Sunday, January 24, 2010

MEMORABLE MEMORIES!!!!!!
Renn and I went out Friday night on a hot date with our Ridge friends for dinner and a movie. When we came home, the kids were all downstairs dancing to loud music. They didn't hear us, so Renn and I decided to SURPRISE THEM!!!! We turned the house alarm on and thought they would come running upstairs. Renn and I hid. They never came running. We snuck downstairs and they were all locked away in Abby's room. They were dialing frantically my cell phone number. We barged in Abby's room and screamed. They screamed back and were terrified. They were all crying. Abby had a friend over, McKenna, and she was crying too. Kaden was upset, and Adri was freaked out. Abby cried the longest and loudest. Alex cried and laughed. Renn and I laughed so hard, but it was a little sad that we freaked them out so bad. We were just glad that they weren't dialing 911 when we walked in. This will be a memory that they always remember. We all laugh now, and talked about it all weekend.







I've wanted to show my girls SAVANNAH SMILES for a couple of years now. This week I found it at the library and kept it for our Sunday afternoon movie. Next week, I think it will be Karate Kid. We have to find something to do all SUNDAY LONG. We all found our comfy place, ate some snacks and watched the movie. I loved that movie so much as a kid. It was my favorite. I remember cuddling up on our cute brown and orange couches with my green plaid blanket and I would get teary eyed. I did again. It made me emotional just like it used to. Alex said she had a lump in her throat. It's still a great movie and I suggest you show it to your kids. If you have any fun suggestions, let me know.

4 comments:

JW and Alli said...

Reminds me of the time when I scared you and Renn came running down the stairs with his fist drawn back!! You didn't think it was so funny, but I sure did!!! :)

tawny said...

Holy smokes..SO funny! we bought Karate Kid for our long drive to the Beach House and the kids loved it! "Focus Daniel Son!"

Loooove the old videos...they are the best!! Old Yeller, Swiss Family Robinson, (the old) Parent Trap, and for a scary night...Watcher in the Woods! (creepy Disney classic!)

and way to scare the heck out of your kiddos..that would scare ME!!!

Jenn said...

So funny (and rude) - I would not hear the end of that if I did that to my kids, they are all a bunch of scardy cats!!

Old movies I love The original Parent Trap and also Back to the Future (Michael J Fox - so dreamy)

Lindsay said...

That's a good idea (about the movie, not freaking your kids out)! I love that show. Hallie loves the remake of Parent Trap, because one of the twins is named Hallie. I want to show her the original though, cuz I loved that one.

Don't torture your kids like that! With your luck, one of them will calls the cops, or break a leg or something like that.