Monday, December 5, 2011

Over the river and through the woods

to ROOSEVELT we go!
Thanksgiving 2011


Our family left Wednesday afternoon for Roosevelt. Adri slept at Sydneys and Kade slept at Galvins. Alex, Abby, Renn and I all stayed at Grandmas. We arrived just in time for pumpkin pie before bed. Renn ate pumpkin pie for breakfast, lunch and dinner. We had a great time. Thanksgiving morning Grandma fed us Buttermilk pancakes and apricot juliuses. Morgan and Taylor came over for breakfast with Alex and Abby. Alex and I cut out material for the quilt and I helped Grandma sew it on the sewing machine. Renn and Alex couldn't believe that I could sew. I haven't done it for a few years.

There was no time to be bored at Thanksgiving this year. There were crafts to get done and a quilt to tie. The rule is that each grandchild has to tie some of the quilt to get their name in for the raffle. I figured one of my kids should have drawn out because I had made 75% of the quilt. That didn't happen. Sydney won the quilt. Every family get together there is a quilt to raffle off. The kids have fun learning how to tie quilts thanks to Grandma. The craft did not get all the way finished because of some miscommunication between the McBride sisters. It's going to be cute when finished.

All of the sudden Renn's sister Roxy is the craft and business lady of the family. She is selling the cutest crafts, shelves, end tables and bling bling jeans. She was the least crafty of the girls and now she is making money. Go get them Roxy! I admire it. What can I do? Maybe I should clean houses because that's what I do best. Duh!

My kids have a grand time being with all the cousins, 25 cousins. Rennette was sick and stayed in American Fork for Thanksgiving. Otherwise, everyone was there. They kids ran hard and played basketball and soccer. Renn was sick, but he managed to play too. I found this cute picture of Alex on my camera. She likes herself.


The food was all homemade, hot and delish. Nothing better than a Roosevelt Thanksgiving spread. The only thing that Alex and I noticed, was that they don't make the best gravy. My mom makes gravy from the drippings and Renn's family does not. Everything else was perfect.



I was a little bit nervous about bombarding Renn's mom and making too much work for her. She was in great spirits and we had a fabulous time with her. We ate dinner at 3 p.m. because Eric and grandpa had to work. Grandma and Grandpa were the last to get their plates and they ended up on the kids table. Grandma made sure all the kids were using their napkins properly and their utensils. I loved the etiquette lesson. We went back for 2nds and 3rds. We enjoyed one anothers company and all the food. Ralene made the turkey this year and it was the most tender and juicy turkey ever. She started it the night before in a roaster at 400 degrees and then turned it down to 200 for the rest of the night and the next day. That must be the key. Everyone that hates turkey, loved it this year. Ralene gets to make it every year. We had yummy cheesecake, pumpkin pie, ice cream, and pumpkin roll for dessert. If you didn't come fast, it was gone!





We said our goodbyes and headed out. Jordan and Heather were at our house in Salt Lake and we wanted to spend Friday with them. I was so happy that we went to Roosevelt and enjoyed our big family get together. Those are the memories I love the most as a child and now my kids are making the same memories.



Friday we got to enjoy Jordy and Heather's fam. Jordan and Heather ran a few errands in the morning so we chilled at home with the kids. Heather is going to have her baby in two weeks and she needs everything done for Christmas. The kids all entertained themselves. We called all the Robison boys and headed to Arthur's Christmas at the District. Matthew was at the U game so David, Dawn and Alyssa came with my fam and Jordan's fam. My girls love all the little girls. The little girls really love them back. We got to see Corbyn for the first time with glasses. He is so handsome. He has the same problem as my kiddos. After the movie, Jordan and Heather headed back for Roosevelt.





Renn met us at the new Brick Oven in South Jordan for dinner. We just went out as a family. I love family weekends. We got to see lots of McBrides and Robisons. With my parents gone, sometimes I feel like my family is not as close. No one makes an effort but me. Brothers are ding dongs and that's all there is to it. It's not their priority. I get that, but it would be nice is someone made an effort once in awhile. Anyways, that weekend filled my love pot for family!



Saturday we chilled and finally put up all of our Christmas decorations. I've been holding off just in case the house sold. I figured we were safe the weekend after Thanksgiving. No one would want to be in that fast, or at least we hope not. Its fun to feel the Christmas spirit and still be in our home! This is my favorite time of year.

2 comments:

JW and Alli said...

Wow! It looks like you've caught up! Glad your Thanksgiving turned out great. Now I'm waiting for a picture of the new Jordy boy!

Rebekah said...

"She likes herself"...LOL!