Friday, April 10, 2009

Talk about WICKED Birthdays......

In December I tried to order Wicked tickets, but Renn was not loving the economy back then and he put a stop to it. A few weeks ago I saw Renn on KSL.com browsing. There were Wicked tickets for sale. He says that he was not looking at them particularly. I prayed for two weeks that I would get them for my b-day. I dreamed about it. The morning of my b-day Renn and I went to the gym and on the way home told me my plans for the day. I was so excited. A matinee at the Capitol theatre with my boyfriend. Nothing could be better.
I came home and got ready for the day. Renn couldn't make it home for lunch, so the kids and I went to Cafe Rio. I love going to lunch with them. They are getting easier to take out. We talked and ate and ate.

All the girls had to bring their purses. What am I doing to them. Growing up my mom made our b-days so special. Renn could take them or leave them. I could never leave them. I really try to make all my kids and hubby's b-days memorable. I think Renn has learned the same. I am spoiled because of my mother in having fabulous b-days. Thanks mom. Now I expect them every year. Renn does a pretty good job.

Then we came home and unwrapped presents. Kaden is such a big help. Can you see the snowman wrapping paper. Renn is so resourceful.

Renn and I changed andoff we went. Thanks to Alex and Abby for babysitting all afternoon. Grammie did relieve them for an hour while they went to piano lessons. Thanks Grammie.
I loved it. I love musicals and just going out. They sang amazingly. I was in the wrong talent line before I came to earth. The Wicked Witch had the most amazing voice and I could listen to her all day long. I ran into several friends, Tara and her fam, Dani and hubby, and Creed and Cindy. What are the odds. My girls really wanted to go to Wicked. One day I promise I will take you. It was bitter sweet to go, but then to see the look in Alex's eyes made me sad that she wasn't there with me.
As soon as I got home, I was off to BONKO. No better place to be. Someone cooks and cleans for you. Dinner was fabulous and the cake Suzanne made was yummy. I wasn't going to go to Bonko this week because I was going to go out with Renn. When the plans changed and he was spending half the day with me I changed my mind. I came home to a peaceful, clean house with all the kids in bed. No better way to end a birthday. Thanks for the perfect day Rennie!!!!
Renn's b-day is the day before mine. We had already had a major bash for him so this day was mild. He opened presents before work with Kaden helping him. Then off he went. I made him a bananna, peanut butter sandwich for lunch. He is so easy. He came home to a roast for dinner.
Alex gave him an amazing art piece. She had been working on it for a month. It was beautiful and we are going to frame it for the office.
Dad also got some mini cadbury eggs along with some clothes. Renn and I also gave each other ROCKBAND.
That night we went out for ice cream. Renn and I had been eating chocolate cake all week long. No more cake!! I slipped Renn something for the pain of being 40!!!! Can't you tell by the picture.
Alex and Abby were off doing their late night friend thing and so Kaden, Adri, Renn, and I went for shakes. What a crazy couple of weeks. It's like the holidays all over again. Now we are heading for Roosevelt for Easter. I love my family and friends. Thanks for making this a memorable week.

7 comments:

Nancy said...

Yaaaaaaaaay! What a great b-day Nat, I'm so happy for you that Renn made your day and took you to Wicked! What a good hubby and what a fun day. This one is going to be a hard one for Renn to top!

sue said...

Glad you liked your Suzy-Q cake. :) haha I should have asked you your fave. oh well.
Sounds like you had a great b-day.
p.s. The recipe I gave you for the lemonade was WAYYY off. Sorry if you tried to make it that way. ooops.
Correct Recipe:
1 T Lemon Extract
1 T Citric Acid
3 C Sugar
Punch Bowl full of water
Lemon/Lime Slices
Ice

Robyn said...

HAPPY B-DAY!!! Good Job Renn! Sounds like the perfect day. I can't wait to go to your b-day dinner this month! Yummmmm....
You're looking pretty dang fabulous on your birthday! 33 looks good on you.:)
Love you!

Lindsay said...

We forgot to take pictures of your "birthday bunco party" hello!!! Oh well ,I'm glad you came cuz it was fun. I'm jealous that you got to go to Wicked though. I haven't been to Capitol Theatre for a few years. Happy birthday, you're older than me!!

tawny said...

omg I love your shirt...you KEPT it. I am so proud of you. (Buckle hotness and i liked your bangs back!)

What a flippin fun birthday you had! What a surprise you got. I am soooooooo jealous you saw Wicked!!!! I love their songs too. I agree about talent...where is all of mine. NO fair!

Cute you like to lunch with your kids...I feel the same way. Cafe Rio is the best. The pic of all of you is cute.

Fun day...SPOILED as usual! Just kidding you totally deserve it hot momma! xoxo

Jenn said...

FUN day!! You guys were busy those couple of days. Wicked is amazing - we went on Saturday night.

Robison's said...

I'm so gald you had such a fabulous birthday! You deserve it! I'm jealous you went to Wicked! Sounds fun! You have a pretty great life Nat! I love that art piece Alex made! It is beautiful! You will have to tell her I said so! :) Thanks for the fun times out here in Roosevelt!