes me feel better about the crazy life we live.
NELSON FAMILY CHRISTMAS PARTY 2010!! Renn and Kade left me this whole weekend. They went Elk hunting in Roosevelt and missed some Christmas parties. He didn't mind at all, and the girls and I had fun. I missed my boys though. My mom planned the Nelson party while Alli was in town. I think she sees some of my cousins as much as I do. My mom and dad were a hoot. I laughed so hard. They were cheesy as can be, but entertaining too. They dressed up as Santa and Mrs. Santa Claus to MC the talent show. They were actors in college and it sure came out again. They acted out I saw Grammie kissing Santa Claus while the Robison grandchildren sang. The kids did a fab job and so did G and G Robison.
It was another proud Mommy moment. I had two in one week. Alex and Abby wanted to do a tumbling routine for the talent show. Adri was suppose to be their little Rudolph, but she would not do it. So Emma volunteered. She is a little natural on stage. They put this tumbling/dance routine together in two hours right before the party. I was instructing Alex on what she should wear, and she said she already had that planned. She then said great minds think a like. I said, "You must be my daughter." Then Alex said "UNFORTUNATELY." How rude. I know she loves me despite her comment. They did their routine to Rudolph and they wore antlers. Super cute and super fun to watch. Many people commented again on how much Alex has grown up. My cousin Jill said she had tons of muscle on her legs. They loved Abby's smile. Emma was awesome for not having a lot of tumbling in her past. These moments making me want to continue to be a mother when life gets hard.
All of this would not be possible without my G&G Nelson. I sure loves these two. They are both in their eighties and get around pretty good for two old folgies. I lived by them for quite a few years and they are a big part of my life. They came to most Sunday dinners growing up and they still do. My little bro Matthew dressed up as Santa and surprised the kids. My kids knew, but I don't know about the other Nelson cousins. It was a fun night. Some people talked to their hand, but we are all cousins and we understand. Thanks for the laughs Nelsons.
I got to babysit my three week old nephew, Kixten, for a few hours that Saturday. He came with us to the party. Everyone wanted to see this baby including my girls. I barely got to hold him. My girls fought over him like crazy. He is super cute and I loved it. Roxy came out with her fam to see the lights and do some fun things with her kids. They tried to visit Santa at the mall and he had to go to lunch. Her kids cried. When she came to pick up Kixten at our Ward party, Santa was hiding outside and her kids got to visit with him. It was so awesome that their Christmas wishes were answered at our Ward party. They were so happy and he gave them a candy cane.
Saturday afternoon the girls and I went to Rio for lunch. We wanted to see Tangled but our afternoon got away with us. Heather stopped by and Roxy dropped off her baby. My girls proposed a late movie after the ward party. I was up for it since the boys were driving home and not expected until late. The movie was awesome. Abby went to the show right before us. She said she wanted to sit by herself with her friends. Haha. She acts like a teenager already. Alex, Adri, and Irelynd went with me and they all sat by me. I loved, loved, loved this movie. We all loved it. My new favorite princess movie.
After the movie, Jordan called me to see if Renn was home. Renn had left earlier than he told me. From the theater I started calling his cell and our house. No one would answer. Jordan started calling too. After 15 minutes, we began to panic a little. The kids were in the arcade and I was getting scared. I told them we had to go fast. On the way home Renn finally answered the phone. He was in bed and too lazy to get up. I called Jordy and Heather had already started looking up crash reports. Thanks a lot Renn for getting us all excited about nothing. I'm glad they were home safe. I love my boys even though they like to leave me a lot for hunting who knows what in Roosevelt. Stay home with me for once.
If this week is a sign for how the rest of December is going to be, I'm in for it. Holiday Madness is upon us. Enjoy it while it lasts. Happy Holidays Everyone!!! I love you all.
2 comments:
I loved this post. You have so much love in your life! What a blessing! Your sis, parents, family...it's all great. You can tell you all have so much fun and love together as a fam. I think you may have more parties and fun than anyone I know!
Loved all your Gardner village pics and gma sayings! they are all so true. I really loved seeing the Temple Square pics..the lights, the snow and the Temple! Ahhhhh.nothing beats that. I was a bit sad I won't be able to see them this year so your pics were awesome! I needed that!
Love your dance pics, your girls are very talented. I understand the time and committment issue :) You are fab parents and a fab family! Merry Christmas season! Love you girl!!!
p.s It is SO GREAT to see snow everywhere in Utah! I miss it so much for the Holidays! I love the winterwonderland. (today we are 60 degree's again! ugh!)
Your posts are so much fun to read. I don't think I could do all that you fit into your schedule, but I love seeing how you make it happen! Hopefully we can see you for a few minutes while we're home for Christmas!
Post a Comment