Friday, June 4, 2010

PRO PREP 2010 DANCE RECITAL


Most of these girls have been together since they were three years old. They are all great friends. They love being on the same company. This year, we have been told, things are going to change. Last night was tryouts, and we are awaiting the envelope. They will still have technique classes together, so I know they will remain friends. What a ride it has been for Alex. One of the girls had a bday party a few weeks ago, and they took some pictures before the party. They turned out so cute.
Alex's dance recital was last week before Yellowstone so I'm catching up. It was a way fun night. I brought all the kids early and then Renn met us there. We were there from 4-10 p.m. Long night. We walked to the gas station for some snacks and the kids did great. Alex had a 1 1/2 hour break so the kids went to the park with Renn. I love this time of year. It's so crazy, but it makes all the hard work, driving, money all worth it. Alex did fantastic. She danced five times. She did two hip hop dances, jazz dance, production Mary Poppins Chimney Sweeper, beautiful ballet and one more I can't remember. She learned about 8 dances this year. Wow. How do they keep them straight. Grammie came and cheered Alex on too. Kaden was pouting in one of the pics. He wanted more candy. Whats new??
Alex has loved dancing with Brenna this year. She is my cousin Jenny's daughter. My Aunt Sherri was there watching her granddaughter Brenna. Cute picture of my mom and her sis. Brenna just made the cheerleading squad at Alta High. We will miss seeing her. Alex and Brenna always teased each other on Saturday mornings.
Grammie brought Alex flowers. She loved her flowers. We still have them a week later. They are beautiful. It was our last dance performance until Christmas. What a night. Each year Alex gets better and better. I love watching her. She is becoming quite the young lady. She loves dance and loves her team. She never complains about all the hours and I don't think she would want it any other way. She is bored on days off. Anne runs an amazing studio. She has over 300 students and each dance is different and unique. It takes a certain woman to run a dance studio for sure. It's raw talent.
After the recital, the girls were all crying. Alex could not cry. She told me, "I want to cry, but I can't." I know exactly how she feels. Grammie is not a crier, and I am not a crier, thus Alex must get it from us. I was laughing and teasing the girls. It's fun to see that they love each other and develop strong bonds through dancing. The girls will see each other several times over the summer, but I think they know this year might be the year when they get seperated. We will see next week. Renn and Kade took off for home and I brought all the girls home. We stopped by Sconecutter for some yummy cinnamon honey butter scones. My girls think Sconecutter is kind of scary. I agree. Why do weird people work there. Maybe because it's open 24 hours. Great Job Big Al. You amaze me. I love you tons and love the little lady you are becoming.

3 comments:

Robison's said...

She is a young lady now. Wow! She really has grown up. She is not a kid anymore. Alex is gorgeous and beautiful in so many ways. I bet she really is an amazing dancer. You will have to show me some of her videos. I don't think we will make it to any recitals, we are hardly out there anymore. I just love that young lady though. She has it made. Renn will just have to keep those boys away from her. He prob already is. Gorgeous girl!

We are so flippin' stoked to see you guys this weekend! We have been looking forward to Lake Powell all month. We tell you this all the time, but you guys are the best to hang out with and to vaca with. So fun, and your right, no drama. See you guys tomorrow!!!

tawny said...

I LOVE the first pic! It is so beautiful!!!

You do have a "young lady" in the house...she is a gorgeous girl..you better watch out! (for the boys I mean...junior high is coming! ahhh)

Hope u had fun on the lake girly! so jealous...your SUMMER days have begun! yay

Jana said...

Fun stuff! She is a beautiful little thing and the boys will go crazy for her...scary!! Dont show that pic to my mom...I could see her hating it! Lol...did you hear Brenna girl is cheer cap! Crazy...how these pretty little girls grow up so fast!