Thursday, April 28, 2011

GIRLS WEEKEND ONLY!!!!
Logan Dance Competition-AED

The weekend we love was finally here. We left Friday after school and picked up Heidi and Allie. It was a fun ride up. I love Heidi. We never run out of things to talk about. We were in the same ward at Chapel Ridge and have been in love ever since. We love Annie too, but she runs the show and we see her sometimes. We arrived to the Marriott and made a plan for dinner. Olive Garden was the pick. We went with Holly, Kara, and Ellie too. We laughed loud, very loud, and had the best dinner. I'm not sure if Holly is use to our craziness.

After dinner all the girls met in the lobby. Some moms and of course Hayden made an appearance. He is such a cute kid. Anne did good raising that boy!! I think the girls love him too. Heidi and I went to other rooms, jumped on their beds, and caused mayhem while the girls swam and ran around the hotel. We also took a late night run to Artic Circle for shakes with Libby. The funny thing about Libby is that she had just taken some sleeping pills. She tried to counteract that with some caffeine. It was funny for sure to watch her. Heidi and I could not have this much fun if our husbands were there to watch us. That's why it's a girls weekend only.

After the girls played throughout the whole hotel, sounding like elephants running down the hallways, we corraled them at midnight. It was time for curlers and preparation for the competition in the morning. Hallie's curlers were so messy. I never thought they would work, but the next day her hair looked beautiful. Sorry Hallie for giving you crap. Heidi, Allie and Alex did curlers while I showered. Abby had to be there reallly early and the rest of them got to sleep in. Abby zonked. She had too much fun and was exhausted.


Abby and I only got 5-6 hours of sleep. I had to load up on caffeine. We snuck out of the hotel room and left the other sleeping beauties sleeping. Abby's team did awesome. Alex's team did awesome. We were there all day. They both danced four times and they both got many high golds and Abby won high point for her hip hop dance, GIRL FIGHT. I think Alex's BIG SUNGLASSES won high point also. I can't remember the rest. There are too many competitions to keep everything straight. Adri's dance studio was there too, but only the old girls. We had fun talking to the Local Motion girls from our ward and school. Both studios did the same. Awesome at some and good at other dances.



I really love the break. I get to hang out with my favorite dance mamas all weekend and not worry about the little ones at home with Renn. He's a good sport. They went to lunch and played with dad. From left to right, Heidi, Me, Jenna, Libby and Anne, who makes it all happen. We see Anne here and there. She's running around everywhere making everything happen. Jenna and Libby are sisters. Our girls have all been in dance for ten years together. I remember the good ole days when we would sit at the studio with our babies and chat while our toddlers danced. It's been a long adventure for sure, but it's so fun to see how far the girls have come and improved.




We had the loudest cheering section and it was only made up of us moms and a few girls here and there. Thus we were all hoarse afterwards.


After everyone was done, we left for Cafe Rio. It's tradition. We ate and ate. We ordered food, appetizers and dessert and ate it all. Heidi and I had to be back home for church in the morning. I had a big Robison dinner to prepare for my parents last Sunday. Our girls were invited to stay for awards late Saturday night and overnight. But before we said goodbye, they started yelling out the windows. It sounded like dogs dying, cats mating, disabled yelling, and we couldn't stop laughing. People were looking at us, making funny signs and faces. I guess I was picking my nose while the girls all yelled. The dads would not be this fun for sure. They wouldn't understand our craziness.


It was time for goodbyes. We had the best weekend with our girls. We laughed a lot and played a lot. Fun memories for sure. The ride home was just Heidi and I. It was so fun to talk and talk. The ride home went by so fast. I didn't want it to end. Love ya Heidi. Here's to next year. How can we top it!!!!




We are proud of you girls. All of your hard work and our money pays off when we get to watch you dance so beautifully!!!

2 comments:

JW and Alli said...

I'm sure you were the one that taught all those girls those mating calls and retarded noises!! Glad you had a fun get-away!

tawny said...

Can I come on your dance weekend and be a mom too?? Dang that looked like SO much fun! You and Heidi are a riot. You know how to party! Now that's a GOOD time! what fun memories!!!!!

p.s when u said cafe rio and olive garden, you made me crave UT food all over again! no......!