Tuesday, May 18, 2010

WILL I EVER HAVE NOTHING TO POST ABOUT????


I have friends that do not want to start a blog because they say there is nothing to blog about. I wish that was my case. I don't believe them anyways. I always have something that needs to be posted. Maybe I'm OCD about including everything in my blog. It's my family journal. I can't leave anything out.


This weekend was fabulous!!! Renn, Adri and Kaden went to Roosevelt. The boys went Turkey hunting and Adri played with her cousins. It was a dream for me. Alex and Abby were busy with friends, bday parties and so on. I had a lot of time to catch up on life and the little things that don't get done around my house. Abby had a sleepover, made crafts, went swimming twice, jumped on the tramp a ton, went out for sundaes, dinners, shopping and a movie. She was a happy girl!!
We went to Geckos and Cafe Rio. We were pigs this weekend. We had snacks in between, sundaes, licorice, chocolate covered cinnamon bears, gummie bears etc. I finally hung Alex's pictures, mended some shirts for Alex, cleaned the bathrooms, vacuumed the whole house and stayed busy. Saturday night we went to Letters to Juliett. A perfect movie out with my girls. Clean and a cute love story. Alex hung out with friends, went to the library, had a late night, and a bday party at gym cats with her dance team. I thought I was going to have them to myself, but friends kept calling. I wasn't hurt. We still got our time and I got my ME time. Best scenario.

Saturday, I cleaned out every cupboard in my kitchen and organized them. I was getting new plates. I have not had new plates since I got married 13 1/2 years ago. I got them for mother's day. In the JCPenney ad, they had them on sale for a serving of 12 in 6 colors. I went to a couple JCP's and they only had white. They told me I had to order them online. Online the price was higher. I told them this was false advertising and they ordered them for the ad price. I got them for $70 and I've been shopping around. This was a good deal. They are a mustard color and look beautiful on my granite table top. The little things that excite women.


Adri had a performance at a Care Center. It's a brand new care center in South Jordan. It was nice and clean and so very crowded. It was hot too. She did a fabulous job. So fun to watch her. She loves it.
Kaden had an international fair at his school. Every student picked a country, decorated their table, made a poster about that country and brought something to sell. The money was used for improvements to the preschool. Kade chose Mexico, since we were there in November, and he sold nachos. There were six other Mexican tables and they sold real Mexican food. We were white trash Mexican I guesss. We ate so much that day. Meat Quesadillas, Mexican Coke, Tres Leche, Tamales, snow cones, squash scones, hot dogs, hicama, mango, chocolate covered oreos, truffles, chicken curry and more. It was such a tasty afternoon. The kids had passports and would have to go around and look at the posters and get their passports stamped.
I checked my girls out of school to help out. I knew they would love this activity and I need help with the selling and buying. They are so cute on the swings together. Sometimes they play so well and other times they fight so well. Kade and I are really going to miss his fabulous preschool. I've never seen or heard of one like it. This is his last week then I have no more preschoolers!!!

This is how the boys have fun in Roosevelt. Gross huh. They shot them on Friday night and it's a good thing because they never saw any the rest of the weekend. Kaden said one had blood coming out of his head and it was awesome. I'm not sure what this small town stuff is all about. They de-feathered the turkeys and prepared them at Jordan's house. They even did it in Heather's house. I don't think she was too happy about this. I know I wouldn't have been. Kade loves going out to Roosevelt and hanging with his boy cousins. Let's face it, Renn does too. They all have a good time together. They cook monkey weiners, hot sausage, hotdogs, shoot clay pigeons, turkeys and play. Adri loved playing with her girl cousins. They all had a sleep over. My kids came home Saturday at midnight. I could tell on Sunday they were exhausted.

I stole this story from Heather's blog. (My bro Jordan's wife) So funny.

"These boys and their clever ideas. The four heads they chopped, they decided to put in a cute bag and put it on the doorstep of another brother who didn't go hunting with them. I actually thought it would be pretty funny, especially to who the guy they were going to give this to. It would be funny. Well, they dropped it off, and Cody and Rae got the present. Let's just say it wasn't as funny as they thought it was going to be. Rae said she brought the bag in and it got a little blood in her house. I felt bad. Although, she should be glad the bodies of those heads weren't all up in her kitchen all night. But her hubby probably wouldn't do that to her. Haha. I just have to laugh at all this. It was gross. It was stinky. It was a mess. But it was a memory. Not one I want to make again though. Jordan is a one of a kind. That is for sure. He always keeps me on my toes. Life is never dull. I do love you Jordy Boy, even if you lop turkey's heads off and stick their bodies in my kitchen sink."

Next time Heath, come to my house. We will do girls weekend city style!!!! Thanks for hanging in there with the boys. You always seem to get the brunt of it. You are a good sport.


I thought the Rooseveltians were coming home Sunday night. I was mistaken. They were done playing and so they came home. Kade loves to walk home from church with the other boys and sometimes Dad goes along. Cute picture of my clean, missionary lookin boys. They clean up well compared to the other picture of them gutting turkeys.



We had a nice Sunday with a long walk and waffles for dinner. It was a fabulous, nice and relaxing weekend. I felt so accomplished. I wish I had that feeling more often!!!!




I have another post to do about my Grandpa. If you think about it, there is always something going on to post. Renn always reminds me how much my kids will love this blog throughout their lives. I'm so happy that I am catching so many wonderful memories.


P.S. I always have too much to say in the blog and in real life. Hehe


P.S.S. Kaden just said to me, "Mom do you know how to make money." I said,"No," then he said "You have a lemonade stand." He made $8 yesterday. Teach them young.

5 comments:

tawny said...

OMG where do I start?! I think the turkey heads...WOW. I am laughing so hard at the gift sacks with turkey guts. Seriouly. Renn's fam is hilarious. How fun.

New plates, girls weekend, dance performances, lemonade stands, crafts, movies....the MCBRIDES do it ALL!! You are so right about blogs..there is plenty to say! always. GOod job mama! fab post!

See you in 2!! yay for GNO.

Janet said...

It WAS fun to see you and everyone else last night, I don't realize how much I miss it until I get there and one of you crazy girls say something hillarious, and just catching up with everyone makes me smile the whole ride home. Love your blog and seeing your kids grow up. There IS so much to blog about, almost too much for me, and not enough time. I feel like if I can get one post a month I'm doing good.

Rebekah said...

I keep reading about how much you go out to eat and think..."how can she look that good and go out to eat that much?" Seriously?!?!
It is hard to keep these little ones busy but you are doing a good job! Keep up the good work, Natalie!

Robison's said...

Natalie, holy heavens.. yes, you always have so much to blog about. So fun! OK, yes next time can I please come to your house for the weekend? I so would have rather been out there than my dang kitchen with those gross boys. Next time for sure!! Girls weekend + shopping! YES!! And, I had no idea Adri was out here. She MUST have been with her cousin thee entire time. haha funny.

You must have had such a wonderful weekend. I am jealous of your new plates. I so badly need new ones. Glad you were able to get so much done last weekend, and we are stoked to see you guys this weekend!!

Lindsay said...

You'll always have something to post about. That's life. I bet you're going to keep having more and more to post about too. Turkey heads.....so gross! I would have died. Pretty funny though. Sounds like a great weekend.

I wish I could get my mom to go get a pedicure. Who wouldn't want one? My mom is too self conscious. Werido! I bet your mom will love it. sounds like a fun thing to do when Alli's here. Keep up the good blogging!