We are headed to Lake Powell on Sunday, so we had to take the boat out and make sure it was ready to go. This was our FIRST boating excursion of the year. The last couple of years we haven't taken the boat out for day trips until July because it's been cold. We thought the kids would think the water was too cold and it was only 78-80 degrees. We were so wrong. The kids loved the water and it was HOT!!!! I was a sweaty mama. Alex took Hallie and Abby took Kailey.
I only packed a sandwich, string cheese and go gurts for a small snack. I thought we would be gone two hours. We were gone 6 1/2 hours. We only sunscreened once and so everyone got a good base tan or sunburn for powell. Ooops. Adri and Kade surfed with Renn, Alex wake boarded and hogged the tube, Abby just tubed and whimpered half the time on it, Kailey and Hallie tubed many times, I just layed out!!! It was the perfect day for boating. Lake Powell here we come. We hear it might be close to 100 degrees. Ouch.
My older brother finally had his FIRST baby blessing. What a special day. It was my brother Jordan and Matthew's bdays that day also. Alyssa's dress was beautiful and the day was beautiful. David gave a fabulous blessing. After everything he blessed her with, he blessed her that she would share that with others or help others to have the same blessings. I don't know if he knew that, but it was a common theme. It was an important thought that I should share all that I am and have with others to help them become better and enrich their lives. We ate at a park in Daybreak breakfast and it was delish. I found myself welling up with tears during the blessing. David has come so far in his life and I loved this special moment!!
My FIRST first grader field trip. Adri's FIRST too. I was not suppose to attend this field trip. There were too many parent helpers and I was not chosen. The night before Adri hurt her foot and couldn't walk very well. Kaden had stepped on her foot and then she went to tumbling and made it worse. I found Adri in her room at 6 a.m. the morning of the field trip praying for her foot to feel better. A field trip is the greatest thing in these kids minds in first grade. That morning I decided I was going to Red Butte Gardens with them and pushing her in a stroller. I couldn't have her miss out. She would have been devastated. So Kade and I tagged along drove ourselves up there with a stroller. It was beautiful. The kids saw dragon flies, snakes, squirrels, ducks, and lots of nature.
The guide had them look at green stems, wood stems, flower parts and all sorts of plant life. The first graders have been learning about plants in school and this field trip was perfect. Adri loved riding on the bus, but she said it was really loud. Kaden really enjoyed following the kids on the trails and learning right along with them. I got my work out pushing the jogging stroller up dirt trails and hills. We went to a park after and ate lunch. Kade tried to push around some of the 1st graders on the jungle gyms and that's when I knew it was time for us to leave. He doesn't get that he is smaller!! It was a fun time to spend with Adri and her foot is feeling much better.On Kade and I's way home from Red Butte Gardens, I had to stop by my Grandma Robison's house. Kaden's FIRST time seeing where Papa grew up. My dad grew up in this home on 1631 Browning Ave. He went to East High and was an East sider. I loved my grandma's old house. It looks quite a bit different. There were different plants and bigger trees in the front. I saw her apricot tree in the back yard and I knew this was the house. We use to climb that tree every time we came to her house. She use to have chocolate chip-oatmeal cookies with 7 chocolate chips in each one. I never knew my Grandpa, he died when my dad was on his mission and my grandma never remarried. She died when Alex was eleven months old. I sure miss Thelma. She got ahlzeimers and had a rough time the last couple years of her life. It was a fun trip down memory lane.
LOVE MY FIRSTS. They were great.
3 comments:
Oh Nat, so glad you went boating. Love this summer fun! Your kids are all getting so good at all the water sports.
I love those pics of baby Alyssa. I didn't even get Gabryella those good of pics. What was I thinking? That dress is gorgeous. Too bad I didn't show it off more..
How precious is that Adri. I love that little girl. I love that she was saying a sweet prayer. What an amazing mom you are for driving seperate & pushing her in that stroller. Good thing you have fab legs!
I never knew Thelma, but I hear a lot about her, or get called her. Glad you had your blast from the past.. Now, time for the future.. .. Lake Powell bAbY!!
2 DAYS!!!
ahhh I love your firsts!!!
I love the boat and the lake and the sun! I am seriously so jealous! what a great day it turned out to be.
I love red butte gardens...they are beautiful. Sugar House is cool too...loved your papa's house. they are so quaint up in the hills. ( I so loved that GMA Thelma put 7 choc chips in each cookie..it's funny the things we remember...:)
Have fun in Lake Powell you lucky spoiled girl!!! xo
Have a fab time at Lake Powell!!! I can't believe Gmas house looks so different! And give Adri-bo-badri a hug from us. So sweet that she was praying about her foot.
Post a Comment