skip to main |
skip to sidebar
Our Magical Christmas 2012It all comes down to this.........
We drove back from Roosevelt just in time to get ready and off to Christmas Eve Dinner. We went to Johnny Carinos. Usually Grammie and Papa spend Christmas Eve with us, but this year it was just us. We missed them deeply, but I knew it was only for a year. The girls got fettucini, Kaden ordered pizza, and Renn and I split a meal. It was so yummy and we didn't have to clean up. Love that! We went and saw some Christmas light. The one with all of the blow ups is our neighbor. He does a fabulous blow up job.
We came home opened some p.j.s, presents from Grandparents, and talked about Christ and his life. That's what Christmas is all about and you can't hear it enough. Then, all of the sudden, Alex was sick. She threw up. All the kids were suppose to sleep in her room and play games. They were all so disappointed. They all slept in Abby's room, but it was not the same without Alex. It was quite upsetting for Adri. The kids had a fun night and it was Kaden's first year sleeping downstairs with them.
Christmas looks so nice and clean in this picture only to be destroyed in seconds! Renn was up a little late because he helped our good friends, the Cooks, with a Christmas surprise at their house. We were in bed by 11;30 p.m. and kids were asleep! I couldn't wait till morning. I think I get as excited as I did when I was a kid.
Let the magic begin. The kids can not wake us up until 7 a.m. They abide by that every year. I'm so grateful. Alex got a new phone with web, Abby got a new ipod with camera, Adri got new bed spread and decorations for her room, Kaden got Skylanders. They got a bunch of little things too, but those were the big tickets this year. The best family present was Wifi. Finally Renn and I caved. They can text their cousins and friends on their ipods now. We had happy kids all day!
Our breakfast was divine. Our past tradition is to have all the Robisons over for buttermilk pancakes. David and Dawn were out of town, my mom and dad are on a mission, and there was church at 11 am. Next year for sure. We had chunky cinnamon french toast with buttermilk syrup. It was better than Kneaders. Half of our traditions are all about the food. Great way to start off Christmas.
Renn and I finally got around to opening some presents after breakfast. We wait until the kids force us too. I got a bunch of workout stuff and Renn got clothes. Our stockings are always the fun part. Renn got comedian tickets, DVD and yummy treats. I got pedicure and some yummy treats. One of my favorite gifts this Christmas was to Renn from his mom. It was his old stocking growing up. It had an orange and nuts in it just like the olden days. I love sentimental gifts. We will treasure this stocking forever.
Grey, black, and Christmas white were our colors this year. I love to have a theme. Haha. My girls always ask at Christmas and Easter what our colors are going to be. The boys don't even know or care. I love that church was on a Sunday this year. It's great to feel the spirit so strongly on this special day. I wish every year Christmas was on a Sunday. It brings the Christmas spirit to life. In our ward there was lots of music and awesome talks. Christmas would not be if it wasn't for Christ and his life. No better way to celebrate Christmas than at church and partaking of the sacrament.
Usually to my moms for Christmas dinner. It was just our family this year. Everyone else had plans. We loved being home together and having a special day. I was not sad or lonely like I feared. Renn helped with dinner a ton. We had roast, mashed potatoes, veggies, rolls, and a fabulous dessert, oreo peppermint ice cream dessert topped with homemade fudge. Yum. Kaden loves sparkling cider so much, he got his own bottle. The little things make him happy.
By night time, everyone was tired and calm. I found Renn in bed. I found Adri in her bed along with her new decor all hung up and on her bed. I found Abby, Kaden and Alex playing the Wii. It was a perfect Christmas and I loved being with my little fam!
No comments:
Post a Comment