Friday, August 14, 2009

ALL IN A SATURDAY!!!!
(Renn Cannot Hold Still)


REDNECKS

We love the County Fair. It's right across the street from our neighborhood and it's always in August. It goes from Wed-Sat. We visit many nights just walking around petting the animals, watching the hypnotists or beauty shows, visiting the vendors, going to the Derby, riding the rides and eating some good ol fashion fair snacks. Whenever we get bored, we walk over. Last year was the first year we went to the Derby. I think it's a new tradition. Renn wants to find more Derbys to go to. He loves them. Kaden also loves them. He is the best kid at the Derby. Kaden made me wear my black boots and of course Renn had his flip flops on. Kaden's boots are brown, but he was kicking sand. This REDNECK truck was so tough. I feel like a redneck when I'm at the fair. It's a nice change. The trucks were the funnest of the night.

We went with some friends in our neighborhood. Poor Mindy is 33 weeks prego and I don't think these benches were very comfortable. The kids ate kettle corn and sugar almonds while they watched the show. It was the perfect night because there was a cool down and it reminded me of football weather. Adri said it was the best night ever.

Kaden picked this blue car to win from the beginning. He was one of the finalists and Kaden was so excited. There were a few fires, fabulous crashes, woman driver and even paramedics called out. It was all very exciting. The guy was fine and it all ended great. Kaden and Zander had to kick dirt in between set ups. Why do boys love dirt so much. I'm glad I only have one.
Every year the kids fill out a book report and they get three free rides from the fair. This year the kids got sick on the rides. Adri didn't even do her third ride. The last ride Abby, Alex, and Kailey (friend), went on-Kailey puked. It was so funny. It was the Gravitron and she puked as soon as the ride stopped. I knew someone would because they were sick going in to the ride. We laughed and called her mom and laughed some more. Every year they have fireworks two nights. This year they cut budgets and there were no fireworks. We were so sad. We watch them on our deck and love it. Hopefully next year they bring them back. It's a love hate relationship with the fair, but overall we always have tons of fun.
HOGLE ZOO



Oh know!!! What do we do on a Saturday when we can't go boating. Renn was going crazy with this idea. I don't know what he is going to do this fall. He is going to drive me crazy. We had a free family pass to the zoo and so off we went. We picked up Alex after dance and headed up. Alex was all worried about her hair and how she looked. I told her the animals didn't care. It was freezing when we arrived. It was in the 60's. There was a cool breeze blowing. We all had sweatshirts and jackets luckily. The monkeys are Renn's favorite. I think Renn loved the animals more than the kids. What do you think about the size of the Elephant poop!!! We had to stare at it for awhile. We missed the new baby elephant by a couple of days.
Kaden was onery that day. He fell asleep on the way up and never snapped out of it. He had to be pushed in the stroller the whole time. We took one last minute because it's a walk for him, but then Adri had to sit in the stroller too. I still have two babies. Alex and I had the best time. We were good sports. The bear behind us was pretty cool. They had three black bears. In Yellowstone we were closer to the bears and there were no cages. Kaden was only happy when he found a lion drinking fountain.
There was a baby cub. The mama is licking her. There were baby monkeys too. Here are my two monkeys. They did love the play ground. They were nice there.
Renn was walking like an elephant. He is weird sometimes. It was a steep hill and he decided to stick his rear out far. There is a new baby giraffe on the right. He is 9 days old. So cute to watch. He never got up while we were watching and he fell asleep with his head up. We try so hard to make family fun memories and then the kids are grouchy. What's up with that. We did have some good times amongst the onery monsters. At least we tried. Hopefully Renn will get a new hobby for Saturdays and let us relax once in a while.

6 comments:

tawny said...

Yo! Renn is a little hyper, we would get along, I totally understand his kind:)

Anyhoo, Ry and I's first date was the Heber Demoliton Derby!!! We love the derby's. We went up for years....Love them. Your pics are cute of you all sitting on the bleachers hanging out. I think it is cute that Kade likes the derby (and his blue car!). and I can't believe he can already pop a wheely on his bike?!?!

Zoo looked fun, liked the booty shot. You guys are ALWAYS on the go.........you N E V E R E V E R stop. But I like that!

c u monday skinny girl.

Nancy said...

The derby looks fun! We were on the fence that night and the cold weather kept us away. I think we'll go next year for sure. Tell Renn Riverton has a Derby too...
There were lots of baby animals at the zoo, they are my favorite. I haven't been yet this year which is weird for us.
Renn must have been stickin' his booty out real far because he doesn't usually have one and it looks as big as the big mamma's in front of him!

Robison's said...

My heavens girl! You guys have had a busy summer for sure! I haven't been on the comp to check out blogs, so I haven's seen all you guys have been up to. Always so busy, but fun I'm sure!!! We shall see you in a couple days! :)

Kevin and Jeni said...

I love your family! Your kids make me laugh. I love all the pics of the fair and the zoo, those are some of our favorite places too! Kevin is still sad he missed out on Powell with you guys, every time we go fishing we think about Alex and Abby and all the fun we have fishing with them! Keep doin all your fun stuff so we can live vicariously through your blog!!
Love you guys!

Jana said...

Ok...you guys are always doing something!! Busy peolpe!! I love the picture of Renn walking...Holy crap...made me laugh!! What are you going ot do all day know that your kiddos are back in school??? Let us know about Heather...as today is Monday! So excited for her and Jordy! I need Aly's email. I took some pictures at the picnic and was going to send them to her. I am lame and have never had it! Bad cousin!! Hey..did you hear Thomas is getting married! Anyways...would love Alys email! Thanks chicky!

JW and Alli said...

Jana - your as bad as Gma...my name is spelled ALLI :) and my email is jwalli@nc.rr.com. Nat you can pass that onto her! :)

The derby looked like fun. It was so weird to see you guys all wearing jackets in those pictures. Jacket weather is way in the future for us!