LOVE WEEKEND 2011

Renn and I did not have the best week leading up to LOVE WEEKEND. All week I was looking forward to the neighborhood Valentine party Friday night. We made up just in time to go. We were a little bit late, but we only missed out on chatting and eating. We made up for it. Natalie Cook and Rebecca Boden threw a Valentine Couples party. There were around 10 couples from our ward there. It was a way fun night. Renn and I won the Know Your Partner Game that night. I guess we are meant to be. They had chocolate fountain and cheese fondue pots. I love my Valentine and glad that we can both put up with each other and our differences.
SATURDAY 1st Dance Competition-OGDEN
The first dance compeitions is a sign that spring is coming!!!! We usually have a busy spring full or competitions, performances, and recitals. Every other weekend is booked from now till July! I look forward to watching my girls and seeing how they have improved over the last year. It's fun to see their new dances and watch them interact with their dance teams. Alex has improved a ton. Her teachers have all commented to me on her improvement. It's Abby's first time back at AED and her teachers love her new confidence and performance on stage. As they get older, they are way fun to watch. It was a long day. The night before they slept in pink curlers. I hate those things and my girls didn't sleep very well. Next time hot rollers morning of. We woke up at 530 a.m., started make up and hair and we were off by 630 a.m. I finished some makeup there. The girls had a ton of fun and danced well. Abby tends to check in with me a lot. Alex doesn't care if I see her all day except when she is hungry! It's fun for me to sit around and talk with all the dance moms that have become my good friends over the years.
My girls started dancing at 830 a.m. and ended at 3:00 p.m., but awards were at 4 p.m. so we stayed. We found a RIO for lunch. That's tradition at all competitions. You would think we were sick of it. Then a whole bunch of us went to Training Table for dinner after the competition. It was an awesome day.
Renn was in Lake Powell at a houseboat meeting with Kaden. Kaden jumped into the 40 degree water in his boxers. He couldn't resist. He didn't do it again. I don't think he realized how cold it would be. Then he helped one of the boat members fish and gut fish. Kaden went to McDonalds twice and was in his element hanging with the guys. Adri had a sleepover at Chloe's house and stayed there all day Saturday. There is no way those two little ones could be at a dance competition all day. I couldn't handle it either.
SUNDAY LOVE DINNER
MONDAY-VALENTINES
I am Kaden's room mom. What a joy. I would rather be a helper, but now I appreciate room mom's so much more. So many mom's do not help with the party days or contribute supplies or money. It's quite the undertaking. I stress and stress to make it perfect until the minute before it happens. Kade loves me being there and I enjoy it once it is underway. We had six centers. One was drop the candy heart from your nose into the jar contest, blow a candy heart with a straw across the table contest, heart scavenger hunt, make your own pizza, valentine flower sucker craft, and Don't Eat the Valentine (Don't Eat Pete). The kids loved the centers and the parents loved it too. I brought everything and assigned parents to the different centers. It was another success and hopefully only one more to go.
Kaden and I get to spend a lot of time together. He is my little buddy. For a few weeks before Valentines, he told me he needed a gift sack and asked me where to hide my Valentines. I told him the top of his closet. I promised him I wouldn't be able to climb up there and look. I didn't. During the morning before school, he brought me his valentine to me. Inside was a pack of watermelon Extra gum. I love to chew all the flavors of Extra gum and all of my kids know that. It helps me not to eat when I want to. I asked him how he bought this for me, if dad took him or what. He said that he went to the store with one of his buddies a few weeks ago and bought it with some money he had in his pocket from his piggy bank. What a cute boy. I had the best present ever that day from my little buddy. He melted my heart.
Renn is usually so thoughtful. I came home Monday night around 830 p.m. Kaden and Renn jumped out and said SURPRISE!! They made me RASPBERRY CHEESECAKE COOKIES. While Renn and Kade were gone on Saturday to Lake Powell for a meeting, he found these in Subway. Renn went to Subway while we were at dance and brought home the dough and cooked them up. They were pretty tasty. He also gave me a Menchies gift card. That's my addiction these days, Menchies and Raspberry cheesecake anything. It was the perfect end to LOVE WEEKEND. I love my boys. I hope Kaden learns from his dad to do special things for his wife one day. He's well on his way with his little pack of gum.
I love any Holiday. It's fun to make them special and memorable. I love my little fam!!
3 comments:
OH wow girl what a cute vday, love, dance post! I loved seeing all your pics and reading your words...I feel like I am with you! U are good at that..
Anyways, you always have the best ideas for Holidays and you do such a great job for your kids to feel special! ( I copied your idea for Dance 2!) kids love it!) Love your fun dinner and candlelight!
OK, GREAT vday party for Kade!! you are a fabulous room mama! It is SO SO much work but Kade will always remember. Fun Love weekend you had...andso funny you and Renn won the game! U do KNOW each other so well :) FUN TIMES in the making!!!! LOVE It...good post!
I love all your posts. You do such a good job of making everything special, and taking pictures of it :) I'm a total failure!!
I can't believe Kade jumped in at Powell! That is too funny.
Glad everything is going well at the McBrides! We miss you all :)
Awww how sweet is Kaden :) Your dinner looks goooood! I didn't know you made things that had fat in them :) What a good mom! I'm so behind on checking blogs. I feel like I can't check people's blogs until I do something productive on mine. Love yours, good job!
Post a Comment