There is always a lot of girl time around our house, but especially in the FALL. Renn goes hunting and takes Kaden. This time he dropped Adri off at her cousins and it was just Alex, Abby and I. We shopped a big part of the weekend for winter clothes and shoes. Abby and I shopped for 8 hours on Friday. We went to dinner and chilled. Abby even got a free shirt from Fashion Corner. I got a petty coat for $16. I was pretty excited. Alex joined us at night and then on Saturday again. I was pretty lucky because SUPER SATURDAY was on that weekend also. While the girls were at dance, I went to Super Saturday, made some necklaces for presents and ate an awesome lunch. Our ward is amazing. They go all out and it's completely entertaining and fun. The girls and I hooked back up for shopping and dinner. It's so nice when it's just the three of us. They are my buds. Church was quiet on Sunday too!

The next weekend was THRILLER. The girls and I have always wanted to go to Thriller. Their dance studio put together tickets for a Saturday matinee for all of us to go. We were almost late. I cannot find my way around at the U. Alex was in a panic, but we made it just in time running around the campus. Abby was afraid to go because of the scary people. She did fine. She psyched herself out for nothing. Chase and Gev are from SYTYCD and they have taught at AED during summer camps. They were in Thriller. The girls had a fun time, but the show is weird at times. The dance numbers are awesome, but inbetween they have fillers or commercials. Clowns come on and they play weird videos. You have to go once to experience the infamous THRILLER by Odyssey!
Tawny came for a visit. We met for breakfast one Saturday morning. It was fun catching up and taking some photos of ourselves. I miss her. Dinners are not as crazy for sure without her and we love crazy dinners.
Jill My Cousins came in for a visit. It was Jenny's 40th Bday and the Hackwell Halloween party. My kids were off track and we got to hang out with them for a few days. The women went to Kneaders for Jenny's 40 bday lunch. They are a lot of fun to be around. Then we picked up the kids and went to Gardner Village to see the witches and get some treats. Every year my mom goes with me and the kids to Gardner Village. She loves the witches. This year she is gone, so it was fun to go with the Hackwells. It was a beautiful sunny day. It's been the nicest weather this fall. GORGEOUS!
The girls! My kids have fun being around the Hackwell grandkids.
Of course we ran into Heidi at Sweet Aftons buying treats. Her kiddos were off track too. The boys found a comfy place by the pond and threw stuff at the ducks. I don't think it was nice stuff. Boys are all the same.
That night we went to the INFAMOUS Halloween party hosted by J.D. and Jenny Barnes. It's also a bday party for Jenny and Drew. The costumes were hillarious. Janeen's fam were are dressed up as breakfast foods, Julie's were dressed up as cowboys, Jana and her husband were cave men, Jenn and JD were hippies, Aunt Sherri and Uncle Vern were Princess Lea and Hans Solo. Jill and I went stag. Jill and Leah were Mrs. Hannigan and Annie. Jill looked so cute. I was an 80's workout chick. Pretty daring. That's just to name a few.
Cousin Michelle dropped by and Adri was in heaven. She loves Michelle. Morgan and Brenna were super funny and astonishing. They were brave also. Pregnant teens and so on. It was a way fun night with lots of good Mexican food and treats! I love the Hackwells. When you don't have sisters, it's fun to be with the next best thing, COUSINS! Thanks for the awesome week Hackwells. Jill should come more often!
In November the McBride women had a girls weekend. Boy do they know how to shop. They wear me out. I cannot shop like they do. They don't get to shop whenever they want so they are long winded shoppers. The back of Becky's suburban was packed. I'm not sure how they got home. Friday night we shopped, went to dinner at Olive Garden, and then to Desert Star for a cute show about Brunettes. When we came out of Desert Star this sign was right next door. Ted McBride is Renn's dads name, Renn's name, Randy's name and Randy's two boys names. We need to meet this Ted McBride. It was a fun night to be without kids. We stayed up in the hotel till 2 a.m. laughing and chatting. Raelyn really chatted and was naughty most of the night. Jenn and I laughed at Rae. Saturday we had breakfast and shopped until 3 p.m. I needed a nap when I got home. Its fun to be with all the McBrides and make fun girl memories. Thanks to Rae for planning a fun weekend.
As moms and women, we need these breaks and girl time. Girls need each other. We lift each other up, listen to one another, understand each other and love each other. Then we go back home as better mom, wives and friends. I love all the women in my life!
1 comment:
I want your life!
Man oh man what fun you HAD!
You are surrounded by such great women! I am so happy for you. You are always so happy and fun, you attract people to want to be around YOU!
Our breakfast was so fabuous, and way to short. I was so sad to say good bye!!!!
Love your hotty totty Halloween outfit. You look like your 12 cuz you are so tiny. Lucky girl.
Love your updates!!!!
Post a Comment