KAUAI AGAIN!!!!!!
(LONG POST SORRY)
One year ago our friends Creed and Cindy invited us to Kauai again. We came with them three years ago and loved it. We did helicopter rides, catamarans, deep sea fishing, scuba diving (Renn) and had an adventurous vacation. This was sure to be the same. Andersons have a time share and we love going with them. Friday morning our bags were packed, kids dispersed, toes painted, hair done, eyebrows waxed, house clean, and we were off. We had a three hour layover in Honolulu. We pulled out the cards and played golf. There were no tables and so the floor would have to do. It made the time go by fast. This is our puddle jumper to Kauai. I dislike these planes very much because you can feel every bounce. We arrived late and were off to get supplies at Costco. We ate dinner there too. It tasted so good in Hawaii. The cheapest dinner the whole vacation for sure.


It was such a nice and relaxing day. We went to Keoki's for dinner. Three years ago Cindy and I loved this little restaurant. This year it was not as good. The Hula Pie was still to die for . It's macadamian nut ice cream on top of an oreo crust with fudge, whip cream and nuts on top. It was slicked down fast.

Yes we did go to church. I love Hawaiian wards. They are so welcoming and loving. The ALOHA Spirit. This is who I found at church. One night we went to Walmart for souvenirs. That's the cheapest place to go on Kauai and we found an old lady feeding all of these cats. It was a sight to see. Renn tried talking to her, but she didn't like that so much. There are so many stray cats in Hawaii. Renn talks to everyone on vacation. He embarrasses me and makes me laugh all at once. He kept Creed and Cindy rolling because he would say whatever to whoever.

Our one and only Luau. That's all we needed. We went to the Hyatt luau which is right next door to our little place. It was shady and breezy and perfect. The food was nice and the company was great. We sat by some gay men and after the show told Creed they were gay and he asked how we could tell. He is so nieve and funny. We cracked jokes the whole vacation at Creed's expense.

My favorite dance to watch is the Maori's or the New Zealand people. They stick their tongues out a lot and look mean. Here is a pretty girl.

Here is the fire dancer for Kaden. Cindy and I had to get a photo with the polynesian men. I love them. Maybe it's their tan little bodies. That night we played cards (SEVEN) and I believe I won. Thanks. We laughed and made jokes and had a pretty intense competition going on. Words like Duck Sucker and other profanities were used. All in good fun.

Further up the canyon we could look out the Na Pali coast. It was pretty and green there. It was a beautiful drive and amazing.

We stopped at Jo Jos on our way home. It's our favorite shaved ice shack. I couldn't even touch the ground with my feet. Shaved ice is not the same as it use to be. For awhile now you can get macadamian nut ice cream on the bottom with the shaved ice stuff on top. That is the way to go. So yummy. I love these little surf towns and shops. I feel right at home.

Our big day. We went ziplinning for one of our adventures. Look at our cute outfits. I didn't like looking at the guys and I kept adjusting Renn's stuff. When we loaded up the two guides names were Dida and Aram. Renn immediately nick named them Double D and Herum. The whole van was laughing. He is such a comedian on vacation.

We had to go through a couple easier zips and they were called kindergarten on up. We finally graduated to college. Wow!!! That was crazy. It was so green and beautiful where we were zip linning. Kind of like a jungle.

Here Renn and I are hanging upside down.

Upside down again. Renn is going over a bridge and it was pretty high up. I didn't like it too much. It was scarier than the zip linning.

Before we graduated to college, Creed stopped for a potty brake. Creed had to stop for a lot of potty brakes the whole vacation. Renn thought he was so funny and so he went and shook the potty while Creed was using it. Then our van drove right up to the door of the potty and started honking. It was so funny. We were crying and laughing so hard. We were with a group of fun people. Poor Creed. He called Renn a choice name that I will not publish. He is our High Councilman. I don't want to ruin his reputation.

Saturday was the Ute game and we are with major Ute fans. They stayed in the room and watched the game while Renn and I relaxed by the pool and laid out. We also took a walk along the beach. There is a path right outside our room. It was beautiful. They lost and so did BYU. Later we went to the blow hole and shopped.
It was such a nice and relaxing day. We went to Keoki's for dinner. Three years ago Cindy and I loved this little restaurant. This year it was not as good. The Hula Pie was still to die for . It's macadamian nut ice cream on top of an oreo crust with fudge, whip cream and nuts on top. It was slicked down fast.
Yes we did go to church. I love Hawaiian wards. They are so welcoming and loving. The ALOHA Spirit. This is who I found at church. One night we went to Walmart for souvenirs. That's the cheapest place to go on Kauai and we found an old lady feeding all of these cats. It was a sight to see. Renn tried talking to her, but she didn't like that so much. There are so many stray cats in Hawaii. Renn talks to everyone on vacation. He embarrasses me and makes me laugh all at once. He kept Creed and Cindy rolling because he would say whatever to whoever.
Our one and only Luau. That's all we needed. We went to the Hyatt luau which is right next door to our little place. It was shady and breezy and perfect. The food was nice and the company was great. We sat by some gay men and after the show told Creed they were gay and he asked how we could tell. He is so nieve and funny. We cracked jokes the whole vacation at Creed's expense.
My favorite dance to watch is the Maori's or the New Zealand people. They stick their tongues out a lot and look mean. Here is a pretty girl.
Here is the fire dancer for Kaden. Cindy and I had to get a photo with the polynesian men. I love them. Maybe it's their tan little bodies. That night we played cards (SEVEN) and I believe I won. Thanks. We laughed and made jokes and had a pretty intense competition going on. Words like Duck Sucker and other profanities were used. All in good fun.
WAIMEA CANYON. This canyon is dry and looks like Utah. It's crazy because the other side of the island is lush and beautiful. Cindy and Renn got a little car sick. It was crazy curves and crazy drivers. Renn and Cindy got sick a million times last year barfing on the boats. It wouldn't be a vacation without them getting sick.
Further up the canyon we could look out the Na Pali coast. It was pretty and green there. It was a beautiful drive and amazing.
We stopped at Jo Jos on our way home. It's our favorite shaved ice shack. I couldn't even touch the ground with my feet. Shaved ice is not the same as it use to be. For awhile now you can get macadamian nut ice cream on the bottom with the shaved ice stuff on top. That is the way to go. So yummy. I love these little surf towns and shops. I feel right at home.
Our big day. We went ziplinning for one of our adventures. Look at our cute outfits. I didn't like looking at the guys and I kept adjusting Renn's stuff. When we loaded up the two guides names were Dida and Aram. Renn immediately nick named them Double D and Herum. The whole van was laughing. He is such a comedian on vacation.
We had to go through a couple easier zips and they were called kindergarten on up. We finally graduated to college. Wow!!! That was crazy. It was so green and beautiful where we were zip linning. Kind of like a jungle.
Here Renn and I are hanging upside down.
Upside down again. Renn is going over a bridge and it was pretty high up. I didn't like it too much. It was scarier than the zip linning.
Before we graduated to college, Creed stopped for a potty brake. Creed had to stop for a lot of potty brakes the whole vacation. Renn thought he was so funny and so he went and shook the potty while Creed was using it. Then our van drove right up to the door of the potty and started honking. It was so funny. We were crying and laughing so hard. We were with a group of fun people. Poor Creed. He called Renn a choice name that I will not publish. He is our High Councilman. I don't want to ruin his reputation.
Cindy coming in for a landing. The picture on the right is our last zip line. It was 1800 yards long. I think. We got off by climbing down a ladder. I didn't like hanging there in the air. It made me have anxiety. Zip linning is not as thrilling as you would think. Our adrenalin was not pumping, but it was very cool. It was an adventure.

The last stop was the water hole. We zip lined into the water and played around. Renn lost his wedding ring climbling out of the water hole on the ladder. His hand slipped and it slipped right off. I guess he doesn't want to be married anymore. I hope he gets a new one soon, because I will divorce him without a ring. Renn and Creed jumped in and out a ton. Cindy and I did a couple of times, but we enjoyed taking pictures and watching the boys play.

The little waterfall at the water hole. Renn tried and tried to do a back flip, but then he pansied out every time. Fun Day for sure.

We were on the ground that Jurassic park was taped. When we were leaving our guide showed us the sleeping giant. You can see his head on the right, followed by arms folded and down to the toes. Can you see it??? This is our pretty sun rise the morning of our excruciating hike. We were so lucky to be staying right on the ocean and have ocean view from our room. Life can't get any better.

All week I had been contemplating going on this hike. It's the Na Pali Coast hike and I was nervous. I heard mixed reviews and Cindy for sure was not going. It sounded tempting to layout on the beach, but I didn't want to miss out either. My buddy Heidi went on the hike a couple of years back and I gave her a call. She said go for it and I did. It was amazing and a fun day. The views were spectacular. One side was mountain and the other side was ocean view. Renn, Creed and I got up early, packed lunches and drove to the other side of the island. We were doing the 8 mile hike round trip. There is a 24 mile hike, but those people usually camp in for a couple of days. As we were finishing our 2 miles and coming to the SECRET BEACH we were in for a surprise. I could see this naked person dancing and frolicking around the beach. I thought for sure it was a girl. As we were coming down, we talked to some people and they told us it was a he/she. Girl up top and boy down bottom. So sad. This person was certainly disturbed. It for sure made the hike more interesting.

Cave by secret beach. We could not go out in the beach because people die here. The current takes them out and that's it. It was breath taking. We did see this hike and beach by helicopter three years ago, but this was even better.

Renn had his hat sideways trying not to see the naked person laying flat on their back close by. What a story. These bamboo trees were huge and names were carved into them.

We got a sneak peek of the waterfall. Who knew what was in store for us. As we arrived, Renn jumped right in. He said the water was as cold as Deer Creek in the spring. No way was I jumping in. There was a cool breeze and I was cold as is. Creed was slipping getting in the pool and it was so funny. He was making the funniest faces and I could tell he was freezing. He is kind of high maintenance.
The little waterfall at the water hole. Renn tried and tried to do a back flip, but then he pansied out every time. Fun Day for sure.
We were on the ground that Jurassic park was taped. When we were leaving our guide showed us the sleeping giant. You can see his head on the right, followed by arms folded and down to the toes. Can you see it??? This is our pretty sun rise the morning of our excruciating hike. We were so lucky to be staying right on the ocean and have ocean view from our room. Life can't get any better.
All week I had been contemplating going on this hike. It's the Na Pali Coast hike and I was nervous. I heard mixed reviews and Cindy for sure was not going. It sounded tempting to layout on the beach, but I didn't want to miss out either. My buddy Heidi went on the hike a couple of years back and I gave her a call. She said go for it and I did. It was amazing and a fun day. The views were spectacular. One side was mountain and the other side was ocean view. Renn, Creed and I got up early, packed lunches and drove to the other side of the island. We were doing the 8 mile hike round trip. There is a 24 mile hike, but those people usually camp in for a couple of days. As we were finishing our 2 miles and coming to the SECRET BEACH we were in for a surprise. I could see this naked person dancing and frolicking around the beach. I thought for sure it was a girl. As we were coming down, we talked to some people and they told us it was a he/she. Girl up top and boy down bottom. So sad. This person was certainly disturbed. It for sure made the hike more interesting.
Cave by secret beach. We could not go out in the beach because people die here. The current takes them out and that's it. It was breath taking. We did see this hike and beach by helicopter three years ago, but this was even better.
Renn had his hat sideways trying not to see the naked person laying flat on their back close by. What a story. These bamboo trees were huge and names were carved into them.
We got a sneak peek of the waterfall. Who knew what was in store for us. As we arrived, Renn jumped right in. He said the water was as cold as Deer Creek in the spring. No way was I jumping in. There was a cool breeze and I was cold as is. Creed was slipping getting in the pool and it was so funny. He was making the funniest faces and I could tell he was freezing. He is kind of high maintenance.
Renn was in heaven. He loved this hike more than anything. Swimming on his back looking up at the waterfalls was his favorite.

Renn and Creed warmed up to the water and swam through the waterfall and sat on the other side. It was fun watching the boys play again. I was in heaven watching it all and enjoying the scenery.

I think the waterfall was 300 feet high. It was breathtaking. Only to be seen on foot or helicopter. I was so happy I decided to go on this hard hike. It was uphill and rocky a lot of the way. My ankles hurt for three days after. We were all a little sore in places. The hike seemed all right except for the last two miles. I was ready to be done and so were my legs. It was a tough hike but worth the 8 miles. Thanks for encouraging me Renn and Creed. Cindy met us on the other side of the island and we laid out and went to dinner over in Princeville. It was fun to explore all the island.

Back by our hotel there are turtles right off the pathway. We could see them swimming everyday right off shore. One day a Seal decided to lay out on the beach. They roped it off and people left it alone, except for a few pictures. SO cute. We were off to snorkeling today. I might just lay out. I don't like fishies touching me.

We snorkeled down on Poipu beach. We stayed in Poipu and it was 1/2 mile from our condo. We found some more cute shops and birds. Renn is a surfer. Maybe not an ocean surfer, but a lake surfer. He is not too bad either. The surf boards were too cool not to take a picture. There was a little surf shop inside with the coolest clothes and surf wear. I had to buy a hoodie. I love these Hawaiian surf stores. We also had to stop and get our last macadamian nut shaved ice. Heaven.

This was our last night going out to dinner. I love it here. We eat breakfast and lunch from the condo and go out every night. It helps us not get too fat. We ran a couple of days and worked out in the gym two days. Our hike also was a work out, but it's never enough. Renn and I love to eat everything on vacation. Oh well. We will work it off at home. That night we went to Dukes. It sits on the ocean, but when we took the pictrue you couldn't see the ocean behind us. It's there I promise. All the restaurants are open and there are breezes going through. It's so fun to feel like you are eating outside all year round. The picture on the left is the tunnel of trees. A farmer had extra tree many years ago and planted them along side the road. Thus the tunnel of trees. We had to drive through them many times. They are beautiful.

That night we had OPA which is fish. Renn even ate fish that night. He loved it and I loved it. It's a white fish and it's not too fishy. They even served it with fresh flowers garnishing the plate. Oh and let's not leave out the Hula Pie. This restaurant is in Lihue, by the airport, and there were more cute shops all around. I think Cindy had to go into every shop and purchase something from every store. Tight wod Creed let up for the vacation.

We were right on the beach front in this picture. As we were leaving Dukes, there was a bridge with some loud noises. We spotted this toad in the water. He was so loud. I'm sure there was more than one. I have a thing for toads. I always have picked them up since I was a kid. Every morning when we would run, there would be dead toads all over the place. It was such a nice night. We had a peaceful walk along the beach and through some shops. Life in Kauai is a dream. We played cards again that night. Creed is a vicious card player. We had some good times. Creed asked why Bonko was banned by some Stakes back when. I replied that women were fixing up their house and getting new carpet among other reasons. He replied "Do you play Bonko on the carpet." He is so nieve, innocent and funny. Renn really opens their eyes, but yet they still like us.

The day we left, we didn't have to leave until 6 p.m. because we had a red eye flight. We had to fit in whatever else we wanted to do. We were off to Kipu Falls. We went here three years ago and loved it. It's only a quarter mile from the road if that. Renn was first to jump in followed by Creed.

They jumped off the waterfall and the rope a million times.

I jumped three years ago, but was not feeling adventurous today. I was quiet and not to energetic. It was our last day. Cindy jumped and then went on the rope. She didn't even get in three years ago. I sat there and took pictures and video. I finally jumped off the waterfall just once. That was enough for me.

Don't we look funny jumping. Renn looks like a bunny. A lady there was having the hardest time jumping in and Renn took her hand and told her to jump in with him, she did. He has a way with women.

I landed and was fine. We had to climb up a tall, slimmy ladder afterwards.

Cindy did not get a good picture her first jump and so she jumped again. She thought about it for awhile. She got a really bad slap when she went off the rope. It was from plugging her nose. She went in side ways. She did it again just for the picture to prove to her girls she did it.

This was our path in and out of Kipu Falls. I hated all the stuff touching me. I made it. Renn was so glad that we went to Kipu Falls again. He was in heaven and played like a kid. There was a young adult there that would climb up into the branches of the tree and then jump. Some people are crazy. He said he touched the bottom.

We still had a couple of hours to relax before cleaning up and heading out. We had to get our final tan in. Thanks for laying out with me Renn. He never complained about it. We ate at the swim bar and got ready for our red eye. We were sad to leave.

Our resort was beautiful. The pool and grounds were amazing. We had to go to a few time shares meetings to get some deals on our play time, but it was no big deal. It was so worth it staying at a resort. There is no other way.
Renn and Creed warmed up to the water and swam through the waterfall and sat on the other side. It was fun watching the boys play again. I was in heaven watching it all and enjoying the scenery.
I think the waterfall was 300 feet high. It was breathtaking. Only to be seen on foot or helicopter. I was so happy I decided to go on this hard hike. It was uphill and rocky a lot of the way. My ankles hurt for three days after. We were all a little sore in places. The hike seemed all right except for the last two miles. I was ready to be done and so were my legs. It was a tough hike but worth the 8 miles. Thanks for encouraging me Renn and Creed. Cindy met us on the other side of the island and we laid out and went to dinner over in Princeville. It was fun to explore all the island.
Back by our hotel there are turtles right off the pathway. We could see them swimming everyday right off shore. One day a Seal decided to lay out on the beach. They roped it off and people left it alone, except for a few pictures. SO cute. We were off to snorkeling today. I might just lay out. I don't like fishies touching me.
We snorkeled down on Poipu beach. We stayed in Poipu and it was 1/2 mile from our condo. We found some more cute shops and birds. Renn is a surfer. Maybe not an ocean surfer, but a lake surfer. He is not too bad either. The surf boards were too cool not to take a picture. There was a little surf shop inside with the coolest clothes and surf wear. I had to buy a hoodie. I love these Hawaiian surf stores. We also had to stop and get our last macadamian nut shaved ice. Heaven.
This was our last night going out to dinner. I love it here. We eat breakfast and lunch from the condo and go out every night. It helps us not get too fat. We ran a couple of days and worked out in the gym two days. Our hike also was a work out, but it's never enough. Renn and I love to eat everything on vacation. Oh well. We will work it off at home. That night we went to Dukes. It sits on the ocean, but when we took the pictrue you couldn't see the ocean behind us. It's there I promise. All the restaurants are open and there are breezes going through. It's so fun to feel like you are eating outside all year round. The picture on the left is the tunnel of trees. A farmer had extra tree many years ago and planted them along side the road. Thus the tunnel of trees. We had to drive through them many times. They are beautiful.
That night we had OPA which is fish. Renn even ate fish that night. He loved it and I loved it. It's a white fish and it's not too fishy. They even served it with fresh flowers garnishing the plate. Oh and let's not leave out the Hula Pie. This restaurant is in Lihue, by the airport, and there were more cute shops all around. I think Cindy had to go into every shop and purchase something from every store. Tight wod Creed let up for the vacation.
We were right on the beach front in this picture. As we were leaving Dukes, there was a bridge with some loud noises. We spotted this toad in the water. He was so loud. I'm sure there was more than one. I have a thing for toads. I always have picked them up since I was a kid. Every morning when we would run, there would be dead toads all over the place. It was such a nice night. We had a peaceful walk along the beach and through some shops. Life in Kauai is a dream. We played cards again that night. Creed is a vicious card player. We had some good times. Creed asked why Bonko was banned by some Stakes back when. I replied that women were fixing up their house and getting new carpet among other reasons. He replied "Do you play Bonko on the carpet." He is so nieve, innocent and funny. Renn really opens their eyes, but yet they still like us.
The day we left, we didn't have to leave until 6 p.m. because we had a red eye flight. We had to fit in whatever else we wanted to do. We were off to Kipu Falls. We went here three years ago and loved it. It's only a quarter mile from the road if that. Renn was first to jump in followed by Creed.
They jumped off the waterfall and the rope a million times.
I jumped three years ago, but was not feeling adventurous today. I was quiet and not to energetic. It was our last day. Cindy jumped and then went on the rope. She didn't even get in three years ago. I sat there and took pictures and video. I finally jumped off the waterfall just once. That was enough for me.
Don't we look funny jumping. Renn looks like a bunny. A lady there was having the hardest time jumping in and Renn took her hand and told her to jump in with him, she did. He has a way with women.
I landed and was fine. We had to climb up a tall, slimmy ladder afterwards.
Cindy did not get a good picture her first jump and so she jumped again. She thought about it for awhile. She got a really bad slap when she went off the rope. It was from plugging her nose. She went in side ways. She did it again just for the picture to prove to her girls she did it.
This was our path in and out of Kipu Falls. I hated all the stuff touching me. I made it. Renn was so glad that we went to Kipu Falls again. He was in heaven and played like a kid. There was a young adult there that would climb up into the branches of the tree and then jump. Some people are crazy. He said he touched the bottom.
We still had a couple of hours to relax before cleaning up and heading out. We had to get our final tan in. Thanks for laying out with me Renn. He never complained about it. We ate at the swim bar and got ready for our red eye. We were sad to leave.
Our resort was beautiful. The pool and grounds were amazing. We had to go to a few time shares meetings to get some deals on our play time, but it was no big deal. It was so worth it staying at a resort. There is no other way.
------
THANKS CREED AND CINDY FOR ANOTHER AWESOME KAUAI VACATION. We laughed, played, relaxed, ate, exercised, loved, drove, slept and made memories for years.
------
------
Thanks Rennie for taking me. It's so nice getting away from kids and life and being with each other again. It keeps our marriage going and reminds us why we are married. We had tons of alone time even though we were with friends. It was about couples and making memories forever.
8 comments:
DO YOU PLAY BONKO ON THE CARPET!!! That's the funniest thing I've ever heard. Your trip sounds awesome! I LOVE Hawaii. Why don't you tell the truth and talk about how you went skinny dipping with the he/she? :) Glad you had fun!
Hi!
I love your green dress.. so cute on you!
and you were right that he/she was sooo scary! What was it doing in the ocean water??...so creepy! (Seriously that story cracked me up tonight.)
I loooooooooved your hike up the mountain. 8 miles of beautiful views! That is the best ever. I would of hiked a million miles just to get to that waterfall place. Oh you are so lucky you get to travel so much!!!!!
I loved all your Hawaii pics, I will just live through you b/c we only go to the Miami and Mexico not Aloha.
Great trip, you guys did soooo much, I would L O V E a zipline! How fun is that...oh the life of a mcbride. rough! j/k Glad you had fun and thanks for all the laughs tonight! Go running tomorrow with me in the rain :)
Nat - your post wasn't too long at all, it was fun reading about all your week-long adventure. It makes me want to go back to Hawaii too, it's so peaceful and laid-back there...
It sounds like you guys had a great time w/the Andersons and that you and Renn did some good couple-bonding. Kid-free trips are the BEST!
It sounds like Renn had everyone laughing the whole time too, it would be fun to travel w/you guys one day...Mediterranean anyone?
It was fun at dinner tonight, your stories are hilarious (seriously, who sees a he/she anywhere, let along on vacation?)
Ahhhhh, Hawaii. So jealous. It would be so nice to get back there again. Glad you went on the hike, you tough girl! Glad you got home safe!
Wow! That was quite the trip huh! Looks like it was a ton of fun for sure! I am jealous though. I have always wanted to go ziplinning through the jungle. So fun! Not sure I would have wanted to see the he/she though. ;) The views were amazing and you got some great pics to remember this vaca with. Fun fun!
I'm. SO. Jealous.
I have always wanted to go to a nude beach!
Just Kidding - totally jealous of the best state in the world!
Your pictures are beautiful. Mostly because of you and a little because of Hawaii.:)
Hawaii, so fun, so educational!! New words like Duck Sucker, and new things like he/shes! I should get back there soon!
Glad you guys had so much fun!!
Glad you guys had so much fun... it looks so ideal. Lucky Duck!
Post a Comment