
At 4:00 a.m. Thursday morning, Kaden woke up and said his tongue hurt. I told him to get a drink and go back to bed. At 5:00 a.m., his tongue and ear hurt. I gave him some motrin and put him back to bed. Kaden went to preschool at 12:30 p.m. and Alex, Abby and I went to Mall Cop. During the movie Kaden's preschool called and he was crying, sick and upset. I left the girls and picked up Kaden. He felt like he had a fever and his ear was leaking. I went to the pediatrician and he had two ear infections and one of his ear drums popped. The ear drum pops after a major ear infection. He had been going through all of this pain for a couple of day and never mentioned anything. He's tough. Thursday, Kaden's fever was so high that motrin wasn't cutting it. He fell asleep everywhere, in the car, in my arms, Renn's arms, on the floor and on his bed. How sweet and cute he is sleeping. Kaden fell asleep on the rug in the middle of the day with kids going in and out. Poor guy!

Kaden had tubes when he was 7 months old. He didn't have ear infections for at least 18 months. When he was a baby I knew he had an ear infection because he was onery. There was never a fever or pulling on ears. I just knew something was the matter. The doctor would ask me what the problem was and I would tell him he was just onery. That's a funny reason to go to the doctor, but sure enough he had an ear infection. He's so sweet and cuddly when he is sick. A mom loves that sometimes. Friday morning Kaden was all better except for a dripping, oooozzzing ear. He thought that was cool.
7 comments:
Awwww poor Kaden! I feel bad for him. What do they do for a ruptured ear drum? I can't believe he never said anything, he is tough! Looks fun skiing. I need to go again! You're a busy dance mom, just like Ashley with basketball. I can't believe Alex got a rose!!! What in the world is happening? She's too young, leave her alone boys!!!
You always keep busy. You should take a break from the busy-ness and join me in Hawaii for a week! I tried your bread at the swap meet, yummy!!! I'm going to miss Bunco next week at Katie's. Are you going? I miss chatting with you, lets go to lunch when I get back.
Seriously I can't take it anymore!! The Mcbrides always have kid drama and you always stay soooo calm..Geez you are my hero..supermom.
And I was craving Johnny Carino's bread with a Vanilla Diet Coke all night b/c of reading your email...I hope it was GOOD! I settled for Applebee's..yuck. oh wellsies, Buckle love made up for that!
Hope you had fun and btw, Kade is an amazing boy to put up with all that pain!! a popped eardrum?! holy cow.. that would hurt so bad! wow!
How sad! How weird that his tongue hurt! Hope everyone can be healthy for at least a day. :)
What the heck!!??? A POPPED ear drum? How bad would that hurt! You need to give that boy a pack of gum!:)
Now that sounds like it hurts. Kyron was miserable with just the two ear infections so I cannot even imagine your ear drum popping, poor guy!! Hope he is feeling better.
So sad!! The only good thing about fevers is the sleepin. They are all so sweet when they are asleep. Poor kid, oozing ear, that is tough. Thanks for driving Brenna to Harmons so she didn't get whacked by a car, ha ha.
How's Kade feeling?? Did you go back to the Buckle? and I need to be good like you and S L O W down on the chocolate..me getting a lil fatso. tgif! (almost)
we all need to play again..soon!
Post a Comment