BECOMING CONVERTED TO A HAPPY MARRIAGE
AND
ALL DUCKS ARE DIFFERENT!!!!!
AND
ALL DUCKS ARE DIFFERENT!!!!!
You might ask what these two pictures and statements have in common.
They were the topics of Renn and my talks today in church. It was a fun,
entertaining, spiritual and nerve racking day!
Yesterday my talk was on Becoming Converted and I related it to a Healthy Lifestyle. I was afraid people wouldn't believe me on my struggles seeing a little skinny girl up there talking, so I changed it last night at 10 p.m. to Becoming Converted to a Happy Marriage. It turned out much better, was more relatable to others and I could make more funnies.
I opened up by telling them that I love people watching and sitting on stage is
very entertaining and I couldn't understand why the bishopric and high
councilor fall asleep every week. I got a good laugh.
I then said my greatest Conversion was and is being married to RENN!!!
A few points: Renn was set in his ways when I met him because he was a menace to society!!!
-My family bought wax paper and his family used the plastic from cereal boxes.
-Renn would go grocery shopping with me and I would often end up in tears.
-He tried to teach me to cook, clean, shop, and where things belonged.
-I also made a sandwich with seven things wrong when we were first married. I can now make one thats delicious to him.
-I slowly changed him into thinking my way was better and we've both converted over 13 years to a Happy Marriage. Marriage is not a Fairytale. You have to work at it.
Likewise, becoming Converted to the Gospel is a process and we have to work on it. We have to have a desire, pray, study and ponder. We then will desire to do GOOD, NOT REBEL, LOVE OTHERS, SERVE OTHERS, and SHARE THE GOSPEL. I told of Renn's parents who have obtained a greater conversion from their missions and they teach the gospel to anyone anytime now. They usually are very quiet, but have changed. I also talked about Renn's friend Troy who will be going through the temple this week for his own endowments and in two weeks he will be sealed in the temple. Troy always said he would never marry a good mormon girl. He has truly BECOME CONVERTED TO THE GOSPEL. We all need to work on this all the time and strive for our greater conversion.
Along with some organization and helpful hints from me, Renn talked about Tolerating Others and All Ducks Are Different. He opened up and said that I just became converted to being happily married to Renn last year. Ha ha. Funny boy. He really was funny. He pointed out lots of people in the audience that have to tolerate their spouses like Scott Liethead, Mindy Brown, Boyd Cook and people were rolling. He also made a point that his glasses are not see through. People have made comments in our ward about that and so he made one back. It was funny!!!
Renn opened the real part of his talk with a story about the Ugly Duckling. He talked about tolerating and loving different cultures, religions and people. He mentioned his mission and tolerating companions and cultures. He also mentioned his parents that have become one with the people and there is no difference. They love them unconditionally. He also mentioned that we need to show Christlike love to those that are excommunicated, pregnant and unwed, hooked on drugs or alcohol and so on. Christ is our example and we need to follow him. He loved everyone. He then ended his talk and tied the Ugly Duckling story back in.
It was an awesome sacrament meeting. Many people commented and said it was REAL, ENTERTAINING and INSPIRING, SPIRITUAL, GOOD JOB, I REALLY MEAN IT, YOU GUYS HAVE A STRONG MARRIAGE, I GUESS WERE ARE NOT FRIENDS ANYMORE, I DIDN"T FALL ASLEEP TODAY and many more. Alex and Abby said they listened and told me the lessons they learned when we got home from church. Abby said she giggled and Alex said she smiled. I like giving talks and lessons. I always learn more than the people learn from me. I do love Rennie boy and have TOLERATED him and
BECOME CONVERTED TO HAVING A HAPPY MARRIAGE!!!!!!


5 comments:
Amen sista!!! Wow what a fabulous meeting. I wished I would of snuck in! Way to make it funny, spiritual, relatable, and personal. Those are simply the best sacrament meetings. I think you and Renn are one of a kind and did a great job on your talks. I loved all your view points, I was shaking my head up and down totally agreeing with you. Marriage is definitely something we work on every day, same with our testimonies...and loving EVERYONE unconditionally. good job Nat and Renn. Now you can relax!! (and have a vanilla DC on me! haha) good job girly!!!
I totally wish Icould have snuck in...What a fun meeting. You guys are so entertaining, I love it. Good topic's and love how you made them relate to everyday life. Can I have a copy? I can use it next time I have to speak? JK! Good job. Love you girl!!
Could you come speak in my sac mtg next week, please? Sounds entertaining.... :)
Great Job!!! I am sure you guys did a fabulous job! You both are the speaknig type. I bet you guys had the whole sacrament entertained.. Loved reading about yours talks.
Cute spin on your topics...kudos on speaking in church and not wanting to throw up. I hate it when we get that call. All your posts are very entertaining! I love reading about what you have to say about your life. I love that you post about homemade forts and case lot sales, isn't that what life is about??
Post a Comment