Alex started Middle School two hours ago. All the kids went with me to see her off. She woke up at 630 a.m. because she could not sleep. She said she didn't sleep all night. Yesterday she laid out all of her clothes and tried to decide on an outfit. She wanted my help, but they are all cute. She got her bag ready and she was ready. She was super excited this morning. I dropped her off and away she walked. I was glad I had sunglasses on because I had some tears. I'm afraid if I blink too long, she will be gone from my house and making a life of her own. It's so sad. I've had such a fun time with just her. She is helpful, easy going and fun to hang with. I'll miss you Alex.
Abby started school last Monday the 16th of August. She was really excited to start school also. Her teacher is Miss McKenzie and she is from South Africa. I love her accent. Reminds me of our safari two years ago. Abby had a hard time picking out her outfit like Alex. She also planned her hair a couple days in advance. It's fun getting girls ready for school. Alex, Abby and I got to hang out for a couple of weeks. We loved shopping, eating and hanging out together. Miss ya Abby.
Alex has decked out her locker. It is so dang cute. Everyday she would make more things to hang and decorate with. She has bottle cap magnets, pictures, ribbons, a holder for stuff, gum, anti bacteria, mirror, message board and more. I asked her if she could fit a back pack and coat in her locker. She thinks she can. I only had a mirror in my locker. Her locker is super cute.
In August, we had to get haircuts and roots touched up by Aunt Ashley. I had to leave them there because I had kids to drive around, but when I came back they looked beautiful. Aunt Ashley is so fun to be around and the girls love it when she does their hair. They look beautiful!!
Alex got her schedule two weeds ago. She called and asked everyone she knew if they were in any classes together. I think she knows someone in each class. At the school with her dance friends, they all tried to open their lockers. Alex could not do it very well. She kept practicing all week and now she is a pro. Alex has been to the middle school four times before school started. One time with me, one time with dance friends, one time with school friends and one time with neighbors. The day she met her dance friends there, we all went out for lunch at the Olive Garden. My friends came too. It was fun to be with all the girlies and bring them on our GLO!!!! Then a couple days later we went to RIO with all of her school friends and their moms. It's been fun getting to know the cute mom's of Alex's school friends. We ended up staying for a couple of hours. I think she is ready. Kade has been so cute tagging along with us in the mornings. He just brings his DS and he is set!!! But he forgets to look up and he runs into signs!!! Haha.
It's been a fun month with my older two. We have shopped till we dropped, ran errands, been high maintenance, and played together. I will miss them. It's been a fun summer. It's been nice having the build up of homework and schedules happening gradually. It's prepared me for the real thing. I think we are ready!!!! Let SCHOOL BEGIN.
3 comments:
what cute girls!! Alex is growing up too fast, its amazing. Abby looks so cute - love her curled hair. Hey...quit crying and enjoy some very productive hours!! :)
HOW dang cute is Alex?!?!
Seriously your pics were darling! Your girls are beautiful! They looked so cute on their first day. AND I am with YOU! I cried all the way home from the twins first day of Middle School. I couldn't help it. Tears just came. Happy/sad tears..mixed emotions! I get ya!
Here we go..BACK to life, schedules, routines and alarm clocks! we love our jobs! Miss you TONS lately...I hear Park City calling our names :) xo!
I am almost crying for you...I dont look forwar to that day. She is a beauty...they all are!! See you saturday! xoxo
Post a Comment