
My baby is getting old. I now have attended my maturation program and now Alex's. It was a night to remember. We received this invitation in the mail from the school. I was excited and Alex was a little embarrassed and aprehensive. She knows it all, but this was a good review. It was a good review for me too!!! At my maturation program my mom was the PTA president and had to bring the goods. I remember how embarrassed I was that my mom had to bring the party favors and that's all I remember about my program.

Wednesday at 6:30 and we were on our way. One of Alex's friends asked a question during the program. It was the funniest thing ever. The audience all laughed forever and the little girl was teased the rest of the night. She was a good sport. They were talking about how the sperm and egg come together and make a baby. The little girl asked "How does the sperm come out of the guy?" Her mom needed to have a talk on the ride home. I was glad Alex already knew. It was innocent, but all the girls got embarrassed and laughed. If any of you are wondering when your daughter might start her lovely womanhood, I learned that 2 1/2 years from the time her breasts start budding is when she will have her first experience. Lovely!! I can't wait for the day when all three of my lovely daughters are going to be little ladies. That will be a ton of fun at my house.
I love sharing these times with Alex. I told her many funny stories about my cousin's budding breasts, Lindsay's episode with tampons, friends starting at school, and my own funny story at dance competition two years ago. I try to make things light and funny so she will talk to me. This is a fun time and we had a good time last night. Thanks Alex for being a good sport.
5 comments:
Holy moly!!! Yikes, no, seriously? already????
That is me next year! I won't be able to go. I think Ashlyn will be sick or something. I so admire how you handle it all soooo well with your girls. Open and honest! that's the way to be. I guess I am just open but not quite honest....I don't think I can fully go in to detail with the sperm/egg issue..did the lady answer the little girls question in front of everybody??? OH how funny!!! I'd be dying.....
Good job girl, you are a fabulous momma!!!
oh and i like your cover shot! woohoo girl!
Thats funny how they still have those! Sounds like fun, kind of. :)
I think I just threw up in my mounth! I am SO happy I will not be doing that for a LONG time! I may do as Jer does and skip it all together. I'll get a book or something...unless they get graded for it...anything for an A!!!
Please keep a notebook for all of this stuff then hand it over when Savvy turns of age! (But she never will):)
Maturation program?? I don't even know if they have those where I live. I never went to one as a kid. My mom was of the "she won't learn this stuff from strangers" variety. Yikes.
Oh I am so happy to have boys. That seems easier to watch a little boy grow up and leave than a little girl. Waah!
Post a Comment