I LOVE GIRLS CAMP!!!!!
I was Girls Camp Director this year. I've done it a couple of times and I love it every time. I love being with the girls. Let's face it. I still act like them. We went to our Bishops Cabin outside of Evanston, Wyoming for Girls Camp this year. We still roughed it in tents, but we had running water and potties. The bishop and his wife stayed up the whole time and fed us the whole time. She fed us snacks the whole time-I made the meals. Judy is a very good hostess. We had food left over because we didn't account for her generosity. We tie dyed shirts before camp and this is what we look like. We did glitter nails, decorated flip flops, floss bracelets, all about me notes, two firesides including a crazy skit, a hike (halfway through we were told to go back to the cabin because a bear was in the area), certification, kazoo game, blind fold game, ugly face game and ate and ate!!! We had 13 girls and 8-10 leaders. The leaders are so much fun and it made light work. Terri, my camp assistant, and I were so worried about the fun factor because we had so much to get done in three days, but there was enough fun for two weeks.To get ready, Terri and I started meeting in March. We had two camp activities before camp. One activity we learned CPR and made "modern day carmel apples." It was a tasty night. The other activity we tie dyed shirts and ate chocolate cinnamon bears. Our theme was "Modern Day Pioneers, Setting an Example for Generations." The girls had gone on trek in June and we played off that. Our colors were zebra, hot pink, black, white, and silver. We were girly and modern for sure, but appreciate the ancestors that went before us and make our life today GREAT!!!! The girls were all examples to me. They included everyone, helped out and there were no Catty Girls. Yay!!!! I love the feeling at girls camp. You can feel the girl's testimonys grow and break through to their core. You are amongst God's creations and there is a very special spirit there. There is no other place like girl's camp. All of that's success.
I came home to this. Special greetings on my driveway in chalk. All the leaders and girls got a kick out of this. Alex was in charge the last three days. Abby helped out tons. Renn would try to be home early, but the kids were on their own. My mom stopped in and took them the McDonalds one day, but that was it. They did awesome. One day they played water games, the next they did crafts. They also had picnics and bike rides. I feel like they got along better with them in charge. I love that I can leave and not arrange sitters. It's an awesome feeling.
More chalk writings. I was so happy to see them and amazed that they totally decorated for me. I guess I'm not so bad after all.
They also decorated my room with streamers, balloons, and special cards. My kids are great. I love them right back. I was so impressed with their success home all alone. Maybe they are not
so bad after all.
Camp is a lot of work and a lot of stress. I still love it. I asked them to keep me in for next year because I would love to be there with ALEX. She will be there next year. I have been preoccupied with camp the last couple months and feel like I haven't enjoyed summer. LET SUMMER BEGIN!!!!! BRING IT ON!!!!!!

4 comments:
First off, I love you and your other leaders pose for the first pic! 'pop' the knee! haha jk.
I bet you were the best and the funnest camp director! I love girls camp too, and seeing this post makes me want to go again. I loved it growing up! It's so good to hear the girls all got along and had great testimonies. You rock! That is so sweet to see your kids grow and do all the 'homecoming for mom' things. They are so good. It seems like we have had a busy and fun summer already, and most of it was with you guys, so I don't know what your talking about just letting the summer begin? ;) I guess it must have been stressful to organize the whole camp so ya, now you can relax and enjoy the rest of summer. Glad you had a great time!
I am sure you were the BEST!! Love girls camp...but would never want your job! Holy cow...tons of work! Congrats on getting threw it!
Wait, I seriously thought you were one of the girls. No fair you look so dang cute and young!
and you did a great job. You totally act like it was a breeze and no problem to organize this
H U G E T A S K!! You are so good at what you do. I bet the girls love you.
Your kids are awesome and so self sufficient. You are very lucky to have such responsible kiddos.
..and funny, I thought it was Renn who decorated the bedroom, waiting for your arrival....haha.
(for reals)
anyway, good job girl! way to go. now off to a real summer.
Nat you're awesome! I bet the girls had a blast with you running the show. I loved girls camp growing up and never missed it (not the case for church). Good job keeping it fun, I knew you'd be fine.
How fun to come home to a decorated house! It's such a nice feeling to know that you were missed!
Post a Comment