Wednesday, May 12, 2010

MOM's DAY-A Celebration of Womanhood

I woke up early and got ready before all the kiddos were up. We have 9 a.m. church. When I was done with my self, there were some presents awaiting me in the family room. I had the best present sitting on the fireplace. It was something with a bow on top. It was Kaden. He was curled up in a ball and had a bow on his back. This was his idea. Such a cute boy. My girls had been shopping during the week and I would drop them off and sit in the car. They gave me a SPIN TOOTH BRUSH and a bag with their handprints and zebra makeup on the back. It was so creative and cute. It's my new church bag. I loved their homemade cards and presents. I can't believe how thoughtful they are becoming. Everyone needs a spin tooth brush. It's my new favorite. Renn had some gift cards for me from the kids also. BUCKLE and MASSAGE ENVY!! Wow was I surprised. They all loved me and hugged me. Love the love.
Church was so nice. We got flowers from the men and yummy m&M cheesecake during Relief Society. The talks and songs from the kids were priceless. It made me reflect on my own mother and women in my life. What would this world be like with out mothers, woman and the special qualities of a woman. Can you imagine living in a man's world. UGH!! I don't eat breakfast on Sunday 9 a.m. church anymore. No time. After church the kids and Renn made me German Pancakes. They made up for it. We went on a walk in the River Bottoms. Everyone had to try out the skate board. I was so afraid of someone getting hurt, but they all survived. Then we went home to make brownies and homemade ice cream for Grammies.

I was so excited to go to Grammie's. I had the best present ever for her. At least Alli and I thought so. First, we ate dinner and all the women got to be first in line. We ate in the dining room and no kids came in. It was spectacular and fun chatting with the girlies. The kids played, rode the Gem Car, Dad and Jordy wrestled, Kaden and Alyssa both had blow outs, Adri fell and scuffed her knees and elbows, held and fed the babies, watched the toddlers play, ate ice cream and brownies, rolls, bbq chicken, fruit, and then opened presents. Can you see my mom laughing while looking at her gift card. It was a certificate to get a pedicure. My mom doesn't know what you do at a pedicure. She has never had one. I came up with the idea and Alli reassured me that it was awesome, but I had to wait until July to do it. Alli wants to be here and get one with my mom and I. It will be a fun day for sure and one for the record books. Anyone else want to come and see a record made???
I love my mom. She is always there for me whenever I'm in a pinch or need someone to vent too. She doesn't judge me and she always makes me feel better. Sometimes I wish she would vent with me, but that never happens. She is an angel and peacemaker. She's put up with a lot from my dad to my brothers. I feel for her. Alli and I are her angels in training. Hehe. I also love and admire my grandma and Rennie's mom. Renn's mom is in Africa and is such an example to our family. Their mission is hard work and we love feeling of her spirit and dedication to the gospel. I also love being a mom. I know I can be a tough mom and I'm still glad that my kids love me. It's such a fun stage of life for our little family and I cherish all the memories we are making. I heard someone say recently about parenthood that there are a lot of crappy moments and then you get a small rewarding moment, then it repeats. I laugh. Some times that's how I feel, but those rewarding and joyful moments make up for all the in between. Love to all the ladies out there. We have a tough job and I love watching you all and following in your examples.

6 comments:

JW and Alli said...

Can't wait for our pedicure, and to giggle at mom getting hers! :) You are a fab mom - thanks for teaching me so much about motherhood. Love ya!

tawny said...

I love YOUR Mother's DAY!! Your girls are the sweetest. THey LOVE you. I love the pic of you and all the GIRLS lined up! SO CUTE!

I just want to say girl that you are a fabulous mama and you are such a good example to me of what a mama should be. You put your family first always. I love that.

I will see you soon... hopefully in the sunshine! WE need it! LOVES

Robyn said...

Nat,
What an awesome post and I love your tribute to your mommy. Love the 'angels in training', I feel like we will be in training forever! Hopefully one day we will get it!
You are a wonderful mom and everyone around you is very lucky.
xoxo

Robison's said...

So glad you had such a wonderful Mother's Day. You deserve it girl. You are a wonderful mommy to those adorable kids of yours. Your mom is amazing. She is the closest person I know to being perfect. I see her passing down those qualities to you. You are very lucky to have her as a mother. It was fun seeing you guys on Mother's Day.

Rebekah said...

How fun for you! I'm sure your kids had fun shopping for you...what a neat idea. The best is Kaden with the bow on his back though:)

JW and Alli said...

I thought the pic of pita in the stroller and corbyn tryin' to push her was hilarious! pita looked like,"Are you sure about this???"
She looked nervous!


EMMY