
Renn, Alex and Abby. We decided to leave the little ones home and go for a real ski trip. It was a nice day and so we took the kids out of school. We practiced skiing with our skiis together. Some did better than others, but there is always next year. We skiied pretty hard because all of our legs were sore and last time mine were not sore. Dance season and soccer begins and so we don't have time for the slopes. It had been sunny up in the mountains for a couple of days and after lunch it became slushy. Not so fun to ski in.

Abby crash landed in the splits. She doesn't love skiing as much, but she was a trooper. I think she could ski half day and do a lot better. She is always ready to go home after lunch. Alex could stay all day. Abby was in for a real treat on this particular day. We have been wanting to teach her about the birds and the bees for sometime, but have not been able to find a time with Renn, Abby and me altogether. Today was the day. It was perfect. Alex could give moral support if she needed any. We told her and Abby wasn't so sure about that. She covered her ears and said ewwww dad. That's all she needs to know for now. Hopefully she will want to come and talk about it to us later on after it all sinks in. We were going up on the lift and gently told her all about it. We had some talk time at lunch, but Abby wasn't too interested after the first blow. Poor Abby. They grow up so fast these days and their friends tell them too much too soon. Two down and two more to go. It wasn't so bad. Renn is really good at this. Better than me.

We love lunch time. Relax, eat, talk and goof off. No Adri and Kaden and the day was perfect. We had to help Abby a little bit, but the work was left home. I love these ski days and look forward to them every year. We are spoiled to live in Utah with 4 seasons, fabulous snow, great lakes, 4 wheelin places and so much more. Never a dull moment and always something to do. Till next year!!!!
1 comment:
Skiing again!?! YOu Mcbrides play and play and play....like I said, can I live in your family???? NO FAIR!! I want your life!
And poor Abby...I could see the look on her face in that pic when you were having lunch...sooo hard to grow up and hear the truth!! Good thing for Renn huh?! I am so not good at "that!!"
Seriously fun day with great weather and good times. I'm jealous!!
See ya Tues! xoxo
Post a Comment