Friday, July 3, 2009

BIRTHDAY GIRL!!!!!!and more!!!


Adri is seven years old. I remember the day she was born. I had been on bed rest for 5 weeks for Inner Uteran Growth Retardation. I had been going in for stress tests and Ultra sounds twice a week to see how Adri was growing. The doctor's goal was to make it to 37 weeks. I reached 37 weeks and had another Ultra Sound at LDS Hospital. The specialist called my OB and he told me to come straight to Alta View Hospital to have my baby. I was dialated to a three, but not in labor. I called my mom crying and organizing babysitting for Abby and Alex. Renn was at work and I surprised him too. He met me at the hospital. The specialist told me she was going to be 3 lbs. I was scared to death and feared she might be handicap or have special needs. Renn thought I was going to be in labor forever since I was 3 weeks early. He went back to work while my mom stayed with me. He almost missed it. Four hours later Adri came out with one push breathing on her own. She was a wopping 4 lbs. 5 oz and 16 inches long. Her lungs were developed, but she didn't get tons of nourishment to get big. We stayed two nights in the hospital and she came home with me. She nursed great and everything was fine.
THURSDAY she woke up to presents and balloons.


She opened a back pack, barbie car, umbrella, a shirt, Jon & Kate video, Hanna Montana movie, fake nails and some other goodies. She requested German pancakes for breakfast. The new fav at our house.


Grammie and Papa came over that morning and gave her more Barbie stuff. I hope Adri really plays with all of it. She begged and begged for Barbie stuff. Papa teased and tickled and got everyone hyper before leaving. Thank you Papa for doing that every time you see the kids.


We got ready and left for Sweet Tomatoes. It was the last day of school, Alex stayed home and we had to check Abby out. Adri picked Sweet Tomatoes. Hallie was sleeping over with Alex and Adri invited Allie who was out of town for her b-day party.


Kaden had his tonsils out the day before and was a little onery. He's on meds and doing pretty good. I think we wore him out. Adri wanted to go swimming, but Kaden cannot go. We went to the dollar show and saw Hanna Montana at Adri's request again. Alex, Abby, and Hallie went to a cooler movie. Adri and Allie sang the songs and were so into it. Kaden had a hard time. I tried to hold him and make him feel better, but he needed a bed and a nap. He zonked when we got home. He has done so good. He amazes me.

That night we went out for slurpees. I always seem to have an extra kids or two with us. Adri got this darling watch from Allie and these are her beautiful fake nails.
That night Adri wanted a sleep over so bad. I granted her her last b-day wish. Ashley came over and they played Wii, watched movies and ate popcorn. Alex entertained them. It was a nice calm sleepover. We love you Adri.
Adri was the most pleasant baby and toddler. She was my baby the longest. I really enjoyed her. She smiled and said HI to everyone. She was sick quite often and always smiling. She has an infectious smile and laugh. She is a little crazy at times. As a child she has some difficulties in school and we are working on that. We pray for the best and hope her 7th year brings many fun times and memories.
____________________________________________________________________
WHAT NOW-TONSILS, ADNOIDS, TUBES?

The McBrides are plagued with medical issues. There is always something. Kaden had tubes when he was 7 months old and that fixed the ear infections for a couple of years. Kaden started getting ear infections in March again. I wouldn't even know it until his ear drum popped and stuff started coming out. He then would get a fever and I would feel so bad. I never knew it when he was a baby either except for I had a hunch because he was ONERY. Kade got three ear infections this fall and my pediatrician wanted a second opinion by an ENT. Two weeks ago they said he needed his adnoids and tubes out. I asked if they would take his tonsils out too. They looked and said they were large and so they would. I almost died at 20 yrs getting mine out and I'm paranoid now. Okay, maybe not died, but I had to go back in for IV's and felt like dying. I was so happy they were coming out so young. We checked in at 10 a.m. to the Surgical Center at Alta View. The night before I kept dreaming that Kaden woke up and snuck some food. He couldn't eat and that's all he does when he is awake. I worried about it all night and watched him like a hawk in the morning. I was so happy we made it.


Renn went to work and met us there before surgery. Kade left us at 11 a.m. and we got to see him at 11:45 a.m. The doctor told us he didn't put tubes in, but he had a pile of sand he removed from his ears. In Lake Powell, Brayden and Kaden threw a lot of sand. I'm not surprised. It was funny. We are so happy he didn't need tubes. That means he can swim all he wants. He had very large adnoids and tonsils and they think removing those will solve the ear issues. I hope he is right. Kade was whimpering when we saw him. This part stresses me out and I let Renn take over. I'm always afraid he is going to stop breathing or something. I should be a pro at this by now. After Kaden woke up for reals, I was fine. He wanted to go home and that's all he wanted. He drank, barfed and sucked on slushy there. We went home and Kade slept for 30 minutes and then was hungry. He ate the whole house. He ate mac n cheese, bowls of cereal, chicken nuggets, ice cream, more cereal, lots of juice and yogurts. I was astonished. How could he eat all of this. He would fight me until I gave in. I guess he's tough or it didn't hurt too bad. He went played inside and outside the rest of the day. The next day he was a little onery, but we managed. Today he is still a little onery, but outside playing. He can't jump, ride bikes or play rough. We have to keep reminding him. I recomment tonsils out young. It's a good thing.
____________________________________________________________________
LAST WEEK OF SCHOOL

This week was also the last week of school. Alex is in fifth grade and has been practicing for her 5th grade America program forever. She is sick of singing. It was an awesome program. No better way to celebrate the 4th. It was so patriotic and talked about our country's history, pioneers, indians etc... My mom and I loved it. Alex is such a beautiful young lady. She is growing so fast and is way too cute. We could hear her singing. I have always been able to pick out her voice since she was a toddler. Her teacher said she was the best singer, in singing loud.

Cute Alex!!!! Only one more year till MIDDLE SCHOOL!!!

All of us posing for the picture and even Grammie came. Abby was in class and had seen the program that morning. We got to take her home early.


Alex has had so many projects due in the last two weeks. The projects have been big and required a little mom help. Why do they do this when it's summer. She did a state report on Arizona. She got 100% on the presentation and the tri-fold. Of course she did. She is my daughter and I helped her. Then she had to make her own game. We worked on this game for the last day of school for hours. I helped her cut out game pieces while she came up with the ideas. The girls both had field day and were dripping wet. They had blow up bouncies and water jumps too. We never had that growing up. They played games and had a really fun week.
The last day of school Alex chose to stay home. Abby chose to go to school. She couldn't miss out on any of the fun. We checked her out for Adri's lunch date and that was even hard for Abby. Alex took the game to school for a minute and showed her teacher. He said good job and that was it. Talk about BUSY MOM WORK! I was mad. I guess it was a good learning opportunity even if it didn't matter on her report card. Thank Heavens school is out. We need a BREAK!!!!!!

2 comments:

Nancy said...

Holy long post Batman! My girls had a great time at Adri's fiesta -what a cute party! I'm glad her sleepover wish was granted, that was easy.

Poor Kaden, I'm glad he didn't have anything more major going on, hospital pics w/kids are scary.

Alex's hair looks great in those pics, I swear she's a minute from being a teenager!! I think it's funny she missed her last day, I always thought it was the best!

Great post, you really crammed a lot in there! I've come back to the blogging world, so you'll hear from me more often now.

tawny said...

Okay, Adri is adorable and Alex looks so grown-up! HOly cow your fam is growing up and you have so many cute girls. Cute bday fun and I must say that I like Adri's fake nails. (I loved the Hannah movie! So cute, good music)

Ummm do you realize Alex goes into Young Women in one year?! Wow. That officially makes us old. Well you at least. Not me j/k But seriously I can't believe it.

and lastly, so sad about Kade's surgery. I am so so so happy all went well and no need for tubes, but the pics made me sad!! I hate it when our babies have to go through anything like that. Good job, your a good mama!

Hope you had a good 4th.....! Did you go boating??? Pool--Murray maybe Tues, are you free?