Thursday, December 1, 2011

BOO
Halloween 2011


These two girls are anything but their costumes! Alex is no angel and Abby is not a nerd. They had fun one night trying on costumes. Abby acted like the best nerd. She was so funny. Alex thinks she is an angel, but 8th grades has changed that!
I am so glad that I am not a Room Mother this year. I volunteer in the classes several times a month, but the stress of planning a party is gone this year. I love to go to the parties and help, but I don't want to be in charge. Adri and Kaden both had awesome parties. Adri's was all Harry Potter themed. Kaden's was just Halloweenie. They both love it when I come to their classes. One day they probably won't care!




We had a fun October. Many Sunday nights we do family night because of dance and homework on Monday. One Sunday night, we made carmeled apples. We tried to make them gourmet with caramel, white chocolate, butterfinger crumbs, cinnamon and sugar, and oreo crumbs. Renn's turned out the best. It was so yummy and sweet! We had a yummy treat that night.



The Sunday before Halloween, we carved pumpkins, made pumpkin cookies and pumpkin seeds. We were pumpkined out! Renn and I always get so excited about carving pumpkins. Not! But every year it's not that bad and it's not that messy. My kids do a lot on their own these days. Alex didn't want to carve as much as she wanted to collect pumpkin seeds.



We are pro carvers at our house. We do the simplest faces. Abby liked licking her pumpkin. Weird! One year maybe we will branch out and get a carving set and do something spectacular. It was a fun Sunday night!



Halloween was Monday night this year. The weather was amazing. Some of my kids did not wear a coat. I made some bean dip and that's all the kids wanted for dinner. So healthy. Well at least it had protein, veggies, and carbs in it. It could be worse like McDonald chicken nuggets. Alex went to Allie Roberts for a party with boys! Abby went with Kailey and Kaden went with a group of boys. Adri has no one in our neighborhood she hangs out with. I tried to get her to go with Abby, but that was a no go. She went with me, my neighbor Stephanie and her daughter Kynna. Adri was excited to go with Kynna. She helped her and had fun with her that night. Adri was a fancy cat, Kaden a skeleton, Abby a nerd and Alex was Oscar the Grouch. I tried to get Alex to carry a garbage can around, but the Tshirt was as far as she went. Allie and Hallie wore Sesame street shirts too. Renn stayed home and scared kids on the porch. That completely entertains him.


As Adri and I were coming home in Stef's car around 9 p.m., we turned the corner and there was a kid sprawled out in the middle of the road. People were telling us to drive around him. It was Kaden. He was on his bike and turned the corner too fast and fell on the road with his candy everywhere. I'm grateful there were neighbors by him or he could have gotten ran over in his black skeleton outfit. It was a late school night but everyone had a Happy and safe Halloween!

1 comment:

tawny said...

oh poor Kaden! What a cute TOUGH boy he is :)

Umm I LOVE your caramel apple ideas! awesome. I am going to copy that tradition next year! Renn's looked divine.

You are always so great to be there for your kiddos. They will always remember your fun traditions and you helping out in their classrooms..etc. Plus you are SO dang cute. (are you their mom or their sister? haha)

and lastly, I want to eat your 7 layer bean dip!
omg it looks SO SO good.