
COULD THIS GOOD LOOKING MAN BE 40??!!!
WHAT A NIGHT!!! I DID IT!!! I had so many people ask me all week if I was stressed. I wasn't until Friday afternoon. I didn't know if I could pull it off. All the butterflies and anxiety was well worth it. I have been planning this for at least a month now. I had a big party for Alex last weekend and and huge party for Renn last night. He turns 40 on April 8th, but I had to surprise him.

This picture is of the Grandma's eating with the kids (my mom, Heidi R.) They both helped me so much. My mom brought her fruit and Heidi brought the cake. I was going to buy Costco cake but Heidi would not hear of it. She knows Renn only likes homemade-so her mom and her made awesome chocolate and German chocolate cake. Heidi knows us so well and is always willing to help out. I call her Grandma or mom a lot. It was an adult party, but my kids had to watch it all go down and then they left.

Renn is talking to the Labrum boys from Roosevelt. They grew up together and were roommates. They have some funny stories to tell. Lyle told about living with Renn and the rules they had to follow, like doing dishes and keeping things clean. I told him I had to learn the same set of rules when we first got married. People couldn't believe Renn was a rebel when he was growing up and still is at times.

My little brother Jordan took Renn to get some love sacs that he gave us and gas at 5:30. The guests were coming at 6:30 so I had to hurry. Everyone had their assignments. Heather-drinks, Alex and Abby -decoration, Steph-run over the food, Grammie-bring in barbecue, Me-set up. It was a mad rush, but we did it. Everyone parked throughout the neighborhood and walked over. Renn was surprised. He knew I might throw him a party, but he didn't know for sure. We had pork from Good Wood, coleslaw, two chip dips, potato salad, fresh yummy fruit, green salad and baked beans. The food was awesome and I have enough for another party. In this picture it's my dad, Brian and Shy(Moab buddy), and Mark Roberts(Ridge neighbor). Thanks to all who helped with the food.

Steph is such a great neighbor. She is always willing to help me with anything and has fabulous ideas. I would call her all week to ask opinions or bounce off ideas. She does parties a lot more than me and I respect her opinion. Thanks Steph. Everyone loved your dip and baked beans. Jordy, Ken, Steph and Heather. The only two blondes of the night. Thanks Jordy for getting Renn out of the house. You amaze me with your skills.

The Browns are in the back, Corey and Rennette are on the right, and Wes is right up front. The Browns are our Africa/neighbor friends. Jason turned 40 last month. Rennette is Renn's sister from Orem and Wes is Renn's single friend-any takers. He is a looker and so sweet. He lost his daughter last year in a car accident. He needs a wife and family. I didn't get too many pictures. It's hard when you are in charge. Troy, Jill, and Drew were all out from Roosevelt. Creed and Cindy, our Hawaii friends were there also. Dave and Nancy Hansen were also in attendance. We weren't great friends back when we lived together but now we talk a ton and she helps me out. Thanks for the buns and drink containers. My brother Matthew, Ashley, and baby Pita walked in a little late from a vacation in Vegas. Thanks to all for coming. It wouldn't have been a party without everyone there.

I had everyone write down a funny story about Renn. We read them and then Renn had to guess who wrote it. Then we had dessert and gag gifts. I requested no gifts only gags. Renn got a funny cane with a rear view mirror, milk of magnesia, reading glasses, viagra, some favorite candies, hair dye, hemrhoid ointment, a stomach machine, and some unmentionables. It's always a crazy night when people bring the unmentionables. The memories and gags made it a night to remember.
I love this man even if he is OLD!! I can't believe I'm married to a 40 year old. There is never a dull moment and he is not boring. He keeps me laughing and we have a good time together. I'm thankful for the wonderful father, friend, and husband that he is. My dad always threw huge parties for my mom. I'm talking limos, coffins, rented out places, extravagant food and my mom would cry!! I have it in my blood. I love birthdays. I knew I couldn't spend the kind of money my dad did because it would have ruined Renn's b-day, but this was perfect and he got to see the friends and family that we love so much. A couple of his siblings and parents couldn't make it because of illness. We missed them. We hope you all get better. Thank you all for a memorable night. If you weren't there-you missed out.
3 comments:
Wow! I was thinking about you last night and how the party went!!! You are so awesome and I am so proud that you could pull something off like that. 40 peeps!THat is crazy but so fun!
Looks like you had such a great time...friends, family...lots of people that love you guys! good job and happy birthday Renn.
Happy birt-day Renn! Sorry I missed out, sounds like it turned out awesome! And you went to a lot of work!!! Please call me, I keep calling you dirt bag! Let's go to lunch for you birthday this week.
Happy Birthday Renn! I'm telling you, I think 40 year old's should SMILE!!!!
Nat - good job...AGAIN! You need a vacation after those parties. I remember when Renn was 30 and I thought how crazy it was that he was so much older!
We need to see pics of the party he's giving you now!!!!
Post a Comment