Tuesday, October 26, 2010

LOTS OF WITCH TIME LATELY!!!!!


Since I last blogged, the McBride girls have had witch time every week lately. What are the odds of that. Here is a little run down. The night of Priesthood we were invited to an all girls Glitter Toe Party in our ward. Rebecca Boden and her girls had a glitter party with healthy snacks. Lots of people in the ward showed up and we had a ton of fun. Alex, Adri and I went to Olive Garden before and so we just pieced on the healthy snacks. It was fun to socialize with the ward girlies. The girls loved their glitter toes!!!

The next weekend the McBride ladies were out for shopping and eating. I had to send Renn, Adri, and Kaden to Lake Powell so I sent them away and then caught up with the McBride girls for Saturday. They shop till they drop. They exhaust me, but it's fun. I bought some fun things and shopped with them too. We of course had to eat at Olive Garden, per Rae's request every time. It was tasty. Our waiter was so weird and we had fun making fun of him. I went home to sleep because Alex and Abby are still home. We had a whole week of girl time while Renn was in Powell with the little ones.

During the whole week Renn was gone, I was a single parent with two girls. It was great. The day Alex was at dance all night, Abby and I went to Subway and shopping for fall school clothes. It was nice to be one on one with crazy Abby. She got a coat, boots, jeans and some tops. The next day Abby was at dance all night and Alex and I went to Subway and shopping for her. We visited Charlotte Russes and the mall. She got a lot of cute stuff that I can wear too. Alex and Abby were off for fall break Thursday and Friday. On Thursday we went with Grammie to Gardner Village. It was insane for UEA. I was so grateful I didn't have a stroller or little kids. Grammie waited in line forever with Abby to get a spider while Alex, Hallie and I shopped. I love the toilet witch. It's my fav. We got some fudge at Sweet Aftons and we were done. It's so cute and festive at Gardner. It's tradition. Thanks for coming with us Grammie.


We always have to go to Rio when it's just the GIRLS. On Thursday night we went to our first Haunted house together. Alex went to the Haunted Forest last week with a friend, Ellie. Ellie was too scared and stayed in the car while Alex went through with her family. She said it was awesome and scary. We went to the Haunted Corn Maze. This is a good starter haunted house. A group of girls asked if they could go through with us. They were so scared. Alex brought Hallie and Abby brought Kailey. It was fun. We went through the corn maze first and then the haunted maze. We were there two hours. Abby got really scared when the chain saw came out. She cried a little. Such a fun night. I love doing things with my girls. The next night Alex invited her whole dance team and they all went to the haunted corn maze. Love this time of year.

I had a whole day to my self one Saturday. It was my ward's annual WITCHES DAY OUT!!!! We make crafts, eat soup, breadsticks, candy, cupcakes, carmel popcorn, salads, watch an awesome show and visit with everyone. I look forward to this every year. It is entertainment I would pay for. The show is awesome. This year it was a Witch Ugly Contest. They set up for a whole day before. I made the cute necklace above with all of my kids initials. Nat was a cute witch and her hubby was a vampire judge. Good times and lots of laughs. Then to top it off, we went out with four couples from the ward for dinner and a movie. I loved that day all to myself. Kid breakes are needed.

Alex and her friend, Irelynd like to do personal progress together. One of their projects is a modest fashion show. The girls turned it into a Witches Modest Fashion Show. They each invited 10 friends, decorated, sent out invites, dressed up, and helped with food. We had carmel apples, veggies, witch cheese ball, homemade rootbeer with dry ice, oreo cupcakes and lots of candy. We had a strobe light and a fog machine downstairs while the witches showed off their fashions. They played a couple of games and my basement was a mess, but it was fun!!! I hope all of their projects are not like this.

It was the weekend of the deer hunt. The boys go hunting and the girls go shopping and dining. Jenn and her two girls stayed with us for the weekend. We started shopping at 10:30 a.m. until 7 p.m. The McBrides shop till they drop. I think it was hard on the girls at times. We stopped for dunch at Carinos. Jenn and her girls do not get weekends like this very often. This is their second time riding on escalators. It was a fun weekend.

We went to just about every store by the mall. We also took a late night run to Jamba juice. Jenn was so nice to play cards with the girls while I finished up my Relief Society lesson. The cousins had the funnest weekend. They got twinner pj's and Jenn's girls got some school clothes. We love showing the country folk the city. Saturday night we also took them to Grammie Julie's favorite Halloween house. We have been going there for years and it's still there. Jenn and I love to visit and compare hubby stories. They are so similar in everything they do. It's entertaining. Tight wods, clean freaks, abrasive at first, awesome business men, country boys and all.
We don't always get a chance to be with cousins. We love having them every year. I think it will be a new tradition. It's a lot of work, but a lot of fun too. Memories are what it is all about.
I love my girls. I feel ripped off in the sister department(Love ya Alli) and so I love having three of my own to be my partners in girl crime. I'm grateful we snuck in a boy so that Renn could have boy weekends too.
HERE IS TO GIRL TIME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

3 comments:

tawny said...

Yay!!! It's about time! I have missed my Mcbride fix! Where do I start??
I think your family plays and plays and has the best time! I love all the pics and girl time! You are so blessed to have so many wonderful girls in your life!!
Ok, ummmm I do have to say...I LOVE LOVE your hair! You look amazing and beautiful...and different! wow, I love it!!!!
You are a cute mama and do soooo much for your kids! Good job girl!

Happy Halloween crazy week to you!! CAn't wait to visit and see you in PERSON!!! 3 weeks!

tawny said...

p.s Alex is looking like her mama lately :) beautiful!

and

love all your cute Buckly's!!! Someone went a' shoppin! :) oh yeah!

Kevin and Jeni said...

I knew you'd be doing something fun, even though there weren't any new posts! Looks like October's been a blast.

I love your hair... where is that post?!

I love that your girlies are your partners in crime. I'm starting to have more of that with Kaydie and I'm lovin it :)