Thursday, March 26, 2009

MY BABY GIRL IS ELEVEN!!!!!!!!

I can't believe that 11 years ago I was on my way to work except for a little detour into the OB's office. I was cramping and awake all night. He wanted to check me out. I was dialated to a 5. I said a 5. Half open and walking around. He broke my water and sent me downstairs to the hospital. I was so excited. I did not have to go to work ever again. I had been filling in for 6 weeks as the only secretary in a two secretary office. It was a nightmare the last couple of weeks. I was so relieved. She was delivered four hours later that included an hour of pushing. Her head was so big I could not push her out. She mangled me, but I was still in love. I didn't hold it against her. She was nameless. We threw around names with Renn and my mom. Alexa, Lexi, Alexandra, and finally ALEXANDRIA. My mom was in love. I was going to call her Lexi, but no Renn had his way and named her Alex. It stuck.

Alex woke up this morning to snow. It also snowed the day she was born 11 years ago. I love that day so much. Alex is amazing. She says "I'd love to" more than any of my other kids, smiles a big grin, always is responsible in school, dance, church and babysitting, so much fun to hang out with, easy going, infectious personality, talented in whatever she puts her mind too, an excellent student, and so friendly to all around. Last night was parent teacher and her teacher was speechless. Her grades were perfect and her presence in his class is perfect. He explained how much he loves having her and how easy she is in school. She always is happy and gets along with everyone. I love her more and more as she gets older. I love being with her and watching her grow into a lovely young lady.
Alex got a new camera, Super Mario Party 8 for the Wii, TWILIGHT MOVIE(her favorite), P.J.s for her pajama party tomorrow night, a gift certificate for a pedicure and some head bands. Alex only asked for a cell phone and she didn't get it. We just don't believe in those things at this age. We have seen too many problems with kids and cell phones. I hope she is not disappointed. She knew the rule, but tried anyways. Her dad doesn't budge.

My kids get whatever they want for breakfast, lunch and dinner on their b-day. Alex wanted sweet rolls. I woke up at 430 a.m. and started making homemade sweet rolls. What a good mom. Not!!!! Those are from the pillsbury can. She had to have a banana with it to make it half healthy. Mom and Dad love you tons Alex. We hope you have a fabulous Day.
Alex has piano and dance tonight so there is little time for celebrating. I am taking treats to school and she is having a 15 girl pj party tomorrow night. I'm sure the next post will be so great because the party will be over!!!!! I'm sure it's going to be tons a fun.

5 comments:

Robyn said...

Can we arrange a marriage here?

I remember when you had her and how excited I was for you. She was gorgeous then and is just as gorgeous now. You do a good job!
Happy Birthday Alex! (not Lexi):)

Lindsay said...

Awww happy birthday Alex! I can't believe that was 11 years ago. I remember talking to you and Renn on my parents side-drive at Ashley's wedding when you were pregnant with her. She is so cute, she looks alot like you in one of those pictures!

tawny said...

First of all...you are ONE HOT momma..an 11 yr old?? you go girl!

Secondly, holy moly 15 girls!! Are you crazy! I have like 20 kids over for the twins party but NOT to sleep..you are a good mommy.

lastly, Alex is gorgeous and she seems like a fabulous daughter! good job.

btw, where DOES the time go? i remember meeting her at the river bottoms ward when she was 2!! goodness gracious!!

Jill said...

How fun! I remember that day well. I was home with a newborn. I wanted you to have a boy for my own reasons! Such memories. I want you to make me homemade sweetrolls for me....or maybe I should just get your recipe.

Jana said...

Time flies!! Your post always make me smile. You have such cute kids. About the Disneyland thing...Joe can get us tickets for a day pass but we didn't need it this time. We did the 3 day hopper.