Wednesday, January 20, 2010

LIFE GOES ON AFTER THE HOLIDAYS!!!!!
Enduring winter, Science Fair, Huts, Movies, Prepare


Alex has been working on her Science Fair project for several weeks now. She had a partner named Madison and they would work together whenever their schedules permitted (mostly weekends). We worked on it Friday and Saturday tons. It's done!!!! I love these projects so much because I get to help (NOT). I went to three stores Monday to find the right color of brown for the paper. Crazy stuff. They did a great job and they tested four different kinds of root beer to see which brand people liked best. It was a toss up, but most of the people liked A & W. How many more do I have in store.
We have tents or huts in our basement. What else are the kids to do with air quality the worst in the nation and it's freezing. Every extra blanket is in the basement to make the tents. Whatever keeps them busy and happy. Adri and Kaden slept in theirs over the weekend. Last night I put Kaden to bed and then this morning I couldn't find him. He snuck downstairs last night while I was watching Biggest Loser and slept in his tent. Alex and I looked for him for 5-10 minutes this morning and I was starting to panic. I thought someone took him, but my alarm was set. I finally heard a yawn and he was in his tent. Stinker!!!

Grammie helped us revisit Christmas on Martin Luther King Day. We all went to Disney's Christmas Carol and ate popcorn. It was a fun afternoon and Grammie was so nice to think of us. We love Grammie and she makes everything so much fun. Bad pictures I know.

In January I always organize drawers, closets and clean up from the holidays. Renn and I love the case lot sales and gettting prepared. With the earthquake in Haiti last week, no better time to be prepared. I feel so bad for the people and I can't get enough of it. I wish there was something I could do besides donate money. I would love to adopt one. Only if I could talk Renn into it. It doesn't come out of my allowance so I love caselots even more. We bought a whole bunch more, but it was downstairs already. Get prepared. We have rice, wheat, oatmeal, germade to last us forever. We really need to work on our water plan!!! Nothing else to do when it's HAPPY WINTER BLUES time.

3 comments:

tawny said...

Girl!!! wow... help me?! you are a professional science fair girl!!! holy smokes, alex poster looks great! really it looks so good. I need help! i have 2 kids to do. we started research but thats it. yikes. we have 3 weeks.

good job. so proud of alex!

p.s love her idea! A&W all the way!

Jana said...

Winter Blues suck.....and we still have not been back to school yet! Love the science fair project! Fun idea! We like MUG at our house...because of the dog on the front! Lol...

Lindsay said...

Winter blues...I get them too. I wish I could've heard your talk in church, sounds like a good topic. Want to go to lunch this week?