FAREWELL G & G MCBRIDE
Two weeks ago the McBrides had the final farewell dinner for G & G McBride who are headed to Nairobi, Kenya on their second mission. They have only been home for one year and they are off again. What an adventure. Renn and I are jealous for sure. As we were driving to Roosevelt, we were driving down the main street of Heber and I was thinking and dreaming to myself that Renn would turn into Granny's and get us all shakes. That was quite the fantasy and then it came true. He made my dream in my head come true. We stopped there when we were engaged and we haven't stopped again. It's either Sunday, Granny's is closed, or it's late and we are in a hurry to get to Roosevelt. My kids were excited too.
Granny's still has the best shakes. I don't know how many times it has been closed in the last 13 years and changed ownership, but it still stays the same. I love the small town feeling there. Renn and I shared a Raspberry cheesecake shake (I go crazy for these days), Alex got a brownie shake, Abby got reeses and Adri and Kaden got twist cones. Thanks for making my dreams come true Rennie. That's not like him to stop and get treats. He must be getting nice in his old age.
We arrived in Roosevelt just in time for some buttermilk pancakes for dinner on G & G McBride's deck. They were yummy. It's an easy Saturday meal to feed an army. Renn and his dad doing the cooking. No wonder where Renn learned to cook. He has an awesome example. Becky's family and Rae's family were there Saturday. The cousins had so much fun playing till dark.
They all got Root Beer floats after dinner. Renn is such a softy for his little nieces. He always holds them and makes them feel better. I don't think he was such a softy for our kids. Funny how that happens.
The kids were playing in this duvet cover and trying to fit inside all at once. Uncle Cody came to the rescue and helped to tear it even more. That night Renn and I put the kids to bed and played cards with Rae, Cody, Becky, and Eric. Cody stunk up the house. He has problems.
Sunday was the big dinner with all the family. Everyone was there. We had Christmas in September. Kaden loves to run around with all of his boy cousins. There are four his age. They were all in costume and who knows where they came from. We went to the park for dinner. That's the only place that will hold everyone. Some of the boys had chin up competitions. They are getting so big. When I came into the family they were toddlers. Crazy.
All of us enjoying each others company. It got windy and cold right before dinner. Most of us had to put on jackets. We didn't take any out to Roosevelt, so thanks to all who let us borrow them.
Most of the McBride grand kids playing. We never get a picture of Renn, his brother, and his dad. The three McBride men.
Abby learned from her dad how to lick the ice cream mixer and she didn't get a drip on her. We all enjoyed chocolate, fruit and strawberry ice cream. We had BBQ chicken, yummy potatoes and salad for dinner. They know how to have a feast. It was sooooo good.
The two missionaires enjoying what might be their last homemade ice cream for awhile. I had to snap a shot of Mom, Rena, lifting the garbage lid with her foot. I do that too, but I've never seen a grandma do it. It was funny.
It was time for Christmas. All of the kis got clothes. Most of them got aeropostale or children's place tops. The kids loved their Christmas gifts. We got some food storage and the scriptures on CD. Who knew we were having Christmas in September. The kids loved it.
Alex and Morgan. They always hug hi and goodbye. They are cute together. Abby and Adri with their shirts.
Renn and I with our presents. We also got a CD of Renn's grandparents life. They are both dead and it was a fun CD to get for Christmas. Kaden and grandma trying out his shirt. I was freezing. Fall is on the way.
G & Gpa went to the MTC on the 21st of September. They are getting out this weekend and might spend a few nights with us before flying out on Monday the 5th. We are so excited for them. What an example they are setting for their posterity. We know they will do fabulous in KENYA. This will be quite the experience for them. We love them and will pray for their safe return. Who knows we might even visit them. Weirder things have happened!!!!!!
3 comments:
I get why you love Roosevelet, it's feels so homey and like the love flows freely :) It would be fun to live there but you would probably miss the "big city" too...plus I would be sad if you moved so don't.
What a fun farewell w/everyone and how thoughtful of G and G to do Christmas in advance. What awesome grandparents!
BTW, those shakes looked awesome, how come you didn't get your own??
I'm looking forward to the Hawaii post and all the bazillion pics you took!
Kenya...that would be a little scary!! I to am waiting for the Hawii post! I hope you put a million pics on her!!
Kenya??? Holy smokes. That is awesome!!!!!!
I admire your G and G! That takes guts. OR I guess it's payback for a tropical mission to beautiful Hawaii!
Love your family traditions, it's sweet you are all so close. Fam is what it is all about in the end. Love it. Oh and you all eat the yummiest food when you are together.
I laughed hard at the garbage pic with G's foot, she is my kind of gal!
See you tomorrow at GNO, too bad CPK doesn't have raspberry cream cheese shakes, it would be fun to watch you snarf one down! xo
Post a Comment