Thursday, March 12, 2009

THE BATTLE OF MY LIFE!!!!

It's one of those battles my mom fought and now I am fighting. "You have to play the piano until you can play the hymns" or another one "You take dance, you take piano." Is it worth it. I guess we will see. I know many other dance moms that are using the same lines as me. My girls had a piano festival on Saturday. They practice and memorize a piece and then play before a judge. They both got SUPERIOR which is the highest rating. I'm glad I don't have to hear those piano pieces anymore. I think I had them memorized. Alex has been playing for 3 1/2 years and Abby has been playing for 2 years.
I played the piano until I was 16 years old. You think I would be awesome and I am not. I can't play all the hymns only a couple. I hope my girls turn out better than me. It helps them with their school work so they say. I hope I can continue the BATTLE OF MY LIFE.

1 comment:

tawny said...

Man I feel guilty. I wish ASh played the piano but since she is my one and only, we didn't buy a piano..I have to many boys!

I have mixed thoughts with piano..I played for like 4 yrs and can only play a few hymns..my sis played and now she is a concert pianist. I think you have to have your own drive as a kid to be good or you always want to quit. OVer all I think it is best to always know how to play...Plus I swear it makes you smarter for school and stuff! t g i f tomorrow! yay!