Tuesday, September 1, 2009

DOING IT DIFFERENT


This weekend there were no water plans and so we did things a little different. The kids slept out in the tent Friday night while Renn and I went to the Bingham football game. I think I knew how to set the tent up better than Renn. I'm an EXPERT CAMPER after girls camp. Not.


The Smith's kids all slept over with our kids. They had fun making smores and watching movies out in the tent while we were gone. Sadie and Allie went home around 11 p.m. because there tummies hurt from the expired graham crackers. We ran out of graham crackers at our house, so the kids borrowed some from the Smiths. They were expired and the kids all thought they were going to die. It was so funny. I think the kids were scared and not sick. Zander stayed and played for a bit and then he went home to sleep.

The kids thought this was the best night of their lives. Maybe not the best, but close. We will have to do this more often. I slept on my comfy bed and left my window open. I didn't hear them all night.

Talk about DIFFERENT. Renn wanted to watch a football game. Football season is upon us. Bingham is big time rivals with Alta. They play every year lately in the play offs. They are both awesome. Renn wanted to go to the game with Creed and Cindy and I couldn't have been more excited. I love football. Renn doesn't like to watch college and NFL teams too much, but he loved this game and now wants to go to the Bingham home games. It was a close and exciting game. We won 38 to 35. Renn was so tense and had so much anxiety he needed a chill pill. I thought he was going to fight someone. The coaches kept yelling at the players and it looked so mean. I felt bad for them. By the way, the cheerleaders don't look as hot as they use to. What's up with that. It was a fun night. I'm so happy Renn likes football. I never knew. I had dejavu feelings there because I haven't been to a game since I graduated from Bingham.

I took this picture two seconds too late. Bingham does a polynesian dance, chant right before every game. Most of you know I went to BYU-Hawaii and have a deep love for the polynesians. It's a second home to me. I felt at home and chills up and down as they did this chant. So cool!

Saturday we worked hard in the house. We de-junked the whole basement and kitchen. Wow that felt good. After living in this house for six years, it's time to de-junk. Renn and I love de-junking and we are good at hucking. We are not pack rats. We also cleaned up the yard and my lovely deck. Too bad I'm not having a party on my deck. It's clean!!!! I love Saturdays when you get so much accomplished. There is no better feeling. I have to talk Renn into staying home and I think Saturday turned out great. Kaden and Renn were relaxing on the clean deck after all of our work eating otter pop after otter pop after otter pop. We had a neighborhood BBQ that night and stayed out late with friends. I like DIFFERENT. It's a good thing because I'm married to Renn.

7 comments:

tawny said...

loved your weekend...

Loved that you ripped on the Bingham cheerleaders..

loved that you dejunked your basement..

loved that you camped under the stars with your kids..

loved that you are a hot mama putting up a tent. ( liked Renn's g's too! haha)

loved that the Mcbride's never ever ever sit still. But I feel ya.

loved it! p.s let's play again soooon!

Nancy said...

I was worried about the title of this post...thought the content might be X-rated. Whew! I might have had to report you!

What a fun weekend, it's ironic that we camped out in our yard just a week before, even though you'd never know it since I seem to have forgotten how to blog. I really am going to do it...

The game sounded fun, I can't remember the last time I went to one. I decided that most cheerleaders aren't hot, they can just yell loud and put-out. HA Ha can you tell someone was a little "jelly" in HS?

It's about time you cleaned your deck, it was starting to gross me out since it was SO FILTHY! You guys crack me up...by the way is Renn for hire to come dejunk my house?

tawny said...

wheeew Nancy's is the mean girl now! (Like the movie.)

Don't you love all her new "lingo?" She was so "jelly" in H.S! ha ha

Jenn said...

Good weekend...Morgan went to the game too, awkward for her. Old school vs. new school. I was happy for her that Bingham won and sad for the boys in my ward that are on the Alta team. There is so much emotion involved with football, it's crazy. Even little league. Don't worry about your boy playing, with a mom like you he will for sure and Renn will absolutely LOVE it!!
De-junking is one of our favorite things to do also!! (we really have alot in common) - we had our boys clean out our garage on saturday between football games, they love it because they get to use the power washer and I love it because all of the otterpop stickiness gets washed away!!
See you at lunch today (i think??)

Robyn said...

A tent in the backyard is one of the best memories I have as a child! Too bad the only people who have slept back there so far is Alec's scout troop...twice! In the freezing cold!
You have put the idea in my head and now it's not coming out until I do it! My kids are going to love you.
That Bingham game was crazy! I heard like 10,000 people were there and many of them stood the entire game. High School Football in Utah has gone to a new level! Oh, and the Haka is my favorite too, you should see Lukie do it!
Great Post.

JW and Alli said...

Love highschool football. I can't wait to go to a game here, BUT it doesn't feel like football weather yet. I'll wait til October. Love camping in the backyard too, BUT with all the bugs that would have to wait til October too. Man, I miss Utah weather! :)

Lindsay said...

We went to a high school football game last weekend too, it was so fun! Your campout looks fun. I couldn't do that in my backyard cuz we'd get eaten by tarantulas or rattlesnakes!