Tuesday, June 9, 2009

FOOD, FAMILY, FUN!!!!!
McBride Family Reunion 2009


Late Friday afternoon we arrived to our camp destination. It took over 3 hours to get there. Renn didn't make a turn and didn't follow directions very well and that added on 30 minutes. We made a scavenger hunt out of it. We arrived and the kids were riding bikes and going over this jump within the hour. There is never a dull moment at the McBride reunions. They all have ADHD like Renn, but it's fun. Uncle Cody, Jordy and Renn all had to show off and jump too. Their faces were so funny.

They had to help some of the kids over the jump or they would have turffed it. There were a couple good spills, but no one cried. My brother, Jordy lives in Roosevelt and he was invited as well. It was the reunion for Renn's immediate family, siblings, parents, and grand kids.


The kids had to play with the fire for awhile after jumping bikes. Then they made suncatcher crafts. They think of everything camping. They all have trailers and are pro campers. We stayed with Jordy in his nice trailer. There were plenty of beds in that big thing. Friday night we had hamburgers, hot dogs, fruit salad, potato salad, tons of homemade icecream and two dutch oven cobblers. We were fat and happy. We put the kids to bed and the adults sat and hung out by the fire. Uncle Cody and Jordy boy are funny! They kept us rolling.

The next morning we woke up tired. Jordy turned the heat on and we cooked all night. I finally told him to turn it off. We still managed to have a productive day. It was my brother Jordy's and Renn's sister Becky's b-days. They had balloons and streamers on their trailers. It started out with homemade buttermilk pancakes, hashbrowns, sausage, hot chocolate, and orange juice. Nothing was left out. The breakfast of champions especially camping. Then it was off to bottle rocket decorating and competition. We had to see who decorated the best and who went the highest. The silver bullet, made by Rae, went the highest. I wonder why. Could it be the name.


Papa and Abby's rocket. It didn't go far, but it was cute. Cody and Jordy were really competitive. Both of theirs didn't go very far.

All the kids with their bottle rockets. Galvin and Kaden competed. Kaden won his round.

Conner and Abby competed and Alex and Morgan competed. I don't remember who won. It was so much fun. The rockets would come at you, go high in the air and disappear. What a fun idea Uncle Cody came up with.

The kids were so excited and loved the activity. Adri and Chesney competed. Above Adri and Alex were sharing a cute sister moment. Alex had her hands on Adri for some time. She started moving when I took the picture. We have to get these photos because they are few and far between.


There were two pinatas filled with all sorts of loot. We did one pinata on Friday night and one on Saturday. All the kids got to hit the pinata on Friday, but on Saturday only the young ones got to hit. Each night they begged to do the pinatas. On Saturday, the pinata was so heavy it only lasted around 6 kids. There were bubbles, pens, makeup, tattoos, candy, chocolate candy, notebooks, necklaces, rings, bracelets and much more. Kade and all the boys put on the tatoos from the pinata. They loved them.

Uncle Cody brought this cool bike and Jordy had to give the boys a ride. They were in heaven. I couldn't watch.


Saturday afternoon we had a water balloon game. Our family was in charge of that game. We filled up a cooler with water balloons Thursday night and they survived. You had to pass water balloons from one neck to the next. It was funniest watching the adults get so close to do this. Then of course it turned into a water fight. They know how to fight. I kept my video camera around my neck in hopes to escape. I faired pretty good. It was mass chaos and funny.

Do you know how to get a picture with everyone looking at you. SCREAM REALLY LOUD. Every time it worked. All the adults that I was crazy, but it worked. They decorated frames with flowers, rocks and things from the camp ground. Aunt Jenn brought the frames.

Saturday afternoon we went 4 wheelin. It was Pipperts, Us and Cook family. I didn't realize we were going to see such a beautiful dam. It was Upper Stillwater Dam. Cody says water does not always come over. It was gushing over Saturday.


Abby and Taylor first got to ride the 4 wheeler. Some of us piled on the rhino. It was a safe place and so I volunteered to drive it. Cody's five year old, Galvin, rode his 4 wheeler with another five year old on back. Can you believe that. Crazy. He is a good driver and has been doing this forever, but crazy. There was a little accident on the mount. What's a trip with the McBrides without an event. Abby decided to ride on back of Galvin for a ways. They were following uncle Cody when he turned and sharp curve and almost turfed. Cody realized Galvin could not make the turn and stopped his machine, ran up the curve and pulled the steering bars around the corner. They did go off into the trees, but at a safer and slower pace. Abby was shook up for awhile and rode with me on the rhino. We all had fun and have stories to tell.


Saturday I was in charge of dinner. We had dutch oven chicken, potatoes, carrots all topped with cheese and bacon. It was tasty. I came back from the ride and they had started. I had to stop them and fix it. It tasted fabulous. Kade and Renn were making more homemade ice cream. Talk about getting fat. We also had b-day carrot cake and brownies. Jordy and Becky had a fun b-day in the mountains.

Heather and I eating. Look at her cute belly. She is having a girl in August. Yay!!!! She is such a trooper. She packed around Corbin that is 15 months old and can't walk yet. She's an awesome mom.

Here we are around the camp fire. We left at 9 p.m. It was a peaceful ride home. All the kids slept, including me. It was the funnest family reunion. Uncle Cody and Aunt Rae did awesome. It was their turn to plan the reunion and they did a fantastic job. We do this every year, except some years have been skipped or cancelled. It's a fun tradition and the cousins love it. The McBrides eat camping better than at home. How nice to have trailers and all the stuff for camping. Thanks for all the fun memories. Till next year!!!

7 comments:

Natalie said...

I am going to try to move the picture at my mom's house. It won't work for me today.

tawny said...

okay wow. fancy meals, kid crafts, games and desserts!?!

Love the family reunion. Seriously you go all out. My fam could never pull of bottle rockets and pretty decorative frames. I am soooo impressed.

Love that you all hang together and make it a priority to do it every year. Your kids will love the memories of it. All the cousins together is the B E S T.

Alex is such a cute big sister to Adri. I love the pic of her helping her...Alex is becoming quite the woman, so grown up it seems. Sad but good all at the same time...

and lastly, a 5 yr old driving another 5 yr old! ME so scared! glad all went well...! fun times

Nancy said...

You guys actually make camping look fun, instead of just cold and kind of boring. We are not campers, but I've always had fun at Oakcrest though.

Talk about going a mile a minute! Wow, nothing was left out and I'm sure the kids had a BLAST! Renn's fam is so creative. You will have to remember some of these ideas for when it's your turn to plan it.

I love Kaden's tat, I don't mind tatts on kids, they always make me smile. Cute kids, and my gosh there was a ton of them! Looks like an awesome weekend...no doubt you eat better camping, all that talk of food made me hungry!!

Nancy said...

BTW, can you just delete the picture and then try to drag it down under your heading after you re-post? You've probably already tried, it sounds like the program is just being difficult.

Jana said...

OK.....you guys always have so much fun! Why do I never get an ivite???? Love Heathers cute belly! What a trooper!

Robison's said...

Great Post! Great Times! We had a lot of fun, thanks for inviting us, again. I will have to steal some pics to put on my blog now, I just will have to find time to do it! :)
Oh, and thanks for putting that fugly pic of me on there. I look so frumpy! Haha!

Lindsay said...

Looks like so much fun, it is making me want to go camping! And fun the Jordan could go! Family reunions and vacations are the best!