Tuesday, April 20, 2010

SWEET THANGS!!!!!

It was Abby's and Adri's first dance competitions of the year. They were so excited. Giddy in fact. We woke up at 6 a.m. on Saturday and headed to Clearfield. I did hair and make-up in the car. The girls changed in the car too. Abby did awesome. She seemed right at home on stage and smiled like crazy. She shook it too!!! Burnin Love was by far our favorite dance. It was a jazz dance by Julie Iorg in our ward. That dance got first place. Hip Hop was my second fav and her lyrical was my last fav. Abby can shake it, but sometimes she has a hard time being graceful. It's her first year in lyrical. She'll get the hang of it. It was a SWEET competition!!!
Renn and Kade came with because it's Adri's only dance competition. Renn wanted to be there for sure. Adri loves dance, but is it her thing. Time will tell. She did really well. I wish she would not watch the other girls. That's her story in life. Watch everyone else and don't pay attention. Hehe. I'm sure it will get better as time goes on. She was so excited and silly all morning. Finally it was her turn and she smiled the whole time. I ran back and forth changing girls while Renn sat and entertained Kaden. I don't know whose job was harder.
Lorena's was SWEET for sure. We love a good Mexican restaurant. On the way home from the Dance Competition we stopped there for dunch. Lorena's is Renn's favorite mexican restaurant. It's in Bountiful so we never go there. Sometimes when Renn is working, he will drop in by himself, only a couple times a year. Lorenas is like La Puente or La Frontera. The smotheredness was divine. The kids did not like it so much. It's too authentic for their little taste buds.
We came home and took a nap. It felt so nice. I fell asleep for 1 1/2 hours. Renn fell asleep on the couch and I don't know what the kids did. I think some slept and some played quietly. It was a miracle. Then we woke up and did yard work until 7 p.m. It was beautiful and perfect weather. The kids even joined in and enjoyed it. Renn was a little bugged, but it turned out to be a fun family afternoon. Renn wants his yard in tip top shape in two weeks. I'm sure it will be. We pulled out ugly bushes, raked leaves, trimmed stuff and went to town. I wish I got pictures of this-Renn stomping down the trash can in snow boots and shorts. It was a funny sight. It felt awesome, even though I despise yard work. Oh well, Renn was so happy I was helping. Yard work is SWEET when it's done.
Our last SWEET thang for the weekend was making cinnamon rolls. We love baked goods and we bake at least once a week for some reason. We love to be skinny too. So we love to run our butts off the rest of the week. I gained 4 lbs. over the weekend. It was worth it. The cinnamon rolls were tasty and the batch only made enough to share a few with Grammie and Papa. Next time I will triple it and share with everyone!!!!
Alex was in Logan at a Dance Competition all weekend. We were sad that we couldn't
be there, but who was going to do Abby and Adri's hair and make-up. Certainly not Renn.
Alex has already had a few and is having another one soon. She didn't feel bad.
She got to hang with Allie and Grandma Heidi. What more could she ask for. I am
waiting for pics, so her post will come later.
Congrats to all my SWEET girls for doing awesome and working hard. We love watching you and paying for it too. LOL!!!!!

5 comments:

tawny said...

Yes! Abby and Adri's turn. Love sweet thangs. They look so pretty in all their dance costumes and makeup! Your weekends are crazy too but you make them so fun. All the time and money worth it when kids are happy...

love your Easter outfit and love your cinnamon rolls even more! how do you do it all???? :)

Robison's said...

Your girls are beautiful!!I wish I could wathc them dance someday.. Tell those girlies great job!!
Feels so nice to get yard work done.. I am with ya on that! Glad it turned into a fam night. That's how most of our summer nights are. Cinnimon Rolls? YUM! Those look DeLiSh!!

Lindsay said...

I must be hungry, because those rolls and the Mexican food look sooooo good right now! Your girls look so cute at dance! I love your little ruffle cardigan. I almost bought one in black but I didn't. But you make it look so cute I think I want to go back and get it.

Kevin and Jeni said...

Your girls are so cute in all their dance stuff! Competitions sure make for crazy Saturdays though.

I love how you guys get every second out of every weekend! It's fun to see all the fun things you do :)

Robyn said...

My favorite sweet thing is that you guys love to bake because you totally saved my behind when you baked for me.
Speaking of....
I still have two oreo's in the freezer I forgot about! YAY!
Thanks again for Dawn's shower and I really will bring your plate back.:)
Your girls are darling! And so are you.