Tuesday, September 14, 2010

ROBISON ATTACK IN NORTH CAROLINA!!!!

We left for North Carolina on Friday, Sept 3rd. Adri and I were on our own flights. Alex and Abby were with Grammie, Papa, Ashley, Pita, Matthew, and G & G Nelson. We were all suppose to be on the same flights, but somehow there was a mix up. I was just glad Abby and Alex had someone to fly with or else who knows what. We all arrived within 30 minutes of each other. I was nervous to be with Adri all day by myself without any other source of entertainment. We survived and she did great as long as I fed her. We arrived in North Carolina around 5 30 p.m. It was a long day of flying. Thank you Alli for doing it so often. I can't imagine it with 5 kids. I was the lucky one to stay with Alli. The rest of the crew were in a hotel. I also got to drive Alli's honda accord that has a stick. It reminded me of the old days. I don't want a stick though. Too hard to talk on the cell phone and shift!!!

Saturday morning the whole crew was off to see Lexi's ears pierced. Two years ago we were in this very Claire's to watch Emma. Now it was Lexi's turn. She turned eight 10 days before and waited for us to come and watch. She did awesome. She teared up a little bit, but was very brave. Alex had to try on everything in the store. She is truly a DIVA. Alex and Abby both bought rings and G Nelson bought Lexi and Adri earrings for their 8th bdays. Lexi got froggies and Adri got dolphins. Not what I would have picked, but it wasn't my money. I guess we will have to come out and watch Brenna in four years.
Fun times!!!
We worked up an appetitie at the mall. We visited SAMS. Grammie and Papa always go to Sams when they are in Alli's neck of the woods. It's tradition. We all ate pizza and ice cream. Disgusting. Pizza and ice cream in one sitting. No wonder I gained weight. It was a kids heaven. Papa, Alex, Abby and I snuck off to get samples while the food was being ordered. My mom was not too happy that we disappeared and were not there to help save tables. She was mad at my dad when we got back. It's vacation. Relax. It all worked out. My dad went back and got samples after lunch with Matthew. Us Robisons are all about food. My Grandpa Nelson's cane became quite the toy on this trip. Everyone wanted to use it. Lexi and Adri fit the part in the picture above.
After lunch, we took a 30 minute drive to the cutest movie theatre ever. It was well worth the drive. The theatre was old, you might call it antigue, but very clean and well maintained. It only costs $2.50. What a bargain. We had to go up two stair cases to get to the theatre. We watched Despicable Me. The movie was tons better than I thought it would be. My kids and their cousins danced in parts. Alex rocked out like a crazy lady. Good thing we were in back so no one complained. It's so fun to have free entertainment where ever I go. Then we drove back for Taco salad and more ice cream for dinner. Wow do we know how to eat!!
The HAMMOCK. The kids played non stop on the hammock in Alli's back yard. Often times someone would be in tears. Abby got hurt several times and always went back for more. I told them if they wanted to play rough on the hammock, don't come crying to me. It was too much fun not to go back. While the kids played outside, they got several bug bites. I would go outside for five minutes and have five bites. I stayed in most of the time. We scratched our legs and arms for days after we came home from North Carolina. The bug state.
On Sunday, Lexi was baptized. She is such a good girl. So smart, fun, loving, helpful and a happy person. We love our Lexi. Adri and her are about 7 weeks apart. She is so good to Adri. They love to laugh together. We had the baptism at night, G&G Robison sang Teach Me to Walk with my girls and Emma. They did a fab job. The talks were nice and the refreshments were even better. Alli made eclair cake, cookies and another lady brought brownies. What a special day and we loved being apart of it.
Staying in Alli's home, I got more times to visit and the kids had more time to be crazy. The adults played cards and the kids tied tights around their heads and tried to find their way. It was pretty creative and funny to watch. Big Jay gets so competitive playing cards with my G & G Nelson. He won my grandma, but not the game. He was all smiles. It's funny to watch everyone play cards and see their true colors come out.
On Labor Day we went to the beach. It was a two hour drive. Their freeways are weird. All the sudden there will be stop lights. I wish we could just drive without stopping. Driving a stick made that a pain. We danced in the car and had a fab time on the way there. Matthew would dance in his car along with us. I think it was called Cape Point. It use to be a Point where the navy would come in and out of. The light house guided them. Someone always lived at the lighthouse and were included in the armed forces back then. After we rode a ferry, we landed on shore. It was a nice smooth ride. There were board walks to get to the light house and the beach. The views were beautiful everywhere. There were wild horses roaming as we made our way to the island and dolphins on our way back. The dolphins were everywhere. I spotted them and yelled. The captain drove around them for 15 minutes. There were 10-20 of them. It was hard to count.
The ferry ride was so funny. My mom's hair was awesome. Take a look. It was a big hair nest. My grandma had a scarf which saved her doo. Baby Kate loved it. Baby Pita did not love it at all. She cried the whole way over and then was better on the way back. My grandpa was such a trooper. I don't think he knew what he was in for. I don't know if he appreciated it very much. He made it on and off the boat with his trusty cane. He sat in a pavillion by the beach the whole time, but at least he came.
The kids loved the beach. They ran to the water immediately. Adri puked after swallowing too much water, but she went back for more. I love to lay on the beach. The women watched the kids, while the men and kids played hard. They rode boogie boards and catched a few small waves. Alex and Emma buried themselves from the waist down and then had so much sand in their swimsuits for the ride home. Uncle Jay showed the kids how to find sand diggers in the sand. They searched for them for a long time. You can see one in the picture with Jays hands if you look closely down below. Baby Kate took a nice nap. We also ate and snacked the whole time. Cheetos and all.
Sand diggers!!!
SLEEPING!!!! To bed late and up early. At least I got some sleep in little Jay's bedroom. Little Jay was so nice to let me have his room. I slept great every night. The kids slept, but I don't know how much. Someone was always keeping someone awake and then waking them up early in the morning. One night Emma read with a flashlight until 3 a.m. She is a book worm. That would put me right to sleep. Alex and Abby slept through it. One night the little kids slept in one room and the bigger girls slept in another room. Then the rest of the nights, they all slept together. Little Jay, Brenna and all. They had fun sleep overs.
It was Tuesday and time to pack up, do a craft and go home. It seems like the kids always do at least one craft when we are all together. We gave Lexi some sun catchers for her bday and she shared with all the kids. They had a fun pj morning making sun catchers and playing in the hammock.
For lunch on Tuesday, we all went out for Chick Fil A. Well the adults did and the kids got McDonalds drive thru. First off, Adri threw a fit because she wanted a toy at McD's. Then all the little kids decided they wanted a toy too, but Abby, Alex, and Emma did not want gross McD's. Neither did I. So we compromised, or maybe gave in, and spoiled Adri. I did not want a fit for the day. It was better to give in and get on with it. It all worked out and everyone was happy. Alli had a cold for the last few days. She was still an awesome host, but she did not feel well. She stayed home with Kate and got some laundry done. JW and Alli were both awesome. They entertained, fed, paid, cleaned up after us, all the time. It was an awesome little vacation.
I was ready to have a dad help with the parenting again, but I was sad to leave. We love the Bass family and my kids love their cousins. It was a fun trip to be with all the Robisons, but David and Jordy's fams. Everyone got along and we cherish the times that G & G Nelson are with us. They are in their mid to late eighties and who knows how much they will fly. Grandpa said never recently, but he came with anyways. They did great.
Thank you so much Bass family. It really was
an awesome trip. Congrats Lexi girl!!!
We did not have enough flyer miles to fly everyone this time, so Kade and Renn stayed home. They went boating with Natalie Cook and her girls, the Brugemans and had a blast. They also went skeet shooting and hiked to Mary's Lake. Kaden let Renn throw him in five times in the freezing water. He was in his underwear. On Sunday, Renn was invited to two dinners. One at the Brugemans and then dessert at the Browns. They did not have a dull moment the whole time we were gone. Renn partied more with us gone than if we were home. I think he was trying to one up on our trip. Renn loved spending the time with Kade and doing boy stuff. He says he could get use to it. They didn't even miss us. Well, maybe Kade missed his mommy, but that's it.

5 comments:

brandy said...

NATALIE! I just saw your profile picture from Simply the Stotts and I was like "hey, I know her!!". Then I click over and it's a post about Alli? How crazy is that?

You look as beautiful as ever and your family is gorgeous.

Looks like your trip to NC was so much fun. Spending time with family is the BEST.

JW and Alli said...

Cape Lookout! :) I loved the post...you should be my personal photographer - I want ALL of your pics!! THanks for coming, we loved having you!

tawny said...

I am leaving to the Pier for dinner....I want to read this in detail! I will be back to read...off to the sunset...ahh dreamy.

your collages look great :)

tawny said...

Seriously how sweet!!!
YOU all ventured out to Ali!!

Your party never stops..family fun, movies, boat rides, beaches, crafts, tours, food...FUN!!!

love it. You guys jammed packed your days..memories and good times. sweet deal. It is so hard to say good bye...It's almost my time to say goodbye..its SO hard!

miss u!!!!!!!!

Kevin and Jeni said...

The east coast looks like a lot of fun! It's awesome that you were able to go and support family, and have a blast at the same time :)

Alli looks gorgeous, just like she did in HS! Not fair :)

Have fun in Powell, I hope it's another great trip!