Monday, April 12, 2010

PARTIES LIKE CRAZY!!!!!

My hubby is in his forties now. 41!!! What an old man. He still acts so young and can keep up with the 20 year olds for sure. Thursday morning, we put a roast on, packed up and went skiing. Renn's parents called while we were going out the door. Yay!!! Just in time. They are in Africa on a mission. They are such examples to us of service, love, hard work, and what the gospel is all about. They were building a home for a widow in their branch made out of coconut trees and mud. They are having many baptisms every month. They thought they were working in the mission office. Nothing like that at all. Amazing experiences and memories for sure. Renn got an ice cream maker, kites, and lots of clothes. He is always in need of clothes. Adri and Kaden love to help open them.


Skiing was beautiful. Warm and sunny. The kids did not have the best attitude before lunch. We decided to feed them and try again. We had brown bag lunch and free ski lift tickets. Made Renn's birthday even better. I made smores for his cake and we ate them up skiing. All the kids love trees and little jumps. We looked for them all day. The afternoon was better until......
Abby crashed. She twisted her knee in some of the afternoon spring snow. Not a good combination. She was crying and wouldn't walk on it. Renn carried her down the last hill in his arms while skiing. MY HERO. I carried her skiis and poles. At the bottom, the Solitude ski people called in a snowmobile rescue unit. Abby was taken to first aid and checked out. She was scared to be alone on the snowmobile. She said the ride was scary too. Look how deep the snow is on the sides of our car. Adri was consoling Abby in one picture. So cute. The kids and I went on a couple more runs while Renn and Abby were in the first aid clinic. She pulled something and was told to stay off from it for a couple of days. No dance or tumbling. Nice break. She is better now and it was a fun memory. Our afternoon was getting good and the kids were in better spirits until this happened at 2 p.m. Hope you still had fun on your bday Renn. Next year Renn and I will take the kids to school and go by ourselves. We've smartened up!!! We relaxed and had a mashed potatoe and roast dinner, watched Survivor and enjoyed the night. Happy Bday Old Man. We love you.
Our bdays are a day apart. We have major partying for a couple of days. I'm only 34. Still young huh. Well that's what I tell myself. I feel young still. Renn and I woke up at 445 a.m. and went to my hard leg class at the gym. I knew I needed it because I was going on a feeding frenzy for the weekend. I love that class and burned lots of calories. We came home, opened presents and took the kids to school. I got new running shoes and some clothes. My favorites. My mom and Alli took me to lunch at Zuppas. MIRACLE!!!!! It's so nice being with my sis and mom. I think my mom really enjoys it too. It doesn't happen often enough. Baby Kate came with and I love that little chunky dark baby. She is yummy. Alli and I spent the afternoon together running errands and hanging with all the kiddos at my house. It was the last time seeing the Bass family. Sad. Life does go on and things have to get back to normal, but we love having them here.
Rennie came home and took me on a hot date. We went to Market Street and had halibut, artichoke dip, ice cream, clam chowder and lots of bread. We even got to spy on my old boyfriend from highschool. He's a lot thicker than he use to be. I married a skinny guy for sure.
I am one spoiled lady. I have so many good friends and family that made my day special. Emails, texts, facebook wishes, phone calls all made my day spectacular. Treats from friends like brownies, carameled apples and one big bag of yummy treats from Nancy. She made my night. She brought over clam chowder, bread and chocolate decadence from Market Street. So thoughtful and sweet of her. She then gave me a workout magazine to read while eating all that fattening food. How does everyone know the way to my heart is through my stomach.
On Saturday we kept partying. My parents took Renn and I to Fiddler on the Roof for our birthdays. It was a fun play. Life is never how you want it, but you keep on pushing forward. That was the message I got from the play. I grew up watching plays and being in plays. My dad worked at Pioneer Theater and Promise Valley. He graduated in acting. He could still do it if he had the time. Plays are like music to my ears. I love a good show. Renn is done at intermission, but he sticks with it.
We came home and took the kids to Leatherbys. They needed a party with us too. We have never been there as a family and it was awesome. We only ordered two sundaes and fries. It was enough for all of us. Fun times and good memories. We love birthdays around here and love parties too. Happy days.
All weekend the kids enjoyed kite flying. I use to fly kites when I was a kid. We would go to the general store, buy a kite, penny candy and fly all summer long in our circle with friends and siblings. I love those memories. We went to the park a couple of times with Rennie's new kites. We had to teach the kids how to fly kites. I'm a PRO of course. There is something about flying a kite.
All last week, we would go to school and then play with the cousins for awhile. It's crazy with school and dance, and then the Bass family visiting others too, but we fit it all in. Bubbles, bracelets, dinners at Grammies, parks, uno, fights and love too. It's always fabulous when they come and it's sad to see them go. We love you guys and will see you in three months for Adri's baptism.
Now on to life. DANCE, DANCE, DANCE, and more dance. It's that time of year. Competitions, recitals, rehearsals, tryouts, dance pictures. Every weekend is packed until the first of June. Who ever thinks sports is busier, come live in my shoes with three girls.
FABULOUS BIRTHDAY/BASS WEEK. Thanks to all of our family and friends. We love you!!

5 comments:

tawny said...

Oh wow girl your post was awesome!
So much love for you and Rennie on your birthdays! Dinners, plays, treats, presents, skiing, sister/mama lunch...YOU are spoiled!! but that also means LOVED too! Love your pics and glad you had such a good time with your sissy! The best. Love ya girl! xo

tawny said...

Oh wait, AND SO glad Abby is okay!!

Kevin and Jeni said...

Birthday weeks are so much fun! Double the fun in your family :) Glad you had such an exciting one.

I agree, Ali's baby is so yummy. I want to kiss those cheeks!!

I'm glad Abby is okay. Skiiig falls can be so scary! She sure made it a trip to remember!

Jana said...

I love all your post! I so wish I could have seen Ali! Her baby does look so yummy! Poor Abby...holy cow...that would have just felt scary! I am so glad you had a happy happy birthday cute cousin! Luvs!

Joby, Julie, Cru and Sage said...

yay! I found your blog on your facebook page and since there is absolutely nothing to do in Roosevelt I need as many entertaining blogs as possible to read. Renns 40? So what is that in boy years...like age 19?