Thursday, March 17, 2011

LIFE IS BUSY!!!!!

When I first started blogging I was really good at keeping caught up. What's happened to me. I still want to capture all of the memories, but I let other things take priority. There are still memories going on and I need to be better. I'm trying!! Here is the last month or so!!!!


Abby had quite the day the end of February. It was a Wednesday. She usually has dance all night, but I picked her up early for MATURATION!! It's a right of passage at our house and we couldn't miss. My second Maturation Program with my girls. We listened for 90 minutes to the cute old lady talking about girls maturing and a little bit about boys maturing. I drove Abby back to dance and she asked a million questions. She is really inquisitive and not very shy about it. I answered all of her questions and laughed to myself. Alex would not ask one thing after her maturation. Kids are so different.

While Abby was at dance that same day, I received an email from her teacher. She said Abby had cheated on a math test that day and she took the test away from her. When I picked Abby up from dance I asked her about her math test. She started bawling immediately and saying "I didn't cheat, I didn't cheat." It was so sad. She asked her neighbor a question, but not an answer or anything cheating. She was devastated that her teacher didn't believe her that she was not cheating. She was so emotional the rest of the night and the next morning before school. I called the girl in her class that she asked the questions too and she shared the same story as Abby. Her mom sent an email. Abby does not tell lies ever. Some of my kids do, but Abby does not. I believed Abby and knew this was so hard on her. She is so sensitive. Abby now will never talk or ask a question in school ever again. It was a tough lesson to learn. I know she wasn't cheating, but she shouldn't have talked. Abby had a hard time going to school the next day facing her teacher. Her teacher had a talk with her outside of the classroom and at lunch time Abby felt much better when I saw her. As a mom, my heart broke for Abby, I cried too. I could feel the devastation, embarrasment, and sadness. I think Abby was so sad being accused of cheating. It's a mean word and in her head she was completely innocent. Love that girl. It was quite a day for Miss Abby.


More dance competitions. Alex and her cute team. They love each other and Justin Bieber like no other!! The end of Feb, they had a dance competition at Thanksgiving Point and then the Company Recital a few days later at Thanksgiving Point.
At the very end of the dance recital, Miss Anne announced a special act not on the program. So funny. Alex's team made up a dance to Justin Bieber's song BABY. What dorks. It was hilarious. These girls truly have the fever!!
My girls have quite the make-up and hairdo this year. I hate it. It takes almost two hours to do both. A big waste of my time. That's what we signed up for I guess. Abby loves her team too. She is the shortest and so I can always pick her out. She is getting more and more comfortable on stage every year. I never get sick of watching them dance and they never get sick of dancing. They have great friends and teachers!!!
I always look for sweet moments with Kade. He can be so rough, tough and all boy. I love the tender moments. He helped me tend little Mason one day. He fed him his bottle, but it only lasted a few moments before he was bored. Cute while it lasted. Kaden has a way with toddlers. He is so cute with them. Then Kade was big into giving MASHAGES!!! He said it so funny. Renn and I laughed every time he asked someone if they wanted a mashage for 25 cents. He made over a dollar because most of us wanted one. He gave my hairy legs a mashage. Brave kid.
Here's a few more pics of the Company Recital. Grammie and Papa came and this is the only recital they will go too this year. They are leaving April 18th on their mission to San Diego, California. Yay!!! We are so excited for them. It's been my dad's dream ever since I can remember. They will be gone for 12 months. Renn's parents are coming home next week from Africa. Busy month with missions. I have loved reading McBride's letters every week. Many times I cry throughout them. What an impact they have made in so many of their lives. The church has grown leaps and bounds because of them. What a great example our parents are of service and love of the gospel.
One day Renn took Kade skiing and I got to spend the day with the girls. I love girl time. I feel more relaxed when Kade and Renn are gone and entertained. We went to Olive Garden for an early dinner. It was so yummy and fun to be with the three girls. I hope they always love being with me. After dinner we were heading to the Flash Game. Alex and Abby were pre game entertainment and half time.
Every year we get to, or have to, go to a Flash game. It's the Flash's way of getting money and people to come watch. It's at UVU and it is fun, but just another night of dance. After Renn and Kade skiied, they met us girls at the Flash game. We had to be there two hours earlier. Adri and Kade played on the blow ups while we watched the game. Renn and Kaden came dressed as homeless people. I thought Renn could dress a boy with no problem. I would usually set out clothes for the girls, but boys not a big deal. Boy I was wrong. Kade did not have his hair done and his clothes did not match. Renn was wearing an old sweater and a hat. I love it when my boys look handsome. They didn't. I gave Renn a lecture and maybe next time they will look better.
After Olive Garden, and game, the girls and I headed to Menchies. Renn and Kade were tired and went home a little early. It was peaceful being at Menchies with just the girls. We love that place and the boys don't. Yum. We are addicted. Frozen yogurt and all the topping you can dream of.

DR. SEUSS 2nd Grade Program
Adri was so excited for the program to arrive. They have been working on it all year plus it was going to be on Fox Morning News. Big Buddah came to tape them and some of the other Dr. Seuss activities. Monte Vista was hot school of the week. Some grades and classes were picked to be on TV. Adri's 2nd grade program was one of them. Adri was so excited she couldn't sleep. We set the DVR and sure enough she was on TV. It was super cute and she was only on for a few seconds. Later on the parents got to see the program. She loves to sing and be on show. She was really cute and knew most of the words and actions. Always smiling! She is doing better. I had to put the funny pic up of her purple underwear showing. She didn't pull down her shirt after the potty I guess. Haha. That's Adri for you.
This week Abby got BRACES!! Everything in her life has revolved around the day she is getting her braces. What will the days revolve around now. Biz Town, Alyssa's bday party at Classic, Activity Days and so on. Finally she has full braces. We will see how long. Alex had them for two years. She picked bright green and pink bands. Her brackets on her back teeth have bugged her pretty bad this week. She took ibuprofen around the clock for the first few days and ate yogurt, soft bread, pudding and soup mainly. Hopefully she feels lots better next week. Her cute orthodontist called two days later to check on her. He's awesome.
This week Abby also had parent teacher. Adri and Kaden had them last month since they are on a different track. Abby is doing awesome. Such a great student that works really hard. Her teacher wants her to ask more questions when she doesn't understand something and wants her to focus on comprehension during reading. I still have a hard time comprehending. I think that happens your whole life. The day before parent teacher, Abby had Biz Town. They go down town and pretend like they have a job for a six hours. Her teacher and Abby told me how busy she was and that she never sat except for lunch that day. Then I was at the book fair and a lady came up to me and asked if I was Abby's mom. She then told me Abby ran around the whole day seriously working and getting things done. Everyone was so impressed with Abby's work ethic. Out of 90 kids, 3 students got a certificate for the best job done, Abby was one of them. Great job Miss Abby.

We are so happy it is pretty much Spring. The dreaded January and February are pretty much over. To pass the time, Renn and I go on lots of HOT DATES, skiing, shopping, decorating, lunches with girlies, homework, tutoring, dance, dance recitals and competitions, basketball for Kade, Survivor, American Idol, BACHELOR and bake lots of good food. GOOD BYE WINTER. We survived as a family. Love my kiddos and their cute faces.

4 comments:

Kevin and Jeni said...

Your girls are so gorgeous! And you are a trooper with all the dance stuff! You should have taken a pic of your homeless boys, that would be fun to see :)

I totally agree with you YAY SPRING!!

Sorry I forgot to reply to your comment on my blog! Kevin is going to go to school full time this summer and graduate in December. He wants to apply to Air Force JAG, but we're also looking at other options too. We don't know what we're going to do for sure yet, it just depends on what jobs are available when he's done.

JW and Alli said...

Tell Kaden I want a "Mashage"! :) Man, what would you do without dance...maybe you'd get bored?! :)
Thanks for the update. And tell Adri she has cute purple panties.

tawny said...

YOu have a total new look to your blog?!?! It's fabulous! Love the font and the color changes!!!

Way to stand up for Abby! How awful for both of you. That teacher had no right to do that... Goodness I am glad "mother bear" came out and helped. Abby's such a good girl.

and can I ask if you will do my makeup?? It's beautiful on the girls! geez, they are gorgeous! Great memories for the girls...and they are so lucky you blogged it all!

Hope you are having a FAB night celebrating GMA and Gpa coming home! I bet you are all so happy. What a fun night...I want a blog post soon :)

can't wait to see u all... I wish for Spring BReak I ventured your way :) next time! loves! xo

Lindsay said...

I agree, it is so hard keeping up with blogging but it's so important to capture all the memories. That's the sweetest story of Abby. Her little sad face breaks my heart. That's got to be hard as the mom too. And Adri's purple undies are hilarious! I sometimes pay my kids for "mashages" too!