Thursday, April 21, 2011

HIGHLIGHTS lately.......


Who is this lovely creature? Every Wednesday night, Renn and Alex go to Mutual for the past year. I am usually home doing homework and tutoring with Adri and Kaden. Sometimes we watch Survivor. Abby is at dance and the house is pretty empty. The favorite combined activity for our Mutual is DROP OFF. Every year the kids request this. They get dropped off at the South Jordan Rec Center and have to make it back to the church without getting caught. They jump over fences, enter people's yards, hide in bushes, whatever to win. Alex really got into it this year. She is pretty competitive in whatever she does. The got caught at the school across from the church. So close....



Alex and Renn went skiing a few Saturdays ago by themselves. No one else wanted to go and the weather wasn't the best. We also had our nephew over, so someone had to stay back. Renn and Alex had a fabulous time. Renn took her on every run in the Canyons. Alex even went on Black Diamonds and Double Black Diamonds. I'm sure this made Renn's year to have a daughter so awesome. They came home a little bit early because they were exhausted. They skiied hard and Alex never complained. Renn said to me that night, "Who would have thought that little girl I rocked to sleep would ski black diamonds with me one day." It was sweet.

Adri's spring performances got underway the last week of March. She loves dance and loves performing. She might not always be right on the count, but she is smiling up a storm and loves it. She has three dances this year, hip hop, tap, and jazz. She performed at the Legacy Home for the older sweet people that live there. They love people performing for them and talking to them afterwards. Little Amari, our neighbor, is in the black wig. She danced with a guitar to a rock song. So cute.... It was a trial performance for upcoming competitions. Great Job Pigs!

I turned around and there he was. DISGUSTING. He was playing hide and seek and that was the best hiding place. I had to laugh and take a picture. I wouldn't let him come in my house the rest of the day. Adri and Kaden were off track for three weeks in March and April. We had Galvin for five of those days. He kept Kaden so entertained. His dad had gastric bypass and we wish Cody well. I should have had another boy right after Kaden. Poor guy gets dressed up and watches girl shows still. He is all boy, but the girls pay him for their entertainment. He is going to be a sensitive husband one day and understand women way better than other men.

While they were off track, we went to the park a ton. The weather fooled us for a little bit and now it's winter again. The kids played outside. One day we went to Park City with Haycocks. The kids swam and played games while Jenn and I chatted. It was a nice break for the day. It's hard when the two of them are off track because they have a love/hate relationship. Play good, fight good. We went to lunch and played with friends. I go into a little funk when they are off track. I have no baby sitter and no breaks. I'm not use to that. I am happy to say that I am out of my funk and we made it through off track. The next time they are out of school!

Also while they were off track, Adri had a science project. WHAT!!! Alex didn't do one until 6th grade. Adri and Peyton teamed up. It was fun getting together with the Haycocks for the science project. Meg and Kade are in the same kindergarten class and play great. Meg is tough and good with boys. Jenn has a toddler and a new baby. It's fun to not be in that stage anymore, but to help her out when I can. I feel for her. I remember that time of life so well. The girls decided on a popcorn science project. WHAT POPCORN POPS BEST AND WHY? We used an air popper and an old fashioned oil popper. It was fun to watch the kids get into it and then eat all the popcorn afterwards.


Here was the finished product. Done. Thank Heavens. It was fun and pretty easy, but I don't want to do these every year. The air popcorn popped the fastest, was the fluffiest, but the kids liked the taste of the oil popcorn. Probably because it had more flavor with all of the fat. Jenn and I liked the air better.

The week after Adri got back on track, she had a book report due. They slammed us all at once. Fiona's Bee is one of my books I had as a little girl. The kids had to make a hat that resembled the book. Alex, Abby, Adri and I made it one Sunday afternoon. My girls love doing crafty things and it turned out to be pretty easy. Abby helped Adri read the whole book. It's so nice having older children willing and able to help with the younger ones. Fiona was a little girl who didn't have a pet and didn't have very many friends. She found a bee drowning outside on her porch one day. She picked it up and put it on her shoulder. The bee stayed there as she went to the park. Fiona became famous. She got a pet and lots of friends because of her bee. Cute Story! Good job Iggy! I hope the 2nd grade projects are done now.

Jordy and Heather came out for Brayden's bday. Kaden, Abby and I were lucky to go to Chuck E Cheese with them. Kade loves Brayden and all of his Roosevelt boy cousins. They slept at our house the night before. It was a fun day at Chuck E Cheese. Jordan loves it as much as the kids. He will always be my little Jordy Boy!! Haha

Abby is off track now. She is off for 4 weeks. Matthew and Ashley had a cute new baby girl April 6th. Abby and I have been tending Pita as often as we can. It's hard to have a c section, and a toddler. My mom took my toddlers for me whenever I had a new baby. She would take them for a few hours in the morning and then put them down for their nap. It was an awesome thing my mom did for me. I want to do that for my own children and anyone who can use my help. Abby loves Pita and Pita loves Abby. It helps break up Abby's day and Pita's too. Win, Win. She is our little buddy now. Congrats to Matthew and Ashley and new baby Evie Sophia. She was 17 days overdue and still had to have a c section. Way to wait it out Ashley. You were determined. Evie was a little over 8 lbs. She looks exactly like Ashley's family. Pita is more of a Robison for sure.



Those are the highlights that I am so bad at keeping up with. At least it gets done eventually!!

4 comments:

Lindsay said...

17 days overdue????? That is unheard of! I keep thinking, I hope at the most I only go a week overdue! That is crazy!!! Evie is such a cute name too.

No matter how many girl things Kaden does for his sisters, he can't help hiding in the garbage and being all boy! So gross and cute at the same time!

Glad you made it through off track time! We should've gotten together, hello! Next week for sure!

Kevin and Jeni said...

Fun times at the McBrides! Congrats on surviving another off track :) I'm gearing up for almost 3 months of summer vacation!?!

Robyn said...

Um, is it weird that I want to play drop off? How fun!!
And 3 posts so fast?? YOU are back!
I loved your post about the parents and the missions. You have such great examples all around you! Especially for your kiddos. LUCKY!
love you!

JW and Alli said...

Fun updates and pics!! Thanks!