ATTACK OF THE BASS FAMILY!!!!!
Robison togetherness
This is a really long post and overdue. I've been waiting for everyone's pictures.
An amazing moment in Alli and my life. Alli sent me a b-day card inviting me to lunch for my b-day when she gets here. She was going to invite MOM. Mom doesn't do women things. She does kid things really well. We have never been to lunch the three of us without kids. The day before Alli came I asked my mom if she was coming. She said NO. I was saddened by the news. I told Alli that was rude. The day of, Big Jay twisted her arm and said she had to go to lunch. Thanks J. W. It was the best lunch ever. We sat and talked for 1 1/2 hours. My mom didn't get up and run as soon as she was done eating. Thanks Alli. That was truly the best b-day gift ever. I hope we do this lots more.

Then two days later I got to go to lunch with all of my siblings to Braza Grill. We had a couple of kids and spouses, but we were all there. It was good food and fun. My brothers all make me laugh.

That night Alli, J.W., Renn, Me, Jordy, and Heather got to play cards at G&G Nelsons. Grandma had snacks and root beer floats for all. This is my first time at her house playing cards. Grandma and Grandpa cheat a little here and there, but we forgave them. We played couples and then the losers played each other. The girls and boys ended up playing each other the last round. We had so many good times and laughs. We've always played cards at the Robison house, but this was fun with no kids. I hope this is a new tradition for me and Renn.


We had a pizza party the first night they got into town. The kids played hard and ate hard. This is the first time in Grandma's new house. She moved in two weeks before this party. The kids explored and had fun.
Ashley reading to Pita and Brenna. Matthew and Ashley came over for the pizza party. My kids are still in school, dance, soccer, and piano. We tried to see the Bass family every chance we could get.
Aunt Ashley is amazing. She made pirate hats and swords out of newspaper for Jay and Kaden. They were a hit. Jay put one of Kaden's patches on to match him.
Kaden the pirate.
Now Classic Skating. On Friday we were going to the zoo, but it was just too cold and looked rainy. We all decided to go indoors. This was mainly for Brayden's 3rd b-day. We all had fun. All the grandkids were there except Pita and Chelsea. They skated, bounced, jungle gym, and played lots of games.
I texted Renn and asked him to come over. He surprised me and showed up. I never thought he would. This isn't his type of entertainment after a day at work. Kaden loved playing games with him. It was nice to have an extra set of eyes because it was a mad house.
The giggling sisters. These two are quite the pair always giggling, smiling and falling on their behinds. I laughed so hard watching them. I was in tears.
Off to the rides. Kaden, Lexi, Adri, and b-day boy Brayden.
Kaden was in a world of his own on the helicopter.
Group shot.
Easter again. We had Easter the Sunday after Easter again. Aunt Sandy and Uncle Bobby came over to help. The kids had an easter egg hunt and went to see Grammy's new play ground.
Ready, set, smile. Then ready, set, go get the eggs. Jordy had to go back to Roosevelt so we missed him.
The night before Alli was leaving we took the kids to the park. This is the only picture we took. It shows the green grass, popcorn on the trees and snow in the mountains. Only in Utah. We didn't get a very good shot, but Alli and I liked it.
Alex and Abby could not go to the park so I snuck them out of dance and treated them all to hamburgers and ice cream at Artic Circle. Alex was crying the night before saying good bye to her cousins so I surprised her one last time. The girls love being together. They had sleepovers and just hung out as much as possible.
Then two days later I got to go to lunch with all of my siblings to Braza Grill. We had a couple of kids and spouses, but we were all there. It was good food and fun. My brothers all make me laugh.
That night Alli, J.W., Renn, Me, Jordy, and Heather got to play cards at G&G Nelsons. Grandma had snacks and root beer floats for all. This is my first time at her house playing cards. Grandma and Grandpa cheat a little here and there, but we forgave them. We played couples and then the losers played each other. The girls and boys ended up playing each other the last round. We had so many good times and laughs. We've always played cards at the Robison house, but this was fun with no kids. I hope this is a new tradition for me and Renn.
We wished they lived closer, but we cherish these times more than anything. I don't see my family or bug them all too often. I feel like everyone is so busy. We love weeks like this when the Bass family is in town and everyone puts their business aside. Thanks for coming Bass family. We got to see you and everyone else. It was a week to remember.!!!!!
6 comments:
First of all, I LOVE that you play cards with your gma and gpa. Such SWEET memories and I love that they cheat. ha ha (we love cards in my fam too!)
Secondly, YAY for lunch with your mom and Ali!! Love the sister mom days! Looks like yummy mexican food. K, you all look alike and have similar features...hot girls!
Lastly, your extended fam looks like so much fun..Ummm can you say that Adri and Lexi look like TWINS! Holy moly I thought they were! What a fun week and fam!!
I nominate you the official picture taker person!!! You did awesome. I'm such a slacker. That was a FUN post to read. We'll have more fun this summer! :) Thanks for taking the time to play with us. And we will have to get JW to twist Mom's arm again!!
Looks like the perfect lunch...A mom and a sister! The women thing looks good on your mom! Tell her she should do it more often! Loved the entire post, but that picture was my favorite. You three look fabulous!
Fun times! We always love to hang with you guys. It was a fun day for sure! Glad you got that lunch with your mom and sis! :)
Love that you girls went to lunch w/Mom. That too would be a rare thing for us round these parts. The pic of Renn and Kaden w/matching glasses is TOO cute! So many cousins, so many fun times!...but it is sort of nice when everyone goes home too right?
That was fun to read about...families are the best!! I am so glad you got to spend some time with your mom and sister. Thank you for all your nice comments on my blog. I know it will all be okay someday, so many people have gone through similar experiences. Thank you also for cheering Brenna on at dance, (you might need to do it again for me on Saturday in Logan) - it has been fun for her to get to know you and your girls better.
Post a Comment