Hope your done Christmas Shopping!!!! 11 days till Christmas
Tuesday, December 14, 2010
HOLIDAY MISC......
Alex wants to be exactly like me. I keep telling her she is trying to be me. It's a joke. But here is one more thing to add to the list. She is trying out the flute this year. They could either take art, choir or band. She chose the flute because I have one and her friend insisted upon it. Irelynd's mom played too in middle school. I gave it up before high school. Alex is enjoying it and it's an easy A for the most part. I couldn't believe how great their beginning band sounded after only three months of playing. My mom loved, loved it. She kept telling Renn how much she loved it. It brought back memories. Her band concert was in the same school and she was playing my flute. She is an awesome girl. Good job Big Al!!!
Our neighbors, the Browns, have an annual SOUP AND SING every Christmas season. It's such a fun tradition. If you ever need a new tradition, this one is a keeper. They invite friends and family over. Each family brings a pot of soup and a quilt to sit on. Mindy provides breadsticks, and cookies. We all eat and then everyone gathers around her beautiful Grand piano and we sing Christmas carols. Rudolph, 12 days of Christmas, Santa Claus is Coming to Town, Silent Night and more. It's a fun festive night. We love the Browns and the annual Soup and Sing.
A few weeks ago, Kaden decided it was time to get out the Christmas decor. He was the best helper ever. We did it while the rest of the kids were in school. He carried boxes, arranged things, fluffed the trees and helped me clean up. It was so fun listening to Christmas music and having a buddy. Some days I love having my buddy and wonder what next year will be like and then other days I can't wait. Haha
A few weeks ago, Abby graduated from the DARE program. The fifth graders get to do the DARE program for a few weeks with a police officer. I recognized him from his police car. They learn so much about drugs and being drug free. They also learn about responsibility and life. Abby was so happy to have Renn and I there supporting her. Alex helped Abby on her essay one night and I was so happy about it. Abby is a good student and works hard. Love her.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Like I said...the McBride's play and play and play! :)
First of all, Alex looks adorable and so grown up lately!! Are you her mama OR older sister?? No fair! You are so dang cute! I love the rudolph red nose pic...!
I love that Alex is taking right after YOU and playing the flute! so sweet. And your mom remembers "those days..." That will be us one day wondering where all the days went! Love that we blog now...kids will be grateful! Good job girly! Love your pics!
p.s where did you get ALex's red shirt, brown skirt..OMG sooooo cute!!!!
Post a Comment