All week I was concerned if I would make it to GNO. Tawny came in town for Christmas Break and we had this planned forever. I made it. I got sick during the night right after GNO. I hope I didn't give it to anyone. I love these girls. I needed lots of sisters and I didn't get enough. It was a fun night with lots of laughs and CHIMPSY desserts. It's so fun to get together once a month and talk and talk and talk. We talked till 11 p.m. We love the months Tawny comes, because she is so fun to make fun of and she cracks us up. We've been buds for over 11 years. Our schedules are so crazy these days with lots of busy children, but we do our best to make it every month. It's a much needed break from life.
On the way home from GNO, I was blowing up balloons in the car. The next day was Abby's bday and it was not decorated and presents were not wrapped. I knew I had a lot to do so I started in the car. Haha. I also was awake all night trying to come up with a great present for my mom's 60th bday. Between decorating, body aches and thinking of mom's bday, I think I got four hours of sleep.
New Year's Day we all got drugged up and spent the day de-junking the house. If we had to stay home and be sick, we wanted to get something done. Renn was home and helped like crazy too. It was the best day ever. We took all of Christmas down, went through all the kids rooms, closets, toy room, our closet, and got rid of lots. We had a car load for the DI and a car load for the dump. There is no better feeling than a clean house. We dusted every room and made everything look neat and tidy. Too bad it doesn't last long, but it was awesome to feel like we all worked together and did an amazing job even though we were all drugged and sick at times. My kids were the best helpers that day. We made fettucini for dinner and stayed in our pj's all day.
I stressed all week for a meaningful gift for my mom. I finally came up with it the night I didn't sleep. My mom's name is Julie so I did things that represented each letter in her name.
J-Joyful I gave her a ornament that had JOY on it. She always has a smile and is full of joy!
U-Ultimate Gift. She is everyone's Ultimate Gift that knows her. I gave her a book mark of Christ and a plaque that said "Families are Forever." Two other ultimate gifts.
L-Lovely lady. My mom is a classy lady and very lovely. She exemplifies how a woman should act and carry herself. I gave her some of her favorite lipstick. She will never go anywhere without lipstick and she teaches that to all women.
I-Inspiration. She is an inspiration and inspires all of us to be better and do better. I gave her a CD from Hillary Weeks with inspirational music. My mom's given us the gift to love inspirational music. Also I gave her some popcorn and butter spray because that is one of her indulgences.
E-Extra. My mom always goes the extra mile in all that she does. She is also an example of how to live. I gave her EXTRA gum, her favorite.
I wrapped it up cute in a basket. You can see the basket above. My mom loved it. I loved that I had thought of it. I know I get my creative little side from my mother. She always thinks of cute ways to do things, and I try to be like her.
It's back to school, dance and life. Adri and Kaden are off track and it hasn't been so bad. I'm amazed. We go to lunch here and there, have playdates, and hangout. It's January and we can't wait till it's over.
3 comments:
Did you get that blanket at target? Emma got one for Christmas that looks identical! Fun BD's! And you are right - you are a player! Your last sentence about Jan made me laugh. At story time the librarian read a book called "My Mom Hates Me In January" but the end of the book says "Maybe my mom just hates January". I think most moms do! :)
Ohhh your mom's basket is so beautiful..! and so thoughtful, and sweet and caring! You are so creative!! I LOVE that idea. I bet that meant the WORLD to your mom. Seriously NOTHING beats a gift that is well thought out with words and meaning....love it.
and this post was so fun! to see all that you did over the Christmas break and New Years! YOu are always so busy. Sad for the sick kids! AND thank you thank you for spending the night with me (when you were sick too!) and when you should be doing abby's party. YOU are simply the BEST!
Now cheers to ringing in the New Year..2011! What will it bring!?! luv ya girl!
Can't believe how much you accomplished with all the "sicky's". Glad all is back to normal.
What a dang cute idea for your mom's b-day. Fun!
Post a Comment